Matt Mills

708 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Matt Mills

by winchester_royal » 17 Mar 2010 14:24

SpaceCruiser Wycombe - it's that simple, if you don't like swearing ( :roll: Christ Almighty) then I suggest you go and sit with the other boring people in the section for family (I'm guessing this is in the Lower West Stand).

Boring? :|

Oh, you must mean because they don't all stand and swear at our best player all match......

I know a few people who sit in the Lower West, and I'll guarantee that they are a damn sight more interesting than some of the utter tossers you'll find in Y26.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 17 Mar 2010 14:28

Plenty of foul mouths in coporate hospitality...

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2010 14:28

royal goof
brendywendy
More importantly perhaps we support the players - sing their name etc etc, which is showing much much much more support than the other two stands of the ground who show their appreciation by sitting in silence. You slag us for booing Kebe ( i never boo our players, apart from mills when he gave the finger) but do you praise us for singing his name? No. Its easier to critise.

th eeast stand were particularly loud last night, and contributed to the atmosphere greatly. thankyou.
but that doesnt stop the fact that the east stand is where the boos and abuse come from for any of our players - be it hughes, seol, long, kebe, and now mills.
and that i still think booing your own players for whatever reason is idiotic and totally counterproductive

The East Stand is the only place any noise comes from. I actually thought most of the people in the other stands were dead, until I logged onto this today!

typical east stand nonsense.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2010 14:35

M U R T Y
M U R T Y yes there is - if you call someone a bufoon, you are basically calling them a fool, if you call someone a sh*t-bag, you are calling them a bag of sh*t :roll:

:roll: :roll: :roll:
brendywendy i didnt say they meant the same thing dopey, just that there is no real reason why one should be more taboo, or insulting that the other.
its just an arbitrary choice by society to call some words "bad" and some ok

Maybe you should have used words that actually mean the same thing then - for example tw*t and vagina. Dopey indeed :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

you big joey :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
i didnt need to use words that meant the same. my point is about words that become tabboo or swearwords
nowt to do with what they actually mean.

idiot, buffoon, tw@t, nobhead, fool , bum face, nobchops, twatnob, egghead, wazzock. pillock,
theyre all just words, and there is no logical reason why i can say one in public, but not the others

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 17 Mar 2010 14:35

Wycombe Royal
SpaceCruiser Wycombe - it's that simple, if you don't like swearing ( :roll: Christ Almighty) then I suggest you go and sit with the other boring people in the section for family (I'm guessing this is in the Lower West Stand).

You obviously didn't see my previous response (at the bottom of the previous page) and you obviously aren't aware on the rules for moving ST's.

And anyway why should I have to move just because of ONE vile individual?

The real question is why didn't you get a ST in the family section in the first place?

bigshaka'away'

by bigshaka'away' » 17 Mar 2010 14:38

winchester_royal

Oh, you must mean because they don't all stand and swear at our best player all match......

I know a few people who sit in the Lower West, and I'll guarantee that they are a damn sight more interesting than some of the utter tossers you'll find in Y26.

Thanks for calling me a tosser....I wish you would use these anger and passion when you are at a game and support the team with a song and a chant, rather than sit on your hands and slag off other people on the internet. You are the worst kind of modern football fan.

Starry Blue Hooped Wonder

by Starry Blue Hooped Wonder » 17 Mar 2010 14:40

Anyway, back to topic (and lifes too short to read the last 15 pages of this thread).

How have the Hob-Nob jury voted?
- Regrettable incident in the heat of the moment which will be forgotten in 2 weeks time?
- Totally out of order and will be the target of some 'motivational booing' for the rest of the season?

In my view it's just a heat of the moment thing and will hopefully end up being a storm in a teacup.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2010 14:42

he didnt call you a tosser you tosser.
he just saidf there will be some tossers there

and LOL at the east stand thinking they are the only ones who sing or make any noise.
i was noisy enough for 3 people last night, and am every week.
as are many around me.

bigshaka'away'

by bigshaka'away' » 17 Mar 2010 14:46

brendywendy he didnt call you a tosser you tosser.

and LOL at the east stand thinking they are the only ones who sing or make any noise.
as are many around me.

actually he did, and like Matt Mills, im very very offended. And im not having a go at you Wendy, im sure you do, but lets face it, the East stand is the only stand that makes any prolonged noise that doesnt involve the beating of a drum or rather feminine hand claps (excepted in your case!) when we get a corner...

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Mar 2010 14:47

SpaceCruiser
Wycombe Royal

You obviously didn't see my previous response (at the bottom of the previous page) and you obviously aren't aware on the rules for moving ST's.

The real question is why didn't you get a ST in the family section in the first place?

No that is not the real question, but I will indulge you anyway.

Because I go with four other people and I have been in the same seat since the stadium opened. My daughter only comes to occasional matches. I like view from where I sit and I get on well with some of the people around where we sit.

The real question, which you avoided answering by asking a question of your own, is why should I have to move because of one vile individual.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 17 Mar 2010 14:51

bigshaka'away' I wish you would use these anger and passion when you are at a game and support the team with a song and a chant, rather than sit on your hands and slag off other people on the internet. You are the worst kind of modern football fan.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 17 Mar 2010 14:58

Wycombe Royal
SpaceCruiser
Wycombe Royal You obviously didn't see my previous response (at the bottom of the previous page) and you obviously aren't aware on the rules for moving ST's.

Because I go with four other people and I have been in the same seat since the stadium opened. My daughter only comes to occasional matches. I like view from where I sit and I get on well with some of the people around where we sit.

The real question, which you avoided answering by asking a question of your own, is why should I have to move because of one vile individual.

Sorry, I don't know the specifics of what this "vile individual" has said and, no, you shouldn't have to move cos of him. However, I was thinking in more general terms because you will get the occasional swearword at a football game - can't avoid it really - and your attitude seems to be, what's the word for fussy people who don't like swearing?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2010 15:01

bigshaka'away'
brendywendy he didnt call you a tosser you tosser.

as are many around me.

actually he did, and like Matt Mills, im very very offended. And im not having a go at you Wendy, im sure you do, but lets face it, the East stand is the only stand that makes any prolonged noise that doesnt involve the beating of a drum or rather feminine hand claps (excepted in your case!) when we get a corner...

they are a damn sight more interesting than some of the utter tossers you'll find in Y26.

Thanks for calling me a tosser

of course, i only sing songs for one verse, and am not averse to a little synchrinised hand clapping either
though mostly where i sit we abuse said drummer

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Mar 2010 15:03

SpaceCruiser
Wycombe Royal
SpaceCruiser The real question is why didn't you get a ST in the family section in the first place?

Sorry, I don't know the specifics of what this "vile individual" has said and, no, you shouldn't have to move cos of him. However, I was thinking in more general terms because you will get the occasional swearword at a football game - can't avoid it really - and your attitude seems to be, what's the word for fussy people who don't like swearing?

Wycombe Royal earlier in the thread I'm not talking about the odd occasion (like RL admits to), I am talking about an individual who uses foul and abusive language for an entire match. There is no need for it and he has been warned before (and also for making racist comments).

Look Spacey, if youwant to join a discussion in the middle at least find out what has been said previously.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 17 Mar 2010 15:04

bigshaka'away'
winchester_royal

Thanks for calling me a tosser....I wish you would use these anger and passion when you are at a game and support the team with a song and a chant, rather than sit on your hands and slag off other people on the internet. You are the worst kind of modern football fan.

Umm, I didn't call you a tosser unless you are one of those who tend to spend the whole game slagging off the players rather than 'supporting' the team.

Also, I don't sit in the LW personally but I know people who do and I object to this view of them being 'boring' just because they don't shout expletives at the top of their voice. :roll:

As for 'worst kind of modern football fan', just fcuk off. The worst kind of modern football fan is those who are so unbelievably fickle that they will moan and groan at a player who has played a significant part in our best run for many months.

Reading Til I Die
Location: Anywhere there's a cold pint with a voluptuous barmaid!

by Reading Til I Die » 17 Mar 2010 15:15

In my child-like Summary:

Matt Mills - Good (Normally)
Matt Mills Passing to Kebe - Bad
Flipping The Bird(?) - Bad
Booing - Bad
Clapping After Booing - Good
Not Celebrating The Goal - Bad
Running Off the Pitch and Shoving RFC Employee - Bad
Full-Time Result - Good

Bad outweighs the good so Mills should issue an apology.

Back to Pre-school I go......

yappy

by yappy » 17 Mar 2010 15:19

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1996630,00.html

A deeply disappointed Matt Mills has apologised for his behaviour toward the end of Tuesday evening's 1-0 win over Queens Park Rangers.

This morning he wanted to apologise after what he called 'the worst experience of my career so far.'

Click here for a full video interview with Matt.

He said, "There are no excuses for what I did and I'm sorry for my reaction. I was out of order.

"I didn't sleep last night, nothing like that has happened to me before, and I was wrong. I've been around the game long enough to know that shouldn't happen.

"The manager has spoken to me and told me it was unacceptable - which I agree with and I knew that straight away after the final whistle. He was brilliant with me after the game - he said all the right things, and this morning he's really clamped down on it. It won't happen again.

"I feel like I've let a lot of people down - Brian especially. He was the person who put me in the team and gave me a run of games. He was the one who gave me the captain's armband, which was a massive goal of mine when I joined Reading. Now, the only way I can repay him is to keep performing for him."

Mills wanted to directly apologise to the supporters and also thank them for all the encouragement they have given him and his teammates so far this season.

The 23-year-old said, "99.999% of the fans were great last night, but there was one moment in the game when the frustration that was building amongst the fans and in myself came together. I've been a fan, watching games like that - when it's 0-0 and a team is down to ten men - and everybody really wants that goal. I was no different last night.

"And if we want to get to where we want to get, I know we need our fans. They have been great with me since I arrived here and it makes such a huge difference when they are on our side. The boys have put a number of good performances in back to back and, although I don't know the figures, it feels like the attendances have grown because the atmosphere certainly has.

"Like any player, I like to be liked. I play with my heart on my sleeve and I always guarantee 110%. I'll always put my body on the line to get the three points - because no-one wants to win more than me. But I know now that I have to prove myself all over again with the fans. Hopefully, I'll be able to win them back.

"It was no disrespect to those who were singing my name when I went straight in after the final whistle. It was just a time when I wanted be by myself.

"The badge on your shirt and the team you play for is what matters. It's a massive honour to represent Reading and to react how I did doesn't put myself nor the club in a good light.

"So I just want to apologise to the fans, the club and everybody here."

Manager Brian McDermott said, "Everybody at the club understands who pays our wages and gives us the support we so value.

"Matt is deeply disappointed but at the same time, I'm sure the fans appreciate that he is a young guy. What he did was unacceptable but it happened in the heat of the moment and was borne out of the frustration of trying to get that winning goal.

"I am sure the fans won't lose track of the fact that Matt has played a massive role in our recent great run.

"Here at Reading we pride ourselves on our professional manner, both on and off the pitch. We have taken discplinary measures and Matt is fully accepting of mine and the club's position. Now we move forward."

The club recognise that the supporters' contribution this season has been immense, and together you have helped Brian McDermott and his side produce a fantastic run of results in recent weeks. We celebrated our eighth win from nine league games on Tuesday night, so we believe every one of the players who represent this club deserve your continued support at all times.

Apology made, time to move on.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 17 Mar 2010 15:21

Fair play to Mills, time to move on.

bigshaka'away'

by bigshaka'away' » 17 Mar 2010 15:22

Uke
bigshaka'away' I wish you would use these anger and passion when you are at a game and support the team with a song and a chant, rather than sit on your hands and slag off other people on the internet. You are the worst kind of modern football fan.

not really ironic as i dont sit on my hands at the game, but do slag off other people on the internet. For it to be ironic both would have had to be the case. :)

Blue Hooped Moose
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Blue Hooped Moose » 17 Mar 2010 15:23

Not quite time to move on - surely we need to pick a new target to boo next game now? Perhaps we should have a pop at Bertrand - he's had it well cushy since he got here :)

708 posts