Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2012 22:35

MmmMonsterMunch I really don't like the smell of all this. No smoke without fire. Just pull out John! Fcuk it we are PL now we don't need the cash as much.

Funny that no one has mentioned any of this until "little old" Reading get promoted. Shit stirring is what this is.

Feck it, if it all goes wrong and they're total crooks we can go out of business, start a phoenix club and rise up to League One within 10 - 15 years, no problems. But until someone can provide some evidence, rather than speculation about possible investigations that have gone nowhere, especially after the likes of Shinawatra and Yeoung were able to buy clubs no problem with massive criminal proceedings about to be begun... I won't be borrowing trouble.

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 20 Apr 2012 22:36

MmmMonsterMunch I really don't like the smell of all this. No smoke without fire. Just pull out John! Fcuk it we are PL now we don't need the cash as much.

I'm sorry, but do you honestly believe everything you read in the papers. How do you think Murdoch raked in the money the past thirty years? As for not needing the money, well, I'm afraid we will need it if we are to move forward. Johnny boy has taken us as far as he can take us. I'm pretty sure other investors would love to take a club like ours on but I know that Anton's interest in the club is genuine. British journalism, horse sh*t in the first degree.

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 20 Apr 2012 22:37

Ian Royal Funny that no one has mentioned any of this until "little old" Reading get promoted. Shit stirring is what this is.

Absolutely, 100% spot on Ian.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 20 Apr 2012 22:38

I agree with both of you in that all these stories now appear after promotion when they didn't give a crap for the last 3 months so yes there is definitely an element of sh1t stirring.

However do you not find it slightly worrying that he has been investigated by the FBI & various financial watchdogs? Not even a little?..

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 20 Apr 2012 22:39

MmmMonsterMunch This has just been added to the telegraph site:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ering.html

Hmm..

Not a problem surely? Investigated that many times and got away with it, clearly a very astute man.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 20 Apr 2012 22:40

Pseud O'Nym
MmmMonsterMunch This has just been added to the telegraph site:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ering.html

Hmm..

Not a problem surely? Investigated that many times and got away with it, clearly a very astute man.

True :lol:

Clearly a master of dodgy accounting

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2012 22:41

MmmMonsterMunch I agree with both of you in that all these stories now appear after promotion when they didn't give a crap for the last 3 months so yes there is definitely an element of sh1t stirring.

However do you not find it slightly worrying that he has been investigated by the FBI & various financial watchdogs? Not even a little?..

Not if they couldn't find enough shit on him to nail him with it. And not considering he's just the broker. Find me some shit on Anton, that might actually stick. And I'll start worrying.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 20 Apr 2012 22:45

He isn't just the broker though - he is a board member IIRC?

Confirmed here:

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 00,00.html

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 20 Apr 2012 22:59

Oh fhs Monster, the guy is the spokesperson for a company rub by the son of a guy who is quite clearly Russian Mafia, of course he's going to have been involved in some shady business is his long life! I think you'll find that when there's that sort of money flying about everyone is accused at some point of being a 'crook'. Hell, Abramovich has been called an awful lot worse and look at how much he's done for Chelsea.

Calm yourself, if TSI are are good for RFC the takeover will get ratified, if not then it won't. Who do you trust more, Sir John or some Telegraph hack who's done 10 minutes research on the web in order to write a sensationalist piece on a 'dodgy' takeover?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 20 Apr 2012 23:08

winchester_royal Oh fhs Monster, the guy is the spokesperson for a company rub by the son of a guy who is quite clearly Russian Mafia, of course he's going to have been involved in some shady business is his long life! I think you'll find that when there's that sort of money flying about everyone is accused at some point of being a 'crook'. Hell, Abramovich has been called an awful lot worse and look at how much he's done for Chelsea.

Calm yourself, if TSI are are good for RFC the takeover will get ratified, if not then it won't. Who do you trust more, Sir John or some Telegraph hack who's done 10 minutes research on the web in order to write a sensationalist piece on a 'dodgy' takeover?

Have to say I'm a bit sad John won't be involved for much longer in any case.

Ok maybe I should stop worrying. Lets spend loads of fcuking money. :lol:

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 20 Apr 2012 23:15

Course SJM could be scamming them! Best keep quiet so as not to queer his pitch.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 20 Apr 2012 23:39

The only think needed now is a favourite painting and a deal at Wembley.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Apr 2012 10:24

Ian Royal

Funny that no one has mentioned any of this until "little old" Reading get promoted. Shit stirring is what this is.

Feck it, if it all goes wrong and they're total crooks we can go out of business, start a phoenix club and rise up to League One within 10 - 15 years, no problems. But until someone can provide some evidence, rather than speculation about possible investigations that have gone nowhere, especially after the likes of Shinawatra and Yeoung were able to buy clubs no problem with massive criminal proceedings about to be begun... I won't be borrowing trouble.

I'm sure Samuelson will be suing them if it's all just "shit stirring" or maybe it hasn't been brought up until now because the Telegraph was making investigations? Who knows eh? .....

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 21 Apr 2012 10:35

No charges were ever proved and the case dropped

No guilty

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 21 Apr 2012 11:06

There won't be any suing because none of them have actually said he's done anything wrong, just that he's been involved in allegations of it. No charges have been brought against him and unless there are any current investigations against him what's the worry?

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 21 Apr 2012 11:19

Matt Scott the jounalist..isn`t he the same one interviewd on the talksport site? wouldn`t be a jealous hammer by any chance would he?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 21 Apr 2012 11:43

MmmMonsterMunch Fcuk it we are PL now we don't need the cash as much.

Oh how naiive.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 21 Apr 2012 11:47

Cripes, Boris is in da house today, tweet from Fordham. :shock:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Apr 2012 11:49

Chaney Matt Scott the jounalist..isn`t he the same one interviewd on the talksport site? wouldn`t be a jealous hammer by any chance would he?

No. He's not. He's an Arsenal fan. You were saying.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Scott ... journalist)

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 21 Apr 2012 17:09

These accusations have come and gone in the past, and that is all this is again. It isn't something that can put the takeover in jeopardy, so it's BAU as far as we're concerned.

Boris Zingarevich being at the game today adds weight to the rumours that he is also involved with TSI; something I'm delighted about if so. One family; a millionaire son and his multi billionaire father. I'd favour that over a consortium of investors, or two many chefs as they say.

5145 posts