FAO Pitch Invading twats

322 posts
TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: FAO Pitch Invading twats

by TBM » 17 Mar 2015 13:04

No Fixed Abode

Yeah but Villa did it before the game had ended - at least we waited until the full time whistle. Isn't that the difference

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 17 Mar 2015 13:12

bradfordbantam Missiles definitely aimed at the ref, turns out we throw like girls as not one hit him :D

Not being picky but there were plenty of bottles and coins being thrown at the Reading fans long after the Ref had disappeared.

harry Security has to share some of the blame for allowing it/not preventing it.
A whole line of riot Police in front of the away end for no obvious reason.
But only a handful of stewards in front of the entire East Stand to prevent a ton of people who were obviously intent on invading from about 3 mins to go.

The whole point of the Police was to contain the situation and not let the two sets of fans get to each other. It's a lot easier to do that with a line of Police across the short side of the ground with the away fans in than fight the losing battle of stopping Reading fans coming on from the other 2 or 3 sides of the ground.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 17 Mar 2015 13:47

TBM
No Fixed Abode

Yeah but Villa did it before the game had ended - at least we waited until the full time whistle. Isn't that the difference

It's an offence, as a spectator to enter the field of play at any time, unless instructed to do so by the ground safety supervisor.

Can you imagine the outcry if those scenes had happened with a higher profile club?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 17 Mar 2015 14:02

Problem is those scenes happen every year, at any club that achieves something historic.

For some reason this year they've decided to make a big deal of it.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Mar 2015 14:04

Bandini It seems a bit bizarre to complain about people invading the pitch when we've got the the semi final of the cup for the first time in living memory (Royal Lady aside). Everyone in the stands should also have gone onto the pitch as would have been the case at EP, rather than staying there like lemons.

No doubt you were one of the kids giving it large to the Bradford fans :roll:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Mar 2015 14:05

ZacNaloen Problem is those scenes happen every year, at any club that achieves something historic.

For some reason this year they've decided to make a big deal of it.

theres historic, and then theres Historic.
this was defo lower case history

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 17 Mar 2015 14:07

Obviously.

Capital H historic is the whole crowd on the pitch, not just the exuberant youth.

I.e promotion to premier league first time ever. Everyone was at it.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 17 Mar 2015 14:07

And last ever game at Elm Park

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Mar 2015 14:09

love them ones.
felt curmudgeonly last night, and therefore thought it was over the top and made us look a bit gay.
a proper club wouldn't celebrate getting to a semi like that.

but then...

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 17 Mar 2015 14:10

melonhead one is really hot and can start fires
one isn't really hot and cant

Clarify?

My extensive experience of flares and smoke grenades in the military is that both are significant Fire hazards.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 17 Mar 2015 14:11

Not the ones you can buy from Amazon.co.uk

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Mar 2015 14:14

West Stand Man
melonhead one is really hot and can start fires
one isn't really hot and cant

Clarify?

My extensive experience of flares and smoke grenades in the military is that both are significant Fire hazards.

lol at 'Clarify?'- sorry sargeant major
and also lol at 'My extensive experience of flares and smoke grenades in the military'

while not as extensive as your own experience I have held both, one seemed to burnhotter and more scarily that the other, though the smoke grenade that went off it my pocket once did get a bit warm eventually, ill grant you

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Mar 2015 14:18

andrew1957 I did not invade the pitch on Saturday - does that mean that I am definitely not a twat? Just wondered.

sometimes twats have to have a rest day...

leaving myself wide open...

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 17 Mar 2015 14:23

TBM
No Fixed Abode

One of us didn't

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Mar 2015 15:46

Kurtz Running onto the pitch to celebrate with your own players or run across to the tunnel or in front of the directors box? Understandable that some want to do this (even though beating a League One team doesn’t really warrant it - save it for promotions & silverware).

Running onto the pitch then standing like plonkers waving your arms at the Bradford fans who had made a great show of support for their team? An inspired achievement. Well done. #TheMagicoftheFAcup :roll:

Your assessment is absolutely spot on.

Not really that major achievement but if people really want to run towards the West Stand at the end of the game, OK.

But to head for the away support is ridiculous. Furthermore, I wonder how many of those 'brave' lads were actually present at Valley Parade and our home game v Brighton. Their actions have given the barstewards at the Daily Mail plenty of ammunition (they don't need a lot) to besmirch the reputation of our club and to make us out as something that couldn't really be further from the truth.

I hope the club do decide to try to identify those idiots who thought it would be big to go and taunt the Bradford fans, safe in the knowledge that they themselves were protected by a line of police, and take action against them.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 17 Mar 2015 16:06

nearly a year to the day this was published

biff

by biff » 17 Mar 2015 18:12

Sir john, the man paying any FA fine, didn't give a sh1t on Meridian just now. So you shouldn't. Up the Rz.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Mar 2015 18:43

biff Sir john, the man paying any FA fine, didn't give a sh1t on Meridian just now. So you shouldn't. Up the Rz.

Except he wouldn't pay the fine, the Thais would. SJM doesn't own the club.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 17 Mar 2015 19:14

I didn't see a problem with it. Although I did see a steward trying to nail a fan that ran on just it cut back to the studio on TV last night. Seeing as there were already hundreds of people on the pitch, I thought that was pretty pathetic.

Visitor

by Visitor » 17 Mar 2015 21:52

Just visiting here. I was at the game last night in the away end. Couple of absolute idiots in our end throwing bottles, etc and then the alleged racist language: both pathetic and rightly criticised by vast majority of our fans.

I do hope that Reading FC and their fans do identify and prosecute that prat who hurled the flare towards our fans. You could say it was something and nothing, but many of us there have very good reason to be very upset about it. I also hope you can identify the so-called fan who is caught on video appearing to pat out an imaginary burning scalp/hair. That I find totally offensive and has made me at one stage angry and at another very upset today. Thank God that prat has not had to suffer like so many have. I have also had it reported that lighters were lit and pointed at our end during those scenes at the end, although I did not see it myself.

I am not for one minute saying we don't have our fair share of prats, we saw last night, and not for the first time that we do. I also would like to say that fast majority of Reading fans I met were brilliant.

You don't need those kinds of 'fans' do you?

322 posts