SIGNED - Nick Blackman

285 posts
Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

Re: SIGNED - Nick Blackman

by Extended-Phenotype » 22 Apr 2013 16:15

We signed him because The McDermott Scouting System™ identified him as a target.
(McD bumping into someone in car park after a match, asking them "are you a footballer?")

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Apr 2013 16:17

:roll:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Apr 2013 17:29

leon
RoyalBlue I wouldn't have had a problem with signing Blackman as a 'possible one for the future' had we also signed some other established PL striker at the same time. However, to have only signed someone for the future when we needed players who could make an immediate impact was absolutely criminal on the part of McDermott and Hammond.

People moan that Adkins didn't go for the win yesterday, when in fact our PL status was as good as lost by McDermott and Hammond during the January transfer window.

that would be criminal as in they committed a crime, or made a decision that in hindsight you disagree with?

No a decision I disagreed with at the time (there was no need for hindsight). Indeed his signing, and failure to sign players who could make an immediate positive impact, even went against what McDermott had previously said we needed to be doing!

GreaterTorontoRoyal

by GreaterTorontoRoyal » 22 Apr 2013 18:34

St. Brynjar
Ian Royal
St. Brynjar Were people not saying the exact same about Kebe when we signed him last relegation season? That transfer worked out okay in the end.

Kebe showed quite a lot of promise in his appearances, just no end product. It was also clear where he should be playing.

Fair enough then, was just trying to find out rather than make a point. I was quite young then so I don't remember much of him apart from getting malaria or something.

Fae got malaria, not Kébé

SapperBRoyal

by SapperBRoyal » 22 Apr 2013 19:06

RoyalBlue
leon
RoyalBlue I wouldn't have had a problem with signing Blackman as a 'possible one for the future' had we also signed some other established PL striker at the same time. However, to have only signed someone for the future when we needed players who could make an immediate impact was absolutely criminal on the part of McDermott and Hammond.

People moan that Adkins didn't go for the win yesterday, when in fact our PL status was as good as lost by McDermott and Hammond during the January transfer window.

that would be criminal as in they committed a crime, or made a decision that in hindsight you disagree with?

No a decision I disagreed with at the time (there was no need for hindsight). Indeed his signing, and failure to sign players who could make an immediate positive impact, even went against what McDermott had previously said we needed to be doing!

And where do you suggest Hammond was in this criminal act, given the money isn't his and it is highly unlikely that he gets a carrying vote on the players?

285 posts