Last Chance For Lita?

366 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Dec 2007 10:56

brendywendy attacking someones feeble repetoire of playground insults is a playground insult, just with posh words

Verrrry profound I'm sure. :lol:

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 13 Dec 2007 11:00

Vision
Uke
Coppell did not like the Gout

I'm not surprised, its oxf*rd painful.

:)

Here's a picture of Leroy's last night out...

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 Dec 2007 11:33

Royal Rother
brendywendy attacking someones feeble repetoire of playground insults is a playground insult, just with posh words

Verrrry profound I'm sure. :lol:

that sir
is as profound as i get!

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 13 Dec 2007 12:09

WITHOUT having my head bitten off what has LL done this time to spark the debate?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Dec 2007 12:31

I really can't remember.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 13 Dec 2007 12:46

Nothing that doesn't go on in every town in every country. every weekend and certainly nothing that a number of his teammates haven't pulled on occasions.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Dec 2007 12:50

Vision Nothing that doesn't go on in every town in every country. every weekend and certainly nothing that a number of his teammates haven't pulled on occasions.

True, but don't you think that people in the public eye, paid large amounts to represent an organisation, have an extra responsibility to act as role models?

And yes, other players have had transgressions, but none have had more than one and they all seem to have learnt their lesson as a result - for me that's the big difference with LL. Anyone can act like a dick occasionally, but with LL it seems to be a way of life, not an occasional blemish. And he never seems to learn from the experience.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 13 Dec 2007 13:04

Dirk Gently
Vision Nothing that doesn't go on in every town in every country. every weekend and certainly nothing that a number of his teammates haven't pulled on occasions.

True, but don't you think that people in the public eye, paid large amounts to represent an organisation, have an extra responsibility to act as role models?

And yes, other players have had transgressions, but none have had more than one and they all seem to have learnt their lesson as a result - for me that's the big difference with LL. Anyone can act like a dick occasionally, but with LL it seems to be a way of life, not an occasional blemish. And he never seems to learn from the experience.

Except on this occasion its an alledged transgression reported by the Daily Mail with a nightclub bouncer as principal witness and certainly not worthy of restarting the whole debate all over again. He's made a rod for his own back of course with his previous misdemeanours (although once again i believe they grossly exaggerated) but do you really think this latest incident is worthy of the level of response its got.

Reading footballer Leroy Lita got the red card from Regent Street club Paper on Saturday night after his post-match celebrations got a bit over the top.

Lita went to the top London nightspot with a couple of friends and fellow players to celebrate his team's 3-1 defeat of Liverpool.

But their party antics got a bit too boisterous for the club's liking and Lita was asked to leave by security staff late on.

A disgruntled Leroy then played the celebrity card by asking staff: "Don't you know who I am?"

To which the bouncer replied: "Yes, we know exactly who you are and you are still leaving."

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Dec 2007 13:15

Perhaps we should run potential subjects for discussion about RFC past Vision before we start exchanging views in future.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 13 Dec 2007 13:28

Royal Rother Perhaps we should run potential subjects for discussion about RFC past Vision before we start exchanging views in future.

And now you're responding in exactly the way that you accuse others of. Very mature.

What you and others choose to discuss is no business of mine (and at no stage have i ever said you shouldn't) but in response to a question that was asked i gave my opinion. If you think that the "incident" above is worthy of several pages of moralising about Lita then fair play. I for one think its a total non-issue.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 13 Dec 2007 13:35

I'm glad I asked now, basically he has done nothing, I'm really pleased that I did not waste my time reading the garbage written.

Does anyone know who the other players involved were?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Dec 2007 13:35

Vision
Royal Rother Perhaps we should run potential subjects for discussion about RFC past Vision before we start exchanging views in future.

And now you're responding in exactly the way that you accuse others of. Very mature.

What you and others choose to discuss is no business of mine (and at no stage have i ever said you shouldn't) but in response to a question that was asked i gave my opinion. If you think that the "incident" above is worthy of several pages of moralising about Lita then fair play. I for one think its a total non-issue.

Well that makes at least two of us!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Dec 2007 13:45

RoyalBlue
Vision

Well that makes at least two of us!

I think everyone would agree that this is a non-issue. The problem is that there seems to be lots and lots of non-issues all following the same person.

Either he's been marked out as a target by journos (in which case you have to wonder why) or there is something about him that make all these non-issues seem to be attracted to him and no-one else in the squad.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 13 Dec 2007 13:49

He's a wannabee gangster so bad news just follows in his path.
If we can get a better replacement then I would not be dissapointed to see him leave.

Seems to me Coppell is fed up with his off the field antics & is looking to move on.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 13 Dec 2007 13:52

West Stand Flash He's a wannabee gangster so bad news just follows in his path.
If we can get a better replacement then I would not be dissapointed to see him leave.

Seems to me Coppell is fed up with his off the field antics & is looking to move on.

if we get 5 million for this troublemaker i'd laugh all the way to the bank but by then Lita would probably have already beaten me to it and stolen back his transfer fee, blamed it on one of his entourage and pulled a minger bank teller

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 13 Dec 2007 13:52

3 Million tops.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 13 Dec 2007 13:55

LOL.. Trouble maker? LOL, LOL, LOL

royal madrid

by royal madrid » 13 Dec 2007 14:00

Hello.

I too went to a top London night spot after having already consumed far more than was good for me on Saturday. I then proceeded to jump up and down, sweat in an unbecoming manner, behave with lecherous intent (don't tell Mrs. Madrid) toward EVERY SINGLE WOMAN THERE and then stumbled back home only to vomit quite graphically prior to the sophorific clink clink of the cocoa spoon or indeed the ding ding seconds out of boxing. Does this mean that I am a bad example to younger Reading fans? If so, where should I go to hang my head in shame? Does anybody possess an HD mirror so that I can take a 'long hard look' at myself?

Bemused

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 13 Dec 2007 14:04

I would just kill yourself now and get it over and done with, before the self-righteous intellectual elite get hold of you...

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 13 Dec 2007 14:04

West Stand Flash He's a wannabee gangster so bad news just follows in his path.

Wannabee gangster LOL

366 posts