Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Royston Drenthe

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Jun 2013 18:31

GTFO :arrow:

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 14 Jun 2013 18:32

TBF I have heard that he has matured from his time at Everton and it was Moyes who made him realise he had to change his attitude.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 14 Jun 2013 18:43

fruits I just hope this guy doesn't, sign his history is terrible we might get six good games out of him in the whole season,the damage his antics will cause in the dressing room could be very costly. He has an attitude problem big time. If he signs then my season is ruined before it starts' Mourinho ,Moyes couldn't, control him so can,t see NIgel Adkins doing any better. Just hope this is not a policy handed down from the RUssian oligarch that RFC must sign big name players whether they are has beens or never weres
this possible signing frightens me to near death.

Bore off

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 14 Jun 2013 18:51

fruits I just hope this guy doesn't, sign his history is terrible we might get six good games out of him in the whole season,the damage his antics will cause in the dressing room could be very costly. He has an attitude problem big time. If he signs then my season is ruined before it starts' Mourinho ,Moyes couldn't, control him so can,t see NIgel Adkins doing any better. Just hope this is not a policy handed down from the RUssian oligarch that RFC must sign big name players whether they are has beens or never weres

HOW F*CKING DARE YOU!!!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 14 Jun 2013 18:54

winchester_royal

Bore off

+1 We are in desperate need of a nutcase for next season. Long overdue - not really had one since Bikey.

yuomi

by yuomi » 14 Jun 2013 19:23

Just for fun, cos you're clearly a bit of a wacky chap, what other mid-20s, Dutch international and former Rmd winger would you rather we signed?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 14 Jun 2013 19:25

Barry the bird boggler :lol:

Just one question though and assuming hooper turns up as well, how is all this possible given the leagues financial play rules or has nicky h also managed to persuade them to play for free.....

If we're prepared to pay big wages, I'd guess we're prepared to pay the fine for breaching FFP...

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 14 Jun 2013 19:33

Do one you hand-wringing bell-end. :wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Jun 2013 19:37

MmmMonsterMunch This is fcuking amazing. PLEASE be true.

Fcuk the PL can't we just stay in the champ & tear it up year after year? That would do me nicely.

TBF, we've been tearing up the top six in the Championship in four out of the last 8 seasons. And three of those we were in the Premier League instead.

Actually, saying that it seems pretty fooking awesome. Back in the dark days of 1996 to 2000, I'd have laughed in your face if you told me that'd happen and we'd have a keeper in the England squad and be in for a former Real Madrid player. There's just not enough :shock: in the world

yuomi

by yuomi » 14 Jun 2013 19:45

Jesus, i thought he was taller than that!

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 14 Jun 2013 20:22

New Reading signing Drenthe only inches from being the new Messi.

This signing does seem to be true and if it does'nt go pear-shaped I think this may be massive for the club. A top quality striker added to the ranks (Hooper and Altidore are both current rumours) would see us starting to have a really good squad. Other incomers to replace leavers and give us real depth would make me think that we WILL be in the Premiership again after this season.

jellytot

by jellytot » 14 Jun 2013 21:22

yuomi

Jesus, i thought he was taller than that!

Lol! Messi is standing on Xavi's shoulders there to be honest! Sky are running the story too so do not think it is just the Chronicle making things up! At least the Chronicle comes up with stories.. The Evening Post just copies and pastes from the club site now! It has come from his agent so could be far from complete and he is trying to stir things..

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 14 Jun 2013 22:14

Sung to the tune of YMCA

Royston Drenthe you are a superstar,
Royston Drenthe, I will take you in my car
To the Premiership, where Reading want to stay,
Royston Drenthe, will you make it that way, etc.

Lovely hot donuts!
Location: Lower Earley and/or Birmingham. Feckless student. Twitter: @RussellLParker

by Lovely hot donuts! » 14 Jun 2013 22:18

Does anyone know the correct pronunciation of his surname? I've heard a few different one's. I've been saying drenth-ay, is that right?

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 14 Jun 2013 22:24

Ive always pronounced it DREN-the Dren being the dominant syllable and with the ''th'' sounding like someone with a lisp.

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 14 Jun 2013 22:28

Whatever. I still does'nt muck up the lyric.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 14 Jun 2013 22:55

I was thinking Drenth-uh. Drenth-ay sounds a bit better though.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 14 Jun 2013 22:58

St. Brynjar I was thinking Drenth-uh. Drenth-ay sounds a bit better though.

Thats how I was trying to say it Drenth-uh

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 14 Jun 2013 22:59

LightwaterRoyal Ive always pronounced it DREN-the Dren being the dominant syllable and with the ''th'' sounding like someone with a lisp.

Correct

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 14 Jun 2013 22:59

I thought it was pronounced 'drant-eh'.

2007 posts