2821 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: #SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jun 2024 19:30

SouthDownsRoyal
Sutekh
SouthDownsRoyal
Imagine a forum where one could simply scroll past posts one doesn’t like or agree with

Wonder what it was like in the old days when people just ignored other people's opinions that they didn't agree with, rather than getting upset and having to have a cry.

Does make you wonder

Well, we didn't have them constantly shoved in our faces, because we cultivated friendship groups and didn't associate with people where it was an issue.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 20 Jun 2024 21:15

Orion1871 Imagine a forum where an open racist who continually posts their bigoted bullshit unchecked was banned instead of allowed to continually post their bigoted views.

It's a bit stupid to say "just scroll past and ignore them" when that's precisely what I and so many are doing by putting KKKarboot on ignore.

I'm not the first, and won't be the last, to say "don't quote him" but obviously I'm getting pelters for it when others don't. Oh well, shit happens.

You really aren’t.
I just pointed out the irony of you ordering me to not quote him when you yourself had quoted him !
I wouldn’t lose sleep over it.
However I’ll continue to decide for myself what I post and leave it to you to not read stuff. That seems the grown up approach.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 20 Jun 2024 23:42

Crusader Royal
Orion1871 Imagine a forum where an open racist who continually posts their bigoted bullshit unchecked was banned instead of allowed to continually post their bigoted views.

It's a bit stupid to say "just scroll past and ignore them" when that's precisely what I and so many are doing by putting KKKarboot on ignore.

I'm not the first, and won't be the last, to say "don't quote him" but obviously I'm getting pelters for it when others don't. Oh well, shit happens.

You really aren’t.
I just pointed out the irony of you ordering me to not quote him when you yourself had quoted him !
I wouldn’t lose sleep over it.
However I’ll continue to decide for myself what I post and leave it to you to not read stuff. That seems the grown up approach.

As is scrolling on by, if you don’t like what’s on tv, change the channel, if you don’t like a post, whether it’s quoted or not just scroll past.

This works for me, whoever the poster may be.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 23 Jun 2024 15:18

Can I remind you all there two processes in place to report racist or offensive users

1. Use the snitch switch and a moderator can moderate the content of a post or delete it, They do not have much power greater than this at their disposal, other than viewing ip addresses
2. As per below, report with evidence to the site owner, Hobnob who has admin rights and can ban or suspend either an individual user, every user or a number in between.... I'm assuming abuse@royals.org still works, if not I guess we're all on our own.

Conditions of Use
By entering the Hob Nob Anyone? discussion boards you agree to post messages in accordance with the following rules:

No swearing or abusive language to be contained in the subject or body of any posting.
No threatening behaviour to be contained in the subject or body of any posting.
No "spam" or repetitive postings and No "promotional" postings for external commercial websites allowed.
All messages posted are the responsibility of the author and not this website.
Discussion must be on topic - the topic of these boards is Reading Football Club.
Any user who breaks any of the above rules is subject to an instant ban from this area of this website.
If you wish to complain about anyone's use of this board please send an email to abuse@royals.org quoting as much of the following as possible: the page filename, the poster's name, IP address, e-mail address, and nature of your complaint.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jun 2024 16:54

Forbury Lion Can I remind you all there two processes in place to report racist or offensive users

1. Use the snitch switch and a moderator can moderate the content of a post or delete it, They do not have much power greater than this at their disposal, other than viewing ip addresses
2. As per below, report with evidence to the site owner, Hobnob who has admin rights and can ban or suspend either an individual user, every user or a number in between.... I'm assuming abuse@royals.org still works, if not I guess we're all on our own.

Conditions of Use
By entering the Hob Nob Anyone? discussion boards you agree to post messages in accordance with the following rules:

No swearing or abusive language to be contained in the subject or body of any posting.
No "spam" or repetitive postings and No "promotional" postings for external commercial websites allowed.
Discussion must be on topic - the topic of these boards is Reading Football Club.
Any user who breaks any of the above rules is subject to an instant ban from this area of this website.
If you wish to complain about anyone's use of this board please send an email to abuse@royals.org quoting as much of the following as possible: the page filename, the poster's name, IP address, e-mail address, and nature of your complaint.

Discussion must be on topic :lol: good luck enforcing that one!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 24 Jun 2024 14:18

Sutekh
Forbury Lion Can I remind you all there two processes in place to report racist or offensive users

Conditions of Use

Discussion must be on topic :lol: good luck enforcing that one!
Easy.... Can just moderate the topic title by adding "and random sh*t" on the end.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 25 Jun 2024 20:23

I was hoping this thread would have closed by now. Going to be toxic in August with Dai

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 26 Jun 2024 10:46

Royal_jimmy I was hoping this thread would have closed by now. Going to be toxic in August with Dai

It’s just deeply sad to be living this Groundhog Day in nearly July no news nothing happening

Knowing we will start the 24-25 season with dai in charge :cry:

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 26 Jun 2024 11:04

SouthDownsRoyal
Royal_jimmy I was hoping this thread would have closed by now. Going to be toxic in August with Dai

It’s just deeply sad to be living this Groundhog Day in nearly July no news nothing happening

I agree.

I honestly think in Dai’s mad world he believes we can get promoted this season and he’s waiting to sell us as a Championship club.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 26 Jun 2024 11:21

blythspartan
SouthDownsRoyal

I agree.

I honestly think in Dai’s mad world he believes we can get promoted this season and he’s waiting to sell us as a Championship club.
Would get more if he held on for another season after that and sold us as a Premiership side, likewise another year later as a Champions League winners

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Jun 2024 12:08

blythspartan
SouthDownsRoyal

I agree.

I wonder who he has as the manager and coaching staff in that mad world?! I doubt Bowen will be available! :lol: :twisted:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jun 2024 15:44

Is there anything SBWD can do in the close season to try and turn the heat up a bit? Swamping Brum on the opening day with as many placards and flags as possible on the subject might be a goer esp. as it's bound to be on the telly.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 26 Jun 2024 15:53

Sutekh Is there anything SBWD can do in the close season to try and turn the heat up a bit? Swamping Brum on the opening day with as many placards and flags as possible on the subject might be a goer esp. as it's bound to be on the telly.

To what end? The problem isn't lack of awareness of the situation, it's the inability of anyone other than Dai to affect any change.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jun 2024 15:57

Dirk Gently
Sutekh Is there anything SBWD can do in the close season to try and turn the heat up a bit? Swamping Brum on the opening day with as many placards and flags as possible on the subject might be a goer esp. as it's bound to be on the telly.

To what end? The problem isn't lack of awareness of the situation, it's the inability of anyone other than Dai to affect any change.

Would agree there's not much else anyone can do so it's really making sure high visibility of the issue remains, esp as it would seem he has no interest in selling at market prices.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 26 Jun 2024 16:06

Dai owns the club

Dai won’t sell the club or at least keeps sodding about and making any buyer disinterested

Not much more to it really.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Jun 2024 16:41

Dirk Gently

To continue to call out the game's guardians and governing bodies for starters. They may not be able to influence Dai directly but they do seem to have a lot of friends in high places. Also, we could do without them further punishing employees, players, coaching staff and fans for any further failings/wrong doings on the part of Dai and/or his sidekicks.

I do, however, believe we should now take the protests to Dai and Pang's (maybe even Howe's) doorsteps, as had been proposed until the idea was shelved in good faith as no-one wanted to rock what seemed to be at the time a promising sale boat (no pun intended!),

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 26 Jun 2024 17:16

RoyalBlue
Dirk Gently

To continue to call out the game's guardians and governing bodies for starters. They may not be able to influence Dai directly but they do seem to have a lot of friends in high places. Also, we could do without them further punishing employees, players, coaching staff and fans for any further failings/wrong doings on the part of Dai and/or his sidekicks.

I do, however, believe we should now take the protests to Dai and Pang's (maybe even Howe's) doorsteps, as had been proposed until the idea was shelved in good faith as no-one wanted to rock what seemed to be at the time a promising sale boat (no pun intended!),

Do you really think that pissing Dai off even more is likely to make him try harder to sell the club?

IMHO it'll only make him more likely to dig his heels in, stick two fingers up and say "Up yours, this club can just fold up and die."

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 26 Jun 2024 17:45

Dirk Gently
RoyalBlue
Dirk Gently

Do you really think that pissing Dai off even more is likely to make him try harder to sell the club?

IMHO it'll only make him more likely to dig his heels in, stick two fingers up and say "Up yours, this club can just fold up and die."

So that leaves
- do nothing, just let th8ngs happen
- be really nice to Dai. Send him chocolates and flowers, name a road in South Reading after him, give him an honorary degree in Business Studies from Reading Uni , let him headline the Festival, take him for a session at the Turtle. See if making him feel loved does the trick.

Second option looks worth a try

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Jun 2024 18:46

SouthDownsRoyal Dai owns the club

Dai won’t sell the club or at least keeps sodding about and making any buyer disinterested

Dai is in deep trouble and needs to recover as much money as is possible on behalf of his creditors. The ground and training ground need to be sold at a fair and decent price as a consequence. Makes for a complex situation.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 26 Jun 2024 20:46

Lower West
SouthDownsRoyal Dai owns the club

Dai is in deep trouble and needs to recover as much money as is possible on behalf of his creditors. The ground and training ground need to be sold at a fair and decent price as a consequence. Makes for a complex situation.

True but it’s a market, it’s like selling anything, you think your house is worth £400,000 and want nothing less and will take nothing less, but the market value is £320,000 and the only offers you are getting is around £320,000

You can wait all you want you won’t get £400,000

You never sell the house you get £0

2821 posts