Jason Roberts idiot

370 posts
Rex
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Jason Roberts idiot

by Rex » 16 Dec 2011 07:05

"You pull your right sock up, your left sock down. up down up down shake em all around, you do the jimmy kebe and you turn around, thats what its all about. ohhhhhhhh the jimmy kebe, ohhhhhhhhhhhh the jimmy kebe, ohhhhhhhhhh the jimmy kebe"

Dear o dear. It's like listening to over excited school kids throwing sweets at each other on a school trip.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Dec 2011 10:13

Hoop Blah
melonhead kebe clearly asked not to be given the ball a second earlier so i have no problem accepting thats what happened if thats what they say

Sorry to go back to this again but.....

I've just watched the TV coverage for the first time and there's no way that Kebe was asking not to receive the ball, it's much more like he's telling Cummings that he's got time and to be calm as the ball comes out to him. Furthermore, just a few seconds before this so called 'don't give me the ball' gesture he was calling for the ball with both arms out as McAnuff moved into the box.

disagree

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 16 Dec 2011 10:32

Hmm. Could be interpreted either way, I guess. Personally, I think it’s a combo – he’s got the time, his sock is bothering him in some way, and it’s a decent jibe into the bargain. I don’t think it’s that big a goad, and still can’t really see why the focus is on that rather than Collison’s reaction.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 16 Dec 2011 17:07

melonhead
Hoop Blah
melonhead kebe clearly asked not to be given the ball a second earlier so i have no problem accepting thats what happened if thats what they say

Sorry to go back to this again but.....

I've just watched the TV coverage for the first time and there's no way that Kebe was asking not to receive the ball, it's much more like he's telling Cummings that he's got time and to be calm as the ball comes out to him. Furthermore, just a few seconds before this so called 'don't give me the ball' gesture he was calling for the ball with both arms out as McAnuff moved into the box.

disagree

Fair enough, each to their own and all that.

Out of interest though, why do you think he went from calling for the ball to not wanting it in the space of a couple of seconds? Do you not not think its a lot more likely he was telling his team mate that he had plenty of time and space to take a touch?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 Dec 2011 17:10

Maybe it was because he wanted to fiddle with his socks?

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 16 Dec 2011 19:13

In tonights evening standard Sam Alladyce said that Jimmy did nothing wrong and didn't provoke anybody,he also said that being elbowed in the face is provocation.

It would be interesting to see what Jason Roberts say's about the challenge now that he's had a chance to see it.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 16 Dec 2011 19:46

peterroyal76 In tonights evening standard Sam Alladyce said that Jimmy did nothing wrong and didn't provoke anybody,he also said that being elbowed in the face is provocation.

It would be interesting to see what Jason Roberts say's about the challenge now that he's had a chance to see it.

Roberts won't be saying anything - it would mean him admitting he was wrong

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 16 Dec 2011 20:21

Franchise FC
peterroyal76 In tonights evening standard Sam Alladyce said that Jimmy did nothing wrong and didn't provoke anybody,he also said that being elbowed in the face is provocation.

Roberts won't be saying anything - it would mean him admitting he was wrong

Yahoops

by Yahoops » 17 Dec 2011 10:36

Dear Mr Yahoops

Reference CAS-1189179-MX3T5Z

Thank you for contacting us about 'The Football League Show' broadcast on BBC One on 10 December.

We’re sorry for any offence caused during the unscripted item on the programme. We can assure you that there was no approval of violence intended by Steve Claridge, nor were the comments intended as racist by him

Steve Claridge made it clear verbally that he couldn’t condone Jack Collison’s actions. In many ways, Steve’s comments mirrored those of the West Ham manager Sam Allardyce, that what Collison did was wrong, however there was a feeling that Kebe’s baiting of the opposition was highly inappropriate, unsportsmanlike and would do nothing but add an extra element of frustration to the bad day that West Ham were already having. As a former professional footballer, Steve has seen this happen before with similar results and while not condoning Collison’s kick in any way, the action itself did not surprise him.

In addition, Steve is quite clear that Kebe’s actions are contrary to what is acceptable in the football league. Kebe’s actions may be more acceptable elsewhere in the world; certainly baiting an opposition player/team is viewed differently from country to country. Culturally there are differences in what is considered more or less acceptable in terms of on-field behaviour. It’s very much part of the variety and joy of world football and Steve found that Jimmy Kebe might have been unaware exactly how such baiting is viewed here as a non-English player. The amount of subsequent air-time devoted to the incident indicates just how fervently the public feels about Kebe’s actions.

Nevertheless, we’re guided by the feedback we receive and I can assure you I've registered your complaint on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's made available to all BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.
Thanks for taking the time to contact us.
Kind Regards
Mark Roberts
BBC Complaints
http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints
NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 17 Dec 2011 10:47

Yahoops Dear Mr Yahoops

Reference CAS-1189179-MX3T5Z

Thank you for contacting us about 'The Football League Show' broadcast on BBC One on 10 December.

We’re sorry for any offence caused during the unscripted item on the programme. We can assure you that there was no approval of violence intended by Steve Claridge, nor were the comments intended as racist by him

Steve Claridge made it clear verbally that he couldn’t condone Jack Collison’s actions. In many ways, Steve’s comments mirrored those of the West Ham manager Sam Allardyce, that what Collison did was wrong, however there was a feeling that Kebe’s baiting of the opposition was highly inappropriate, unsportsmanlike and would do nothing but add an extra element of frustration to the bad day that West Ham were already having. As a former professional footballer, Steve has seen this happen before with similar results and while not condoning Collison’s kick in any way, the action itself did not surprise him.

In addition, Steve is quite clear that Kebe’s actions are contrary to what is acceptable in the football league. Kebe’s actions may be more acceptable elsewhere in the world; certainly baiting an opposition player/team is viewed differently from country to country. Culturally there are differences in what is considered more or less acceptable in terms of on-field behaviour. It’s very much part of the variety and joy of world football and Steve found that Jimmy Kebe might have been unaware exactly how such baiting is viewed here as a non-English player. The amount of subsequent air-time devoted to the incident indicates just how fervently the public feels about Kebe’s actions.

Nevertheless, we’re guided by the feedback we receive and I can assure you I've registered your complaint on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's made available to all BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.
Thanks for taking the time to contact us.
Kind Regards
Mark Roberts
BBC Complaints
http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints
NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

At least there is thought in the letter, and not just some standard waffle.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 17 Dec 2011 10:51

Not much though. Seems like the usual arrogant BBC - we are right/you are wrong - to me.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 17 Dec 2011 11:08

Yellowcoat Not much though. Seems like the usual arrogant BBC - we are right/you are wrong - to me.

Decent to dignify it with a thought out, individual response if you ask me.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Dec 2011 11:10

Amazed at that tbh.

Yahoops

by Yahoops » 17 Dec 2011 11:35

There's something wrong with the mentality of people who find fault where there is no evidence whatsoever of wrong doing. I bet they wish they could still burn witches.

The Cube

by The Cube » 17 Dec 2011 11:36

BBC apologists ...would do nothing but add an extra element of frustration to the bad day that West Ham were already having.

Presumably our third goal would have added another extra element. Does that mean we shouldn't have scored it?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Dec 2011 12:24

Ideal
rhroyal
Yellowcoat Not much though. Seems like the usual arrogant BBC - we are right/you are wrong - to me.

Decent to dignify it with a thought out, individual response if you ask me.

Except I received the exact same response word for word, to an entirely individual complaint, which surely differs from the one sent by the other guy.
So no, they did not send a thought out, individual response - they sent the same one to everyone, containing the same bullshit.

No, they sent the same well thought out response that was specifically tailored to the incident. It covers all the bases when it comes to complaining about what Claridge said, when there wasn't a lot worth complaining about in the first place.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 17 Dec 2011 13:37

Which is exactly the reality of the situation though!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Dec 2011 13:36

It really is laughable calling pulling up socks as unsporting. It's only pulling up socks, ffs! :roll: Get over it, people.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 18 Dec 2011 13:46

Trying to get that Kebe song going yesterday was laughable.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Dec 2011 14:24

SpaceCruiser It really is laughable calling pulling up socks as unsporting. It's only pulling up socks, ffs! :roll: Get over it, people.

Wahey! I agree!

Mind you, I still reckon you'd have been apoplectic if Piquionne had done it instead of our Jimmy last week....

370 posts