Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Buyout

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Mar 2014 11:33

You're daft and pointless.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Mar 2014 11:35

Sorry, didn't mean that. Didn't get much sleep last night, and got a lot on my mind. But that's no excuse. I shouldn't have taken it out on you.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 10 Mar 2014 12:44

Do any of you guys sometimes think "oooh, that Anton - what an asshole" and then start to think about his actual asshole? How it'd be right there in front of you, and you glance up and see Anton's smiling face looking over his shoulder, then glance back down at his sexy brown HAL 9000, staring with unblinking desire. Lights, sounds, time, flashes by you as you travel at the speed of light beyond the infinite.

The next minute you are in bed not with Anton, but an older version of yourself. Anton appears at the foot of the bed, you reach out - but you are transformed into a fetal being enclosed in a transparent orb of light, hovering by a giant asshole. You look up and Anton's smiling face is there once more, a million light years across, smiling, inviting you in for one more journey through the bowels of time.

I haven't, just wondered if any of you ever had.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Mar 2014 13:00

Didn't know he owned a donkey. Although Guthrie does look like one with that hairstyle and indeed plays like one.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 10 Mar 2014 13:06

Extended-Phenotype Do any of you guys sometimes think "oooh, that Anton - what an asshole" and then start to think about his actual asshole? How it'd be right there in front of you, and you glance up and see Anton's smiling face looking over his shoulder, then glance back down at his sexy brown HAL 9000, staring with unblinking desire. Lights, sounds, time, flashes by you as you travel at the speed of light beyond the infinite.

The next minute you are in bed not with Anton, but an older version of yourself. Anton appears at the foot of the bed, you reach out - but you are transformed into a fetal being enclosed in a transparent orb of light, hovering by a giant asshole. You look up and Anton's smiling face is there once more, a million light years across, smiling, inviting you in for one more journey through the bowels of time.

I haven't, just wondered if any of you ever had.

I hadn't until you mentioned it and now I can't get that thought out of my mind ....

1871 not 1998

by 1871 not 1998 » 10 Mar 2014 19:29

Uke
Royalwaster
Harpers So Solid Crew Think it is safe to put this up now. Heard from someone that also knows contacts of JM that the club are seriously struggling to pay the contracted wages to the end of the season. Always a difficult time at a club if true, players will be looking towards the summer and moving on, taking risks and getting injured is not an option for them now.

How is this possible? The club doesn't have massive debts ... surely it could just borrow some money?

It did, against future ticket receipts

Wow, John Madejski really has lost the plot if that is true, and it's not the first time this season that these rumours have come out. Since when is gambling a clubs future by taking loans against future ticket receipts a good idea? We should have sold one or two in January and asked Adkins to promote a couple of the youngsters, and start his summer rebuilding early. So now we're not only hoping this new owner passes the fit and proper test with the Football League this month, but we're also hoping they are prepared to put substantial funds into the playing staff just to keep the bang average squad we have, before even considering adding to it. Pardon me for not feeling optimistic about our future. Well done John! At least you gambling on our future ensures you still get your money for your shares though aye!

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 10 Mar 2014 19:34

royalgrumpy

by royalgrumpy » 10 Mar 2014 20:13

If you believe everything that has supposedly come out of the club this season, and I hope you don't, then we took a loan out with Vibrac to receive the parachute payment early, and then took another loan out against future ticket sales. When did Si John become that erratic? Come on! We know he would have sold some of the high earners first, both in the summer and in January. I'm sorry, but I cannot buy this at all. The Vibrac loan I can, just about, but not the latter.
Last edited by royalgrumpy on 10 Mar 2014 20:18, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Mar 2014 20:16

royalgrumpy If you believe everything that has supposedly come out of the club this season then we took a loan out with Vibrac to receive the parachute payment early, and then took another loan out against future ticket sales. When did Si John become that erratic? Come on! We know he would have sold some of the high earners first, both in the summer and in January. I'm sorry, but I cannot buy this at all. The Vibrac loan I can, just about, but not the latter.

Hadn't heard the future ticket sales one. That way madness lies so I hope it isn't true.

We should know in the summer with SJM in charge because if it's true it'll be cheap freebies in and everything must go sales for the squad. He'd never sell us down the river in that way.

1871 not 1998

by 1871 not 1998 » 10 Mar 2014 20:37

@ReadingFC__News 1m
TAKEOVER: @TonyHusbandBBC confirms exclusivity agreement is close to expiring and "it could be an interesting week or so." #ReadingFC

I don't know why that could be interesting. It's only interesting if the football league pass the new owner as fit, otherwise we are shafted this summer.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Mar 2014 20:42

1871 not 1998 @ReadingFC__News 1m
TAKEOVER: @TonyHusbandBBC confirms exclusivity agreement is close to expiring and "it could be an interesting week or so." #ReadingFC

I don't know why that could be interesting. It's only interesting if the football league pass the new owner as fit, otherwise we are shafted this summer.

Or @TonyHusbandBBC confirms there was a slow news day so we made up something about an exclusivity agreement and are now saying it's expired for more attention and because nothing has happened for us to pretend we knew all about all along.

royalgrumpy

by royalgrumpy » 10 Mar 2014 21:09

Don't be so quick to write that one off. The exclusivity agreement is real, but that doesn't mean the Football League will approve the take-over. Two usually reliable sources both say the deal is genuine and the club were hopeful of a conclusion before the month is out. Now we just wait and see if anything comes of it.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 10 Mar 2014 21:18

1871 not 1998 I don't know why that could be interesting. It's only interesting if the football league pass the new owner as fit, otherwise we are shafted this summer.

Or we just sell players to make up the shortfall, just as we did last time we got relegated.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 10 Mar 2014 21:28

Ian Royal

Or @TonyHusbandBBC confirms there was a slow news day so we made up something about an exclusivity agreement and are now saying it's expired for more attention and because nothing has happened for us to pretend we knew all about all along.

does it help your argument when accusing someone of making stuff up, to make stuff up yourself?

1871 not 1998

by 1871 not 1998 » 10 Mar 2014 21:32

tmesis
1871 not 1998 I don't know why that could be interesting. It's only interesting if the football league pass the new owner as fit, otherwise we are shafted this summer.

Or we just sell players to make up the shortfall, just as we did last time we got relegated.

Sounds simple doesn't it? Only this time we have links to Vibrac (which almost certainly confirm we have loaned the first parachute payment - at a cost, to cover the wage bill) and now there are more rumours that we may not be able to cover the wage bill until the end of the season and there has possibly been another loan to get us by, this time against future ticket sales.. Add to that a massive wage bill and £2.5m annual cost to maintain the academy and no, no it's not as simple as selling a couple of our best players. This club may well be in big trouble without new ownership!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 10 Mar 2014 21:40

Hang on, the only rumour I've heard is that we will struggle to pay wages next year.

Which can be sorted by clearing out any contracts expiring and offering up anyone on big money for next to nothing incoming.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 10 Mar 2014 21:44

ZacNaloen Hang on, the only rumour I've heard is that we will struggle to pay wages next year.

Which can be sorted by clearing out any contracts expiring and offering up anyone on big money for next to nothing incoming.

There were rumours before xmas that we may be in trouble come February as we couldn't afford the wages. Then the transfer window came and went and although we didn't spend (and Sharp and Baird came off the wage bill), we didn't sell either. But that same rumour appears to have resurfaced today regarding getting to the end of the season. I don't think anyone is any the wiser about what state we're in. All we are sure about is SJM being extremely keen to sell.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 10 Mar 2014 22:38

Could mean that someone else can now come in for a new deal? Or whoever we signed the deal with will want to finalise the deal ... ?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 10 Mar 2014 23:04

I find it hard to believe we can't pay our wages TBH - don't believe this for a second.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 10 Mar 2014 23:39

Ian Royal
royalgrumpy If you believe everything that has supposedly come out of the club this season then we took a loan out with Vibrac to receive the parachute payment early, and then took another loan out against future ticket sales. When did Si John become that erratic? Come on! We know he would have sold some of the high earners first, both in the summer and in January. I'm sorry, but I cannot buy this at all. The Vibrac loan I can, just about, but not the latter.

Hadn't heard the future ticket sales one. That way madness lies so I hope it isn't true.

We should know in the summer with SJM in charge because if it's true it'll be cheap freebies in and everything must go sales for the squad. He'd never sell us down the river in that way.

I confused the Vibrac loan, which is against the future revenues (mainly para payments) with against receipts

Before it becomes an internet "fact" we can knock it on the head.

My very bad

8684 posts