Back from the miracle

288 posts
ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: Back from the miracle

by ZacNaloen » 14 Jan 2013 12:13

MouldyRoyal Akpan isn't a defensive midfielder though? At least, not in the same style as Legs or Carrico.

No, I get the impression he's a bit like Guthrie

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 14 Jan 2013 12:16

Yeah, a deeper lying ball playing midfielder who is happy to rove forward too. I think Crawley fans said his tackling was his worst feature.

People see a big bloke and assume defensive.

Brianstorm

by Brianstorm » 14 Jan 2013 12:24

MouldyRoyal Yeah, a deeper lying ball playing midfielder who is happy to rove forward too. I think Crawley fans said his tackling was his worst feature.

I though the Crawley fan said he was quite good at tackling but he is a bit excitable which leads him to doing some silly ones.

Broxroyal

by Broxroyal » 14 Jan 2013 12:43

Brianstorm
MouldyRoyal Yeah, a deeper lying ball playing midfielder who is happy to rove forward too. I think Crawley fans said his tackling was his worst feature.

I though the Crawley fan said he was quite good at tackling but he is a bit excitable which leads him to doing some silly ones.

This. Steve Coppell has said that he can play either as defensive midfielder or as a box to box player. Crawley fans have said that his tackling is enthusiastic but can be mis-timed. Hence the number of cards.

Esteban

by Esteban » 14 Jan 2013 12:52

Broxroyal
Brianstorm

This. Steve Coppell has said that he can play either as defensive midfielder or as a box to box player. Crawley fans have said that his tackling is enthusiastic but can be mis-timed. Hence the number of cards.

We've been missing a box to box midfielder for years. Akpan will get game time this season, but I don't think he's going to start many league games.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 14 Jan 2013 12:56

I'd describe Karacan as box to box, his shooting just lets him down.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 14 Jan 2013 13:31

Just a random thought on this.

Never mind the vital 3 points this brings us - the timing is absolutely perfect when we're trying to persuade people to join us. Demonstrating a fightback to win from 2-0 down is exactly what transfer targets will want to see, and will make the club a much more attractive one to join than one that's just lost 2-0.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 14 Jan 2013 20:05

Alexander Litvinenko Just a random thought on this.

Never mind the vital 3 points this brings us - the timing is absolutely perfect when we're trying to persuade people to join us. Demonstrating a fightback to win from 2-0 down is exactly what transfer targets will want to see, and will make the club a much more attractive one to join than one that's just lost 2-0.

+1

288 posts