How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by Ian Royal » 27 Feb 2013 11:43

sandman No he didn't. He gave you the reason for Pearce not being involved on Saturday and you just don't like it because Alex is a fans favourite so you put two and two together and come up with five. Do you ever think that maybe Pearce was dropped on Saturday because he did get done too easily for the goals at Stoke? Or that Morrison came in because he did have a good game at Old Trafford? Before Morrison got injured at Southampton he was being praised as the one bright spot of our season now because he's made a couple of errors he's only in the team because of Pearce's contract. What an insult to the guy.

The attitude some of you have shown towards Brian this season is nothing short of shameful. So many on here accuse the players of not having the stomach for a relegation fight, well given the reaction on here to a loss (and not just restricted to last Saturday the sulking and accusations have been flying around all season) it seems they aren't the only ones.

That would be the first time I can think of that McDermott has dropped a first team regular for two mistakes in one game when otherwise that player has been very good.

That suggests that it's just an excuse to get anyone else in ahead of him as soon as he possibly can when there's a fit other option. Even if it was genuine. It was a hell of a cock up. I'll be interested to see if he drops morro after his couple of mistakes. Bet he doesn't.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 27 Feb 2013 12:24

LOL @ anyone genuinely believing Pearce was dropped for a mistake in the Stoke game.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Feb 2013 12:24

sandman The attitude some of you have shown towards Brian this season is nothing short of shameful. So many on here accuse the players of not having the stomach for a relegation fight, well given the reaction on here to a loss (and not just restricted to last Saturday the sulking and accusations have been flying around all season) it seems they aren't the only ones.

the fact that this thread has got to 150+ pages and was started about 9 weeks into the season speaks volumes.

Of course BM has made mistakes - all managers do - the challenge is that he doesn't have a squad that has 5+ years football experience. (It costs money to build those kind of squads - can't just do it in 3 months) and when he makes a mistake it gets amplified. The team, BM and the owner are all learning at this level.

We were cut adrift before Xmas (as some of you appeared to be reveling in) now we're in with a f*cking good shout of staying up. (Who do you think did that? Hob Nob?? )

But no all I can hear on the TB is a load of finger pointing shit. You all sound like a load Wolves fans.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 27 Feb 2013 12:26

leon
sandman The attitude some of you have shown towards Brian this season is nothing short of shameful. So many on here accuse the players of not having the stomach for a relegation fight, well given the reaction on here to a loss (and not just restricted to last Saturday the sulking and accusations have been flying around all season) it seems they aren't the only ones.

the fact that this thread has got to 150+ pages and was started about 9 weeks into the season speaks volumes.

Of course BM has made mistakes - all managers do - the challenge is that he doesn't have a squad that has 5+ years football experience. (It costs money to build those kind of squads - can't just do it in 3 months) and when he makes a mistake it gets amplified. The team, BM and the owner are all learning at this level.

We were cut adrift before Xmas (as some of you appeared to be reveling in) now we're in with a f*cking good shout of staying up. (Who do you think did that? Hob Nob?? )

But no all I can hear on the TB is a load of finger pointing shit. You all sound like a load Wolves fans.

Mistakes I can cope with. Repeating mistakes and leaving people out of the team for reasons other than performance I can't.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Feb 2013 12:29

Extended-Phenotype
leon

Mistakes I can cope with. Repeating mistakes and leaving people out of the team for reasons other than performance I can't.

true - he should have driven back to Reading to pick Guthrie up in his car

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 27 Feb 2013 12:39

leon
true - he should have driven back to Reading to pick Guthrie up in his car

Aye, and he could have callled round Pearce's as well, perhaps explaining to him what he thinks coincidence means.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 27 Feb 2013 12:51

leon We were cut adrift before Xmas now we're in with a f*cking good shout of staying up. (Who do you think did that? Hob Nob?? )

Adam Le Fondre.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 27 Feb 2013 12:53

Ian Royal
sandman No he didn't. He gave you the reason for Pearce not being involved on Saturday and you just don't like it because Alex is a fans favourite so you put two and two together and come up with five. Do you ever think that maybe Pearce was dropped on Saturday because he did get done too easily for the goals at Stoke? Or that Morrison came in because he did have a good game at Old Trafford? Before Morrison got injured at Southampton he was being praised as the one bright spot of our season now because he's made a couple of errors he's only in the team because of Pearce's contract. What an insult to the guy.

The attitude some of you have shown towards Brian this season is nothing short of shameful. So many on here accuse the players of not having the stomach for a relegation fight, well given the reaction on here to a loss (and not just restricted to last Saturday the sulking and accusations have been flying around all season) it seems they aren't the only ones.

That would be the first time I can think of that McDermott has dropped a first team regular for two mistakes in one game when otherwise that player has been very good.

That suggests that it's just an excuse to get anyone else in ahead of him as soon as he possibly can when there's a fit other option. Even if it was genuine. It was a hell of a cock up. I'll be interested to see if he drops morro after his couple of mistakes. Bet he doesn't.

I still find it laughable a 'mistake' is trying to put a block in when a striker volleys the ball into the top corner from 20 yards. :lol:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 27 Feb 2013 12:56

This is all dogsh*t anyway. The second goal at Stoke was Mariappa's fault for a quite woeful attempt at a headed clearance from a bog standard long diagonal.

I like Brian, but he does come out with some terrible nonsense sometimes.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 27 Feb 2013 13:13

leon

Haven't you ever thought that you might be better suited to just looking at the RFC official club site?
Fans of football teams moan,even the fans of successful sides like Man Utd. or City moan-it is just how it is.
Fans of teams in the bottom 3 may moan more than most and fans having seen their team (supposedly battling to avoid relegation)outplayed by the side second from bottom may just consider that is time to direct there moaning towards somebody who can do something about it.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Feb 2013 14:35

that Wolves jibe cut deep

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 27 Feb 2013 15:13

What's amplified is the extremes of opinions which some claim are posted on here. leon's post makes it sound like half the board were hurling vitriol at Brian, in reality it was just a select few venting steam (and a few taking things a little too far, imho).

Most are just voicing their opinion as to what's best for the team - from my perspective Brian has got a lot wrong this season, and more than he has got right. The continued poor treatment of Pearce and Guthrie (I firmly believe that's what it is, not just McDermott choosing what he thinks is the best XI) has affected our season, as has the club's poor transfer windows, and McDermott's sticking with failed tactics and formations.

But by hook or by crook we only a point from 'safety', albeit with a nightmare March coming up. If we are in striking distance at the start of April I'm sure a McDermott side will give it a great go, but I don't think that excuses what has gone before. This is a results business, and as nice a bloke as McDermott is, imho he has had a poor season.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Feb 2013 09:16

Sanguine What's amplified is the extremes of opinions which some claim are posted on here. leon's post makes it sound like half the board were hurling vitriol at Brian, in reality it was just a select few venting steam (and a few taking things a little too far, imho).

Most are just voicing their opinion as to what's best for the team - from my perspective Brian has got a lot wrong this season, and more than he has got right. The continued poor treatment of Pearce and Guthrie (I firmly believe that's what it is, not just McDermott choosing what he thinks is the best XI) has affected our season, as has the club's poor transfer windows, and McDermott's sticking with failed tactics and formations.

But by hook or by crook we only a point from 'safety', albeit with a nightmare March coming up. If we are in striking distance at the start of April I'm sure a McDermott side will give it a great go, but I don't think that excuses what has gone before. This is a results business, and as nice a bloke as McDermott is, imho he has had a poor season.

my comment was absolutely about the sizeable vocal minority who have been abusing BM all season. Any surprise which thread I put it on?

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 28 Feb 2013 12:36

It's a difficult one with Brian. On the face of it he's a top guy, really likeable, and he tries the softy softy approach to develop confidence. But his football can be very ugly to watch, but it was effective in the Championship, albeit with some luck along the way.

Sitting back and hitting on the counter was never going to work at this level, but with goals going in left, right and centre at 442, this is all he knows now. With a large slice of luck we could stay up, but without it, and we have used up a fair bit already, we are as good as down.

What ever level we're playing next season, I just hope we've learnt something and we can modernise out style of play. We wont get away with siting back again next season. We rode our luck last year, but over the course of a full season luck goes missing for months at a time.

Managers, like players, come and go. Brian will too. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have someone new in, with fresh ideas, a new style, a new approach. But then again, look a Wolves, look at Blackburn, look at so many others. It doesn't always work, does it?!

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 28 Feb 2013 12:43

Yes he has made mistakes and he does come out with some funny comments and a lot of the time seems to blame decisions though some are debatable.

All opinions aside I think the fans need to up their game if I am being honest, yes the boys need to perform but the atmospere was pretty appalling against Wigan at times you would think we were at the DW stadium.

We need to make an atmospere similar to Stoke City their fans were a huge part in keeping the team up and they still are a huge part. People need to stop pointing the finger at particular individuals and concentrate on backing the boys. Mcd has given so much to this club and its time we give him something back his team of need.

We all need to come together as one in order for us to stand a chance of success in this division or it just doesn't work.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 28 Feb 2013 12:46

bracksroyal10 Yes he has made mistakes and he does come out with some funny comments and a lot of the time seems to blame decisions though some are debatable.

All opinions aside I think the fans need to up their game if I am being honest, yes the boys need to perform but the atmospere was pretty appalling against Wigan at times you would think we were at the DW stadium.

We need to make an atmospere similar to Stoke City their fans were a huge part in keeping the team up and they still are a huge part. People need to stop pointing the finger at particular individuals and concentrate on backing the boys. Mcd has given so much to this club and its time we give him something back his team of need.

We all need to come together as one in order for us to stand a chance of success in this division or it just doesn't work.

Did you go to the Stoke game? Their fans are overhyped toilet. They only sing up for the big games. Just like 99% of every other club.

In most cases, the fans react to what is happening on the pitch.
Last edited by Cobi on 28 Feb 2013 12:48, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Feb 2013 12:48

bracksroyal10 Yes he has made mistakes and he does come out with some funny comments and a lot of the time seems to blame decisions though some are debatable.

Our fans have always backed the side if it's showing any signs of quality. But you''ll not find the fans backing a limp display with no threat. McDermott has had plenty of support. Lets not forget he's doing a job not charity work here. At many other clubs he'd have lost the crowd and been sacked long ago.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Feb 2013 12:48

leon my comment was absolutely about the sizeable vocal minority who have been abusing BM all season. Any surprise which thread I put it on?

Abusing McDermott all season?

I can't say I've seen any real abuse. A little name calling in frustration at poor results perhaps, and certainly a lot of discussion about mistakes he's made, but abuse? You're kidding right?

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 28 Feb 2013 13:09

Cobi It's a difficult one with Brian. On the face of it he's a top guy, really likeable, and he tries the softy softy approach to develop confidence. But his football can be very ugly to watch, but it was effective in the Championship, albeit with some luck along the way.

Sitting back and hitting on the counter was never going to work at this level, but with goals going in left, right and centre at 442, this is all he knows now. With a large slice of luck we could stay up, but without it, and we have used up a fair bit already, we are as good as down.

What ever level we're playing next season, I just hope we've learnt something and we can modernise out style of play. We wont get away with siting back again next season. We rode our luck last year, but over the course of a full season luck goes missing for months at a time.

Managers, like players, come and go. Brian will too. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have someone new in, with fresh ideas, a new style, a new approach. But then again, look a Wolves, look at Blackburn, look at so many others. It doesn't always work, does it?!

For every Wolves or Blackburn though there is a Swansea,Cardiff,Tranmere,Bournemouth,Gillingham,Port Vale etc where change has worked.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 28 Feb 2013 13:12

Hoop Blah
leon my comment was absolutely about the sizeable vocal minority who have been abusing BM all season. Any surprise which thread I put it on?

Abusing McDermott all season?

I can't say I've seen any real abuse. A little name calling in frustration at poor results perhaps, and certainly a lot of discussion about mistakes he's made, but abuse? You're kidding right?

Agree with you in that Brian has had a very easy ride from fans of a club in and around the bottom all season and there has been very little booing at matches or even moaning on this website.
He earned cred because of last season but that cred doesn't last forever.

3209 posts