Yeovil (A) - Official Match Thread Sponsored By Gaymers Cide

313 posts
El Diablo

Re: Yeovil (A) - Official Match Thread Sponsored By Gaymers

by El Diablo » 31 Aug 2013 17:20

Ian Royal
windermere_royal
no, so I cant comment if it was shit or not.

I'm not sure you've really understood the whole point of the Match Thread.

Seems you suffer from a similar problem on the back from the game threads

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 31 Aug 2013 17:21

In the car now. oxf*rd awful performance. Pen looked a blatant dive, most around agreed. We would have lost by 2 at least if Madden had played. Awful.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Aug 2013 17:23

El Diablo
Ian Royal
windermere_royal
no, so I cant comment if it was shit or not.

I'm not sure you've really understood the whole point of the Match Thread.

Seems you suffer from a similar problem on the back from the game threads

No, not really. Not since about 2008 anyway.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 31 Aug 2013 17:24

The match thread should be locked on the stroke of full time.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 31 Aug 2013 17:25

P!ssed Off In the car now. oxf*rd awful performance. Pen looked a blatant dive, most around agreed. We would have lost by 2 at least if Madden had played. Awful.

Sums it up for me WE WERE SHIT

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 31 Aug 2013 17:28

Still early days for NA. 8 pts, 2 wins which should have been 3 against Watford. Conceded 6 on Tuesday and only an autistic would expect Reading to come out all guns blazing today.

Clean sheet and NA is a winner, he will get this right. We will be fine and will get better and better.

Can someone please post the link where it says we will sign 3 new p,layers? Haven't seen it anywhere.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 31 Aug 2013 17:30

Lacoste Still early days for NA. 8 pts, 2 wins which should have been 3 against Watford. Conceded 6 on Tuesday and only an autistic would expect Reading to come out all guns blazing today.

Clean sheet and NA is a winner, he will get this right. We will be fine and will get better and better.

Can someone please post the link where it says we will sign 3 new p,layers? Haven't seen it anywhere.

The voice of reason.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 31 Aug 2013 17:31

Lacoste Still early days for NA. 8 pts, 2 wins which should have been 3 against Watford. Conceded 6 on Tuesday and only an autistic would expect Reading to come out all guns blazing today.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... le-5817019

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 31 Aug 2013 17:31

ManchesterRoyals
P!ssed Off In the car now. oxf*rd awful performance. Pen looked a blatant dive, most around agreed. We would have lost by 2 at least if Madden had played. Awful.

Think 8 points from 5 games is a decent enough return for a team trying to adjust to life in the champ & change their playing style. Don't really see the need to panic.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 31 Aug 2013 17:33

MmmMonsterMunch
ManchesterRoyals

Think 8 points from 5 games is a decent enough return for a team trying to adjust to life in the champ & change their playing style. Don't really see the need to panic.

No i agree but this does prove we need a striker

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 31 Aug 2013 17:40

Yes we weren't fluent, but 3 points and a clean sheet and some you lot still go on with yourselves?

Pathetic.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Aug 2013 17:43

Points are points and we take them with satisfaction, but reservation that we need to improve if we want to take a step forward as a club. Happily, even after some disappointing results and performances, there is still clearly a good idea of where we're going and what we need to do to get there. We might not achieve it, only time will tell.

But we're under no urgency. If it doesn't come off this season, we've got at least one more to do it, if not several. Barring total disaster.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 31 Aug 2013 17:43

Adkins on BBCRB confirming Kebe had a medical at CP yesterday

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 31 Aug 2013 17:44

winchester_royal Yes we weren't fluent, but 3 points and a clean sheet and some you lot still go on with yourselves?

Pathetic.

Was at the game. The clean sheet was down soley to McCarthy and their best player being injured. The defence was shit. Our goal appeared to come from blatant cheating. Yes, I'm a very proud fan...

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 31 Aug 2013 17:47

P!ssed Off
winchester_royal Yes we weren't fluent, but 3 points and a clean sheet and some you lot still go on with yourselves?

Pathetic.

Was at the game. The clean sheet was down soley to McCarthy and their best player being injured. The defence was shit. Our goal appeared to come from blatant cheating. Yes, I'm a very proud fan...

Have a pint and get over it, we`ve been beaten by bad goals too you know?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 31 Aug 2013 17:48

windermere_royal

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... le-5817019

The plan is to get 2 or 3 but will they?

I'm putting money on Vaz Te as one. (Kebe replacement)
Last edited by Gordons Cumming on 31 Aug 2013 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Aug 2013 17:49

P!ssed Off

Pathetic.

It was hardly a Liverpool performance though, was it? Didn't they only have about 4-6 shots on target?

You've got to take your chances and despite certainly sounding the better team, they didn't. End of. You plug away and you take what falls to you. I don't want to see us cheating, but we've been done plenty of times like that, so I'm certainly not going to cry over it.

We've got a couple of weeks off and we were on a Tuesday hangover. A result's a result. We move on, but actually with 3 points under our belt.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 31 Aug 2013 17:53

Ian Royal
P!ssed Off

Pathetic.

It was hardly a Liverpool performance though, was it? Didn't they only have about 4-6 shots on target?

You've got to take your chances and despite certainly sounding the better team, they didn't. End of. You plug away and you take what falls to you. I don't want to see us cheating, but we've been done plenty of times like that, so I'm certainly not going to cry over it.

We've got a couple of weeks off and we were on a Tuesday hangover. A result's a result. We move on, but actually with 3 points under our belt.

4 shots on target according to beeb
so McCarthy must have been in world class form.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 31 Aug 2013 17:54

Dull game but Reading were marginally the better side. Yeovil created little of note as did we.

Drenthe was shocking, Williams easily the best player once he came on. My first game of the season so hard to see why he doesn't start.

Fella saying McCArthy saved us is blind, he had nothing to do.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 31 Aug 2013 17:55

P!ssed Off

Pathetic.

So was I. McCarthy didn't have that many outstanding saves to make and the penalty looked stonewall from where I was.

Regardless - that was a real battle out there today. The players left everything out there and were visibly ruined at the end. Massive 3 points after a very tough week that leaves us very much in the thick of things going into deadline day.

We're not going to dominate every team, we're going to have tough days, so if we can come through them with 3 points then that's a very good thing in my eyes.

313 posts