Everton (A) - Match Thread

396 posts
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Everton (A) - Match Thread

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Mar 2013 17:02

windermere_royal QPR are only 4 points off 4th bottom as we speak , they have alot of winnable games coming up.

Maybe but the likes of Wigan, Villa will not just roll over & let them win. I'd agree in the main though - their Mar & Apr fixtures you would think will seal their fate one way or the other.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Mar 2013 17:02

Well, that was utterly predictable. Wide open all game. No ability to keep and use the ball and frankly only a terrible Jelavic and last ditch defending kept the scoreline from being utterly embarrassing. The management isn't good enough, the team selection isn't good enough, the squad isn't strong enough, midfield is way out of their league and we're light upfront. We deserve to go down and we will. But FFS please lets take QPR and Villa with us!

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 02 Mar 2013 17:03

Royal Ginger
surrounded by saints well,at least the humiliation is over for another week. off to slash my wrists! :cry:

Get over yourself, it wasn't that bad.

0_3 sounds bad enough to me mate.

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 02 Mar 2013 17:04

surrounded by saints
Royal Ginger
surrounded by saints well,at least the humiliation is over for another week. off to slash my wrists! :cry:

1-3 even :D

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Mar 2013 17:04

surrounded by saints
Royal Ginger

:|

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 02 Mar 2013 17:05

surrounded by saints
Royal Ginger

They played much better than last week and we were competative throughout. A bit of luck could have seen us win. Plus that wasn't the score.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Mar 2013 17:06

Saints next 3 - Norwich away, Liverpool at home & Chelsea at home. Not exactly easy & similar to our next 3.

Both theirs & Readings confidence could be shot to fcuk by the time they meet. All set up to be a massive game this one...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Mar 2013 17:07

Yet still conceeded 3 goals and were opened up time and again with ease. That's 4-4-2 for you. Get more chances we don't take, give away a hatful with more than enough converted.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 02 Mar 2013 17:08

I thought the first half we played better than the entire game last week against Wigan. I didn't expect anything from this, next week's game has far more importance. We lose that? No excuses.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Mar 2013 17:11

Just putting some bubble wrap around my radio in preparation for McDermott's post match interview! Hopefully it won't break when I kick it in frustration.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 02 Mar 2013 17:12

AirRaidSiren I thought the first half we played better than the entire game last week against Wigan. I didn't expect anything from this, next week's game has far more importance. We lose that? No excuses.

Second half we were too tired to keep it up and we conceded goals due to spaces being opened up through tired mistakes.

Sounds familiar.

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 02 Mar 2013 17:13

Royal Ginger
surrounded by saints
Royal Ginger well,at least the humiliation is over for another week. off to slash my wrists! :cry:

They played much better than last week and we were competative throughout. A bit of luck could have seen us win. Plus that wasn't the score.

I don't think anyone expected points in this game. If the performance was improved and it gives cause for optimism when we play winnable games, then lets just move on.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 02 Mar 2013 17:13

Ian Royal Yet still conceeded 3 goals and were opened up time and again with ease. That's 4-4-2 for you. Get more chances we don't take, give away a hatful with more than enough converted.

It seems Mcdermott remember the lesson he was taught for a grand total of 1 month.

We are being managed into relegation. There, I said it.

Born 'n Bred Royal

by Born 'n Bred Royal » 02 Mar 2013 17:15

As Brian will now inevitably say - 'we move on'.

We must win next week but our momentum seems to have completely evaporated. Really fear for us now

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 02 Mar 2013 17:16

RFCSPACE
I don't think anyone expected points in this game. If the performance was improved and it gives cause for optimism when we play winnable games, then lets just move on.

Hi Brian,

Could you tell us what's happening with Feds and Guthrie?

Ta

BenSmith91

by BenSmith91 » 02 Mar 2013 17:17

Ady Williams just urged listeners to text/call in if they know what happened to Federici. He doesn't want rumours. Just facts.

I love you Ady but you are so unbelievably thick.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Mar 2013 17:17

ZacNaloen
Ian Royal Yet still conceeded 3 goals and were opened up time and again with ease. That's 4-4-2 for you. Get more chances we don't take, give away a hatful with more than enough converted.

It seems Mcdermott remember the lesson he was taught for a grand total of 1 month.

I thoroughly agree. He's been largely clueless all season, utterly out of his depth and not really showing signs that the turnaround was anything more than some spirited luck. I like the guy and he's done a good job in the past, but to be honest I'd rather we just got it over with and got rid of him for someone who'd institute a half decent brand of football, because his style is truely dire. But then he deserves the chance to show this season was the experience he needed and kick off a cracking campaign in the Championship after the summer.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 02 Mar 2013 17:17

Yeah, I can just imagine McDermott's interview after the game

'it was Pearce's fault for two of the goals'
'We didn't have all the luck'
'We can take some positives from this and take it to the next game'
'The handball changed the game'
'I believe in these players'
'The dressing room are all pulling in the same direction'
'The club is pulling in the same direction'
'I told the players they should be proud of themselves'
'We're pulling way above our expectations for the size of the club'

oxf*rd off Brian.

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 02 Mar 2013 17:19

leicsRoyal
RFCSPACE

Hi Brian,

Could you tell us what's happening with Feds and Guthrie?

Ta

Injured for being big headed, gobby cunts

HTH

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Mar 2013 17:20

Ian Royal
ZacNaloen

I thoroughly agree. He's been largely clueless all season, utterly out of his depth and not really showing signs that the turnaround was anything more than some spirited luck. I like the guy and he's done a good job in the past, but to be honest I'd rather we just got it over with and got rid of him for someone who'd institute a half decent brand of football, because his style is truely dire. But then he deserves the chance to show this season was the experience he needed and kick off a cracking campaign in the Championship after the summer.

Slippery slope that.....I'd rather we kept him next season personally.

396 posts