Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8685 posts
SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Buyout

by SPARTA » 17 Mar 2014 12:34

Norfolk Royal
Royal Lady The £20 million can't be for the whole club - is it just SJM's share we're talking about here? :|

Yes, the agreement with Anton as I understood it was £25-million for 51 per cent. That would mean that £20-million would be for SJM's share alone.

Hmm, is that correct? It's been printed elsewhere that it was £25m all in, something like £13M for the 51% and then £12m for the 49%. No way is this club worth now, or even in 2012, upwards of £50m.

Edit:

This is the interview with AZ - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... evich.html

"Within days, Zingarevich and Madejski had struck an outline deal for the Russian to buy 51 per cent of the club for £12.7m, with a firm commitment to buy the other 49 per cent for £12.3m"
Last edited by SPARTA on 17 Mar 2014 12:39, edited 1 time in total.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Mar 2014 12:39

So how does Anton manage to still own 51% when he's only paid for half of that.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 17 Mar 2014 12:40

PieEater S0 how does Anton manage to still own 51% when he's only paid for half of that.

He paid £12.7m for the £51% up front didn't he? He just hasn't met the other agreed amount to secure 100%.
Last edited by SPARTA on 17 Mar 2014 12:41, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Mar 2014 12:40

PieEater So how does Anton manage to still own 51% when he's only paid for half of that.

huh? no he paid for all the 51% but reneged on buying SJM's 49% - so he DOES own 51%

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 17 Mar 2014 12:42

So £20m sounds bang on based on the previous agreement. (SJM also picked up a £5m bonus for promotion)

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Mar 2014 12:48

Just sounds cheap to me and £63million if we're promoted? They'll be paying the £20 million then.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 Mar 2014 12:58

http://tr.eurosport.com/futbol/ingilter ... tory.shtml

A giant rivals Galatasaray giant deal !

In Championship , struggling for promotion to the Premier League Reading a portion or all of the shares purchased was proposed to Galatasaray .

Last year, the club where his brother to purchase English Reading Club offers where Galatasaray Island in the press last week and both had found the place in Turkey . In Championship , struggling for promotion to the Premier League Reading a portion or all of the shares purchased was proposed to Galatasaray . If the allegations raised today confirms that this process was continued .

News, the team's chief executive Nigel Howe and director Chris Samuelson came to Turkey last month of the lunar Unal also took place with the knowledge that opinion .

Uruguayan businessmen also aspire
Uruguayan businessman Richard Iribarnia also interested in Reading and has recently claimed that a bid . Peru Atletico Grau's struggling in the League , which also owns Iribarnia closely involved with the British team said.

Expanding bilateral agreements
Clubs in England have a lot of real estate and a hotel . Sir John Madejski , the 51 percent stake of the club in 2002, Russian businessman Anton Zingarevich had taken from the 28 million pounds .

As is known, Galatasaray , the British team Reading FC and the sister club agreement had done last year . Agreement on cooperation in areas such as infrastructure and includes friendlies .

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 Mar 2014 13:00

http://skorer.milliyet.com.tr/galatasar ... efault.htm

Reading Club for Galatasaray giant competitors

In Championship, struggling for promotion to the Premier League Reading a portion or all of the shares purchased was proposed to Galatasaray.

Last year, the club where his brother to purchase English Reading Club offers where Galatasaray Island in the press last week and both had found the place in Turkey. In Championship, struggling for promotion to the Premier League Reading a portion or all of the shares purchased was proposed to Galatasaray. If the allegations raised today confirms that this process was continued.

News, the team's chief executive Nigel Howe and director Chris Samuelson came to Turkey last month of the lunar Unal also took place with the knowledge that opinion.

Uruguayan businessmen also aspire

Uruguayan businessman Richard Iribarnia also interested in Reading and has recently claimed that a bid. Peru Atletico Grau's struggling in the League, which also owns Iribarnia closely involved with the British team said.

Expanding bilateral agreements

Clubs in England have a lot of real estate and a hotel. Sir John Madejski, the 51 percent stake of the club in 2002, Russian businessman Anton Zingarevich had taken from the 28 million pounds.

As is known, Galatasaray, the British team Reading FC and the sister club agreement had done last year. Agreement on cooperation in areas such as infrastructure and includes friendlies.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Mar 2014 13:06

I thought the hotel was separate from the football club? £20 million for the hotel and the club is a bargain then. If I win the euromillions, I'll offer them £25 million for both.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 17 Mar 2014 13:17

Royal Lady I thought the hotel was separate from the football club? £20 million for the hotel and the club is a bargain then. If I win the euromillions, I'll offer them £25 million for both.

It is and has also been on the market since last summer. It's supposed to have been making a loss, so it's not surprising it doesn't carry a great of value.
Last edited by SPARTA on 17 Mar 2014 13:21, edited 2 times in total.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 17 Mar 2014 13:18

We're gonna get Maradona as manager :o 8)

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 17 Mar 2014 13:22

Not sure Gala have the finances to take on another loss making club [url]http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/galatasaray-‘teetering-on-the-edge-of-bankruptcy’[/url]

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 Mar 2014 13:28

The Quiet Man Not sure Gala have the finances to take on another loss making club [url]http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/galatasaray-‘teetering-on-the-edge-of-bankruptcy’[/url]

Galatasaray lost €15m in the year ending May 2012 and since then the club have spent heavily. However, the Champions League success will bring in something around €27m this season. With the addition to the extra games and commercial revenue, all things being equal, it is possible that the club might report a modest profit this campaign (though analysis of the accounts would be required to really understand the position). The other thing to point out is the negative equity in the club. The spending looks to be fuelled by debt and the shareholders equity is a huge negative figure (-€107m). There is clearly a need for cash injection into the club and from 2012/13 the permitted loss under FFP rules average just €10m a season. Clearly Galatasaray have club set-up that would easily exceed €10m loss without a Champions League campaign.

So, Galatasaray’s model might just work long-term provided they continue to enjoy Champions League success every season and also get a much-needed injection of capital into the club. It seems a rather precarious existence and we should be mindful of Leeds, who had a spectacular financial collapse when they failed to qualify for the Champions League. Only the Turkish champions are guaranteed a place in the lucrative group stages and the club should be mindful that that they failed to qualify as recently as 2011.

They pretty much have unlimited money availale from Turkish banks, they'll never get money recalled, plus they are a PLC with shareholders. Last time they needed money they just made more shares available, albeit devaluing the value of existing shares.

FWIW - the shared scouting hasn't done us that badly. A feeder club of Galatasaray since October 2012 has been Alania Vladikavkaz. Via them we found out about the relegation release clause in his contract.....

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Mar 2014 13:42

I've bought a bucket from B&Q for you all to throw your loose change into next season when the club brings the Administrators in.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 17 Mar 2014 14:47

This does sound like a shambles in the making!

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 Mar 2014 15:11

floyd__streete I've bought a bucket from B&Q for you all to throw your loose change into next season when the club brings the Administrators in.

"There's a hole in your bucket, dear Floydie, dear Floydie...

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 17 Mar 2014 15:38

No activity to report yet.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 17 Mar 2014 16:11

I'm hearing a deal is nearly done with an Italian consortium.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 Mar 2014 16:14

No Fixed Abode I'm hearing a deal is nearly done with an Italian consortium.

I'm hearing your club owner is having his assets frozen...

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 17 Mar 2014 16:16

maffff
No Fixed Abode I'm hearing a deal is nearly done with an Italian consortium.

I'm hearing your club owner is having his assets frozen...

Keep on topic.

8685 posts