LITA GONE OUT ON LOAN

407 posts
M U R T Y

Re: LITA GONE OUT ON LOAN

by M U R T Y » 05 Mar 2008 20:13

not sure if this has been posted already - i feel the same really - Leroy has not really had much of a chance this season, for whatever reason...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3243943,00.html

Beelzebub

by Beelzebub » 05 Mar 2008 20:14

Does it involve who the bird was in Litas video?

Not another players wife?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 Mar 2008 20:16

Beelzebub
OzBiscuit2004
Beelzebub In a tight knit squad like ours it only takes one bad apple to upset the cart, and that could be the reason he has been sent away- has anyone concidered that?

Yes, Royal Rother has already used the apple analogy.

Then we are in agreement. I did not meen to copy him, I did not see his post as i find it hard to read a post when there is a picture looking right up a blokes nose next to it!

Maybe I'll change it soon - I wouldn't want anyone to be put off reading my intelligent and incisive posts by my nasal passge! :lol:

Oh and RoyalBlue, 23 and counting.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 05 Mar 2008 20:18

Volvicanus Thank God is all I can say.

Lita will do very well in the Championship (which BTW will not prove that he would have done well at Reading ever again - let's just get that out of the way).

In which case there is a good chance Reading will need to hold onto him for next season. I would be amazed if Reading went down and he was sold off to another Championship club TBH.

He will do well at Charlton IMO. Very well over the next month

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 Mar 2008 20:18

We shall see.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 05 Mar 2008 20:24

2 world wars, 1 world cup Only thing I can think of we must be getting someone better on loan (is this possible??) :?:

Well it would appear that Nugent is available - Pompey gave Ipswich the go-ahead to talk to him this week but he snubbed them. Maybe there's something else going on? Personally I think we'd better get used to 3 strikers till the Summer, when we will of course break the bank on a top striker :wink:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 05 Mar 2008 20:24

Maybe Lita has gone out on loan to get match fitness....... how reserve football can be compared at first team action in the premiership is beyond me.

Secondly Simon Cox has a great future but as someone who has seen him play regularly he isnt premiership standard yet.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 05 Mar 2008 20:32

Lots of people seem to have made the assumption that this loan means a permanent transfer - to Charlton or somewhere else. Why?

I don't think that's necessarily a sound assumption, and there's nothing concrete to base that idea on. Never mind all the conspiracy theories, it might just be that he's gone away on loan to play in 4 matches at a reasonable level to gain match fitness and - more importantly - sharpness.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 05 Mar 2008 20:37

I'm gutted, because I truly think Lita is our best striker and I reckon he could help us stay up. However, that Sky Sports interview just shows what his problem is......"I let my football do the talking and I don't point the finger" etc....so why the need to say all of that to SSN? Why moan, if you don't moan Leroy? I'm backing SSC on this one!!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Mar 2008 20:40

Dirk Gently Lots of people seem to have made the assumption that this loan means a permanent transfer - to Charlton or somewhere else. Why?

I don't think that's necessarily a sound assumption, and there's nothing concrete to base that idea on. Never mind all the conspiracy theories, it might just be that he's gone away on loan to play in 4 matches at a reasonable level to gain match fitness and - more importantly - sharpness.

In the meantime leaving our paper thin, blank firing, forward line, even further exposed to injury and/or suspension for 4 critical games (I think I'm right in saying you can't recall a player from loan in the first month, with the exception, perhaps of a keeper)!

Match fitness and sharpness should have been gained before we got to this point.

Who really gives a flying f at this point whether Lita does or does not get moved on at the end of the season. It is what happens now that is important. Coppell has often talked of needing 4 good strikers. He then used the fact that he had those 4 strikers (of which Lita was one) as justification for letting Cox go and now he gets rid of Lita!! And people say we shouldn't question his wisdom?!!

Kitsondinho I'm gutted, because I truly think Lita is our best striker and I reckon he could help us stay up. However, that Sky Sports interview just shows what his problem is......"I let my football do the talking and I don't point the finger" etc....so why the need to say all of that to SSN? Why moan, if you don't moan Leroy? I'm backing SSC on this one!!

Was he really moaning? And even if he was, perhaps he was entitled to. He wanted to let his football do the talking but he with the slipping halo was determined not to listen.

Anyway, if SSN want an interview what is a player supposed to do/say? If he hadn't said anything at all it would have been used as evidence of his moodiness/arrogance.

rotherwick_royal
2 world wars, 1 world cup Only thing I can think of we must be getting someone better on loan (is this possible??) :?:

Well it would appear that Nugent is available - Pompey gave Ipswich the go-ahead to talk to him this week but he snubbed them. Maybe there's something else going on? Personally I think we'd better get used to 3 strikers till the Summer, when we will of course break the bank on a top striker :wink:

According to yesterday's reports, it had nothing to do with Nugent snubbing them. Ipswich pulled out because he is still carrying an injury and Portsmouth indicated that it would be a bit longer before he recovered.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 05 Mar 2008 20:54

RoyalBlue
rotherwick_royal

According to yesterday's reports, it had nothing to do with Nugent snubbing them. Ipswich pulled out because he is still carrying an injury and Portsmouth indicated that it would be a bit longer before he recovered.

Not what this says...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 33,00.html

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 05 Mar 2008 21:05

Dirk Gently Lots of people seem to have made the assumption that this loan means a permanent transfer - to Charlton or somewhere else. Why?

It might not lead to a move away, but it would seem likely that if we're loaning a player out at this stage of the season then something must be up, and that it's likely that there will some movement in the summer.

Who knows, it might not be Lita that moves on in the summer, it could be the manager or the other player(s) that there are issues with.

Like you say Dirk, without all the facts and details it's impossible to really know so we have to read between the lines. On this situation it'd be a very odd move to loan out a player when the other options in his position are proving a tad ineffectual at a crucial point in the season, so reading between the lines you have to think something significant has gone on behind the scenes.

Cookie

Re: LITA GONJE OUT ON LOAN

by Cookie » 05 Mar 2008 21:10

Vision Its a baffling, bizarre and frankly worrying decision but where has all this nonsense about Coppell being "selfish" and doing it for his "personal" reasons come from.

You'd have to be totally blinkered to think that a decision like this isn't going to earn you a huge amount of stick. The "selfish" thing would be to continue playing Lita in the reserves not ship him out on a months loan so everyone can join a queue to hammer you.

If things have really broken down between Lita and Coppell (and no-one really knows for sure ) then rather than let things continue to fester , giving Lita a month away from the situation might just see him return with a different outlook for the final 6 games of the season. Its not just about Lita, its about the effect his alledged disaffection might have on the the other 20 players who are vital to our survival.

Dont get me wrong, i'm as perturbed by the decision as anyone but surely people don't honestly believe its done for any other reason than Coppell thinks its the best thing for the whole squad.

Good post.
I was worried about his attitude during the Bolton match.
His failure to concentrate contributed to their first goal at a time in the game when our tails should have been up, following the penalty save.
There's more to this than meets the eye, you mark my words, the cows will come home to roost. :roll:

Richi Royal

by Richi Royal » 05 Mar 2008 21:11

In the interview amongst some of the rubbish lita was spouting about not critisising, while doing the exact thing on SSN and how he is a nice guy etc, he high-lighted exactly what is wrong with the club at the moment.

- he has not been given a chance - he is the most high profile, but many players this season are in a similar situation, Bikey, Rosenior, Henry, Cox, De la, Federici are all players who have watched continually the player playing in their position playing cr@p but are not even given a chance to impress

-individual critism of lita- as much as i think like is a tw*t, he is spot on here, it was bang out of order for Coppell to continually critise Lita publically.

- Not given time - Watching this season no players out side coppell favorite players have had an extended run of games to establish themselves, they are put in then the other player comes back and they are taken out. Lita is a great example of this, but Bikey, Fae and De la are to other examples of player who have come in for a few games and are then taken out. If in their brief appearence they put in a less than 8 put of 10 performance they are instantly replaced, while the other players are allowed a string of 4-6 out of 10 performances and are allowed the excuse...they need time to get into rythem

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: LITA GONJE OUT ON LOAN

by Millsy » 05 Mar 2008 21:15

Vision Its a baffling, bizarre and frankly worrying decision but where has all this nonsense about Coppell being "selfish" and doing it for his "personal" reasons come from.

You'd have to be totally blinkered to think that a decision like this isn't going to earn you a huge amount of stick. The "selfish" thing would be to continue playing Lita in the reserves not ship him out on a months loan so everyone can join a queue to hammer you.

If things have really broken down between Lita and Coppell (and no-one really knows for sure ) then rather than let things continue to fester , giving Lita a month away from the situation might just see him return with a different outlook for the final 6 games of the season. Its not just about Lita, its about the effect his alledged disaffection might have on the the other 20 players who are vital to our survival.

Dont get me wrong, i'm as perturbed by the decision as anyone but surely people don't honestly believe its done for any other reason than Coppell thinks its the best thing for the whole squad.

Top post.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 05 Mar 2008 21:26

Don't see why Coppell has let him tbh. Our strikers havn't been scoring in recent weeks so surely he should be coming into the team.

Cookie

by Cookie » 05 Mar 2008 21:31

fozziebear

by fozziebear » 05 Mar 2008 21:35

Kitson and Doyle now have no competition for their places in the team,with long only a super sub we really are going to hope that our strikers start scoring soon.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 05 Mar 2008 21:36

Maybe it's time for Seol to take his chance.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Mar 2008 21:38

there are options, they just arn't ideal.

Hunt upfront with Convey on the wing, Kebe upfront with Convey on a wing. Bozanic coming into the wing area to free up Hunt or Kebe. Coppell deciding to change to one upfront with a more attacking aggressive midifeld.

407 posts