CONFIRMED - Danny Williams

370 posts
Judge Drenthe

Re: Player flew in yesterday from Germany

by Judge Drenthe » 25 Jun 2013 21:52

LightwaterRoyal Id rather the Yank to the German but neither of them are the Attacking Midfield player we need.

Williams aint a Yank, he's a German.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Jun 2013 21:53

Judge Drenthe
LightwaterRoyal Id rather the Yank to the German but neither of them are the Attacking Midfield player we need.

Williams aint a Yank, he's a German.

What is it about dual nationality people don't understand?

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

Re: CONFIRMED - Danny Williams

by Mike Hunt » 25 Jun 2013 21:56

SCIAG
Mike Hunt for someone who is not English, wtf is a struggle pig?

He's a pig because he lives in Germany (who lost the World Wars) despite being American (the country that won both World Wars single handedly with no help from the Russians).

He struggles because he's a defensive midfielder and experienced prejudice stemming from the aforementioned pigginess.

I am going to take this as a serious answer as I do not know any better, so fanx!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Jun 2013 21:58

Chairman Sir John Madejski said: "These are exciting times for the club and Danny's acquisition is another step forward for us.

Surely you mean 'dangerous times for the club' John, what with splashing out all this cash in such a reckless and unlike 'Reading Way' or is it easy to get excited over doing the right thing now it is someone else's money?!

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 25 Jun 2013 22:05

A few more quotes from the Hoffenheim Forum. through the dodgy google translate

Absolutely! He is an important man for us! cool guys

Now it's Official: ( I find unfortunate, Williams was always s great guy and a great player!

Too bad - Williams was among those who have given the TSG emotions and who gives the impression that they make more than just a job at TSG

I do not understand the change of Williams. Why is away? If the game does not fit into the system, or gave Gisdol differences or what? Would interest me. Williams has me really well-liked with us.

Times but was a really nice interview of Danny after the game. Seems to me to be a down to earth player with an eye for the essential. Was once a really good boy obligation.

Seems very promising at the moment.......

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Jun 2013 22:09

Mike Hunt
SCIAG
Mike Hunt for someone who is not English, wtf is a struggle pig?

He's a pig because he lives in Germany (who lost the World Wars) despite being American (the country that won both World Wars single handedly with no help from the Russians).

He struggles because he's a defensive midfielder and experienced prejudice stemming from the aforementioned pigginess.

I am going to take this as a serious answer as I do not know any better, so fanx!

Lol

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 25 Jun 2013 22:15

:lol:

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 25 Jun 2013 22:22

winchester_royal
CholseyRoyal Sounds a bit worrying unless he was suffering with his ankle injury during this period. Taken from

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sbn ... nheim.html

Williams saw his career plateau in the last year as he struggled for an awful Hoffenheim team and eventually was planted on the bench. Once a regular starter for Hoffenheim, Williams' poor play, fraught with poor positioning and sloppy passes, kept him from making a single appearance in April and May. That stint on the bench coincided with Hoffenheim's turnaround as they grabbed points in five of their last seven matches to climb from the drop zone to the relegation playoff, which they won to keep their place in the Bundesliga.

He was injured early April which kept him out of the side.

It wasn't April onwards I was concerned about, more the comments on his poor positioning and sloppy passes that worried me.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 25 Jun 2013 22:24

I love google translate! Makes work 200% more fun (as do these forums)

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 25 Jun 2013 22:26

CholseyRoyal
winchester_royal
CholseyRoyal Sounds a bit worrying unless he was suffering with his ankle injury during this period. Taken from

Williams saw his career plateau in the last year as he struggled for an awful Hoffenheim team and eventually was planted on the bench. Once a regular starter for Hoffenheim, Williams' poor play, fraught with poor positioning and sloppy passes, kept him from making a single appearance in April and May. That stint on the bench coincided with Hoffenheim's turnaround as they grabbed points in five of their last seven matches to climb from the drop zone to the relegation playoff, which they won to keep their place in the Bundesliga.

It wasn't April onwards I was concerned about, more the comments on his poor positioning and sloppy passes that worried me.

All will be revealed in August. He can't be worse than l,wood for passing and positioning.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 25 Jun 2013 22:31

CholseyRoyal
winchester_royal

Well, as shown earlier, Hoff fans (who watched him week in week out) r8 him, so tbh that just make me thinks that one link is from a guy who doesn't know much about anything and is drawing conclusions from circumstance rather than actual performance.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 25 Jun 2013 22:38

Interesting signing this one. I know absolutely nothing about him but a full international and 24 is not to be sneezed at. Further evidence that last season's oxf*rd up by McD etc is well behind us. Now for NA to create a winning team with the resources at his disposal.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 25 Jun 2013 22:45

CholseyRoyal

He had just a six-game patch like that, then got his starting place back for four games, then got injured

Bench
45 Came on at HT
Suspended
45 Subbed off at HT

Bench
65 (Subbed)

36 (Came on as sub)
Bench
15 (Came on as Sub)
12 (Came on as Sub)
54 (Subbed Off)
Bench

Out Injured for last six games

17 x Starts
13 x 90
04 x Started, then Subbed
04 x Came on as a sub
04 x Unused Sub
06 x Injured
01 x Suspended

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 25 Jun 2013 22:47

I really hope Struggle Pig catches on as a nickname.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 25 Jun 2013 23:09

St. Brynjar I really hope Struggle Pig catches on as a nickname.

I thought it already had

:D

jellytot

by jellytot » 25 Jun 2013 23:38

Good signing for me. More pace and energy in the midfield. Think this means that leig will be getting a taxi to Leeds soon to follow the other Reading rejects! Or Guthrie is off...? Anyway hope it is Leig as he was like a scarecrow for most of last season.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 25 Jun 2013 23:39

CholseyRoyal
St. Brynjar I really hope Struggle Pig catches on as a nickname.

I thought it already had

:D

That's the spirit!

Booseal

by Booseal » 26 Jun 2013 00:03

lemontree
SPARTA
lemontree The player is reportedly Danny Williams, a defensive midfielder born in germany but plays for america. Possibly as the end may be near for karacan?

Reportedly...... reported where exactly?

reliable sauce, few formalities to be completed yet but looks basically done

Kudos to lemontree 8)

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 26 Jun 2013 00:16

Are we "doing a QPR"?

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 26 Jun 2013 00:21

I had never heard of this player let alone seen him play. Therefore I am going to state that he will be the greatest player the English game has ever seen without doubt in the history of the world.

370 posts