The Adkins Sack/Resignation Countdown Thread

361 posts
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The Adkins Sack/Resignation Countdown Thread

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Dec 2013 19:43

Yet again though Cureton you drivel on & on about Brian. Are you autistic as you are definitely showing signs of it...

Utterly fixated with someone who no longer works for us - he is gone.

Who do you suppose we get in? Do you have anything remotely useful to say?

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 28 Dec 2013 19:58

MmmMonsterMunch Do you have anything remotely useful to say?

As oppopposed to using Autism to explain why somebody else holds a different viewpoint to ones own?

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 28 Dec 2013 20:02

Cureton's Volley

As oppopposed to using Autism to explain why somebody else holds a different viewpoint to ones own?

A good question was asked and you chose to ignore it. Who would you rather have in than Adkins? Since he is doing such a bad
job.

I mean, come on, you and a few others like to trap off about the new regime, but never give a constructive answer on who you would rather have. And please, it's a bit lightweight coming back saying 'any other' or 'the one we had', cause the latter isn't going to happen and the first is a simpletons answer. Go on...Who?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 28 Dec 2013 21:53

One person is truly pissing himself laughing at this thread

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Dec 2013 22:08

Uke One person is truly pissing himself laughing at this thread

'Greed.

I'm sure Pards would say that his friend and the man he gave a job to is far better than the man who took his job at Southampton.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 29 Dec 2013 01:15

AirRaidSiren
Cureton's Volley

A good question was asked and you chose to ignore it. Who would you rather have in than Adkins? Since he is doing such a bad
job.

I mean, come on, you and a few others like to trap off about the new regime, but never give a constructive answer on who you would rather have. And please, it's a bit lightweight coming back saying 'any other' or 'the one we had', cause the latter isn't going to happen and the first is a simpletons answer. Go on...Who?

Fair enough. Maybe I am not constructive on here with my criticism, but thats not why I'm here - I'm a paying fan, not a paid management consultant.

I don't boo, shout for Adkins out, or stop screaming my (often overly tipsy and hence, embarassing) support for the club I love at matches. Except like many, I just happened to love what we were about that little bit more under BM.

However, I believe that as we come to realise the true extent of the AZ mess, we are left with just one answer for the forseeable future...

Nigel Adkins.

We've got enough instability already, and we can't afford to sack him anyway! So good luck to the bloke.

The turning point for Pog was when he was brutaly honest and got emotional about how much it meant to feel accepted by the Reading fans. I'm not saying Nige has to turn on the waterworks...

But a bullshit free press conference explaining wtf is going on at all levels in the club, admitting & taking responsibility for previous 'oversights', resetting realistic objectives for the 2nd half of the season instead of this 100 goals etc. nonsense - and then he'll be well on the road to winning me back over.

Do the right thing and the results will follow IMHO... but I would say that as a Brian fan. We move on :wink:

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 29 Dec 2013 02:40

Adkins interview on BBC radio Berkshire,he described us as 'being in a strong position to mount a challenge to win it' & then said that prospective new players would 'see Reading are up there again, keeping possession, playing good football and scoring loads of goals' and that this would make them want to join us. :lol:

Just what planet does this uttercunt live on?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 29 Dec 2013 10:18

Just what planet do you all live on?

What do you expect him to say?

Would you rather John Laurie gave the interviews?

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 29 Dec 2013 10:34

Big Foot Adkins interview on BBC radio Berkshire,he described us as 'being in a strong position to mount a challenge to win it' & then said that prospective new players would 'see Reading are up there again, keeping possession, playing good football and scoring loads of goals' and that this would make them want to join us. :lol:

Just what planet does this uttercunt live on?

Spot on from nigel. We are only a couple of players short from being able to play his style of Football more successfully. A ball playing CB and another left back, followed by a creative number 10(dorrans) and were laughing.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Dec 2013 11:58

Just to stoke the debate (I don't want Adkins out) I suggested Bruce as manager when BM got booted & was laughed at on here.

Yet again the guy is proving what a good manager he is. Would have had him here in a heartbeat.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 29 Dec 2013 14:14

Cureton's Volley
AirRaidSiren
Cureton's Volley As oppopposed to using Autism to explain why somebody else holds a different viewpoint to ones own?

job.

Fair enough. Maybe I am not constructive on here with my criticism, but thats not why I'm here - I'm a paying fan, not a paid management consultant.

I don't boo, shout for Adkins out, or stop screaming my (often overly tipsy and hence, embarassing) support for the club I love at matches. Except like many, I just happened to love what we were about that little bit more under BM.

However, I believe that as we come to realise the true extent of the AZ mess, we are left with just one answer for the forseeable future...

Nigel Adkins.

We've got enough instability already, and we can't afford to sack him anyway! So good luck to the bloke.

The turning point for Pog was when he was brutaly honest and got emotional about how much it meant to feel accepted by the Reading fans. I'm not saying Nige has to turn on the waterworks...

But a bullshit free press conference explaining wtf is going on at all levels in the club, admitting & taking responsibility for previous 'oversights', resetting realistic objectives for the 2nd half of the season instead of this 100 goals etc. nonsense - and then he'll be well on the road to winning me back over.

Do the right thing and the results will follow IMHO... but I would say that as a Brian fan. We move on :wink:

Fair comment.

But in all honesty, do you think he is saying these things in press conferences for the sake of himself, or maybe, just maybe, he can see the things behind the scenes going tits up and is trying to keep the motivation going in the squad, club and fans?

What would fans want him to say? "Well yes, we're playing crap football and the squad isn't good enough to implement what I'm trying to do here. There's so much negativity within the club, it's effecting everyone, there is now some negativity from the crowd. Things are looking doom and gloom, we should all slit our wrists, goodbye Reading FC, cause I'm takin' you oxf*rd down! Thank you, and can't wait for our next game, with a shitty injury crisis, a squad that can't pass like I want them too and its all Brian's fault, thank you again, CHING CHING!"

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 29 Dec 2013 17:12

Anyone calling for Adkins to be sacked is an utter oxf*rd, he still got pretty much the same squad he inherited from Brian, give the bloke at least 2 seasons

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Dec 2013 17:15

URZZZZZ Anyone calling for Adkins to be sacked is an utter oxf*rd, he still got pretty much the same squad he inherited from Brian, give the bloke at least 2 seasons

For crying out loud. fcuk off m8! nobody, even his biggest supporters, is in the mood right now.

Some good players for this level in this side.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 29 Dec 2013 17:20

URZZZZZ Anyone calling for Adkins to be sacked is an utter oxf*rd, he still got pretty much the same squad he inherited from Brian, give the bloke at least 2 seasons

nah, give him at least 10. He's shown so far he deserves it.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 29 Dec 2013 17:28

Lol are u forgetting that 95% of the team I what Brian had, so he can't really win either way

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 29 Dec 2013 17:29

As I said on another thread, I don't believe NA is the man for this club and I would shed no tears if he was sacked in the morning.

However, how many on here were calling for SSC to go after that horror Christmas on 03/04 before we first went up when we lost matches 3-0 on the bounce including at home V CPFC and Wimbledon, and didnt win from 6/12 until 17/1.

The saving grace was that SSC didnt spout the bollocks that NA does....

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 29 Dec 2013 17:37

We want Malky! He's our type of guy.
Get him in before another club snaps him up!
Get rid of the orange twat currently in charge and watch us shoot up the table
Malky Mackay in!!!!

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 29 Dec 2013 17:40

Adkins has 90 more minutes.
New Year's Day, Against Forest:
Lose: Adkins out!
Draw: Next game becomes must win.
Win: Safe for now

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 29 Dec 2013 17:42

marcusopp We want Malky! He's our type of guy.
Get him in before another club snaps him up!
Get rid of the orange twat currently in charge and watch us shoot up the table
Malky Mackay in!!!!

Would love to have Malky here but cant see him wanting to be at a shambles of a club like ours with the owner problems

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 29 Dec 2013 17:42

P!ssed Off Adkins has 90 more minutes.
New Year's Day, Against Forest:
Lose: Adkins out!
Draw: Next game becomes must win.
Win: Safe for now

The more you say it, the more it makes you sound just like an impatient child.

361 posts