Adkins - Pros and Cons

847 posts
WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: Adkins - Pros and Cons

by WoodleyRoyal » 20 Oct 2014 15:04

Woodcote Royal
Sanguine And you think he would move to Reading?

I've got no idea, and no idea about who else l would bring in. Shit. I know i will just troll the fans who are talking sense

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Oct 2014 15:05

WoodleyRoyal :lol: F*cking hell woodcote that some seriously lame shit right there, even by your standards

'greed.

And if our ability to attract a decent manager has diminished (I'd argue not much), it's down to the ownership situation at the club.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 20 Oct 2014 15:05

WoodleyRoyal :lol: F*cking hell woodcote that some seriously lame shit right there, even by your standards

:lol:

Thanks for reminding why I rarely bother with this place these days

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 20 Oct 2014 15:07

carefull the door doesn't hit you on the way out

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 20 Oct 2014 15:07

WoodleyRoyal
Woodcote Royal

I've got no idea, and no idea about who else l would bring in. Shit. I know i will just troll the fans who are talking sense

I didn't need a second reminder :D

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 20 Oct 2014 15:09

WoodleyRoyal carefull the door doesn't hit you on the way out

I'll be carefull, thanks :lol:

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 20 Oct 2014 15:17

Woodcote Royal
WoodleyRoyal carefull the door doesn't hit you on the way out

I'll be carefull, thanks :lol:

:lol: ........ :| :arrow:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Oct 2014 15:57

under the tin

Just suggesting here that sacking a manager with no plan what comes next would be utterly foolish. So who is coming in, and what will they do differently?

We're 3 months into the season, and staring relegation in the face.!!!!!!!!!!

Were McD still manager, we'd be 78 points clear at the top by now, Karacan would have recovered from his injury by mid August, AZ would have bankrolled the signing of Kuna Aguero, McCarthy would still be here, grown another two arms, and has successfully displaced Joe Hart as England No.1. The Ebola outbreak would not have happened. ISIS would be a beacon for peace and moderation.
Can't you see????? It's all bleedin' Adkins' fault

Again you're making stuff up and trying to paint people in a negative light to suit your own agenda. No one has ever said that if Brian was still here we'd be running away with the league. We just want to see improvement, some sign that our manager and coaches know how to get our team into a cohesive unit that can at least get the basics right. Unfortunately since they arrived 20 months ago they have not shown anything to suggest any of that is happening

It won't work out for him here, he's just not a proper part of the club and it's clear he isn't suited to us. As I've said before, that happens sometimes. At the time he was appointed the Saints fans said it was a bad move for him so it's not just us saying he wouldn't and won't work out here.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Oct 2014 15:59

sandman We just want to see improvement, some sign that our manager and coaches know how to get our team into a cohesive unit that can at least get the basics right. Unfortunately since they arrived 20 months ago they have not shown anything to suggest any of that is happening

That's simply not true, which is where your argument becomes no more substantial than the ones you criticise.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 20 Oct 2014 16:02

Bar a few players, I think we have shown signs of a becoming a cohesive unit. If Pearce could "get the basics right" or we had someone to pick in his place, we'd probably be higher up the table.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Oct 2014 16:10

Extended-Phenotype Bar a few players, I think we have shown signs of a becoming a cohesive unit. If Pearce could "get the basics right" or we had someone to pick in his place, we'd probably be higher up the table.

Agreed, we are a few 'little bits' from a far more cohesive peformance - a little more composure at the back, the midfield playing more consistently as a unit, slightly better finishing. But we haven't played badly for long spells at all.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 20 Oct 2014 16:12

2 things with Pearce - he has always struggled playing on the left side of CB and he has always needed a experianced CB along side him. He cant cope with looking after his own game and leading another, this is why when playing alongside Gorkks he looked very comfortable and we won the league.
Last edited by WoodleyRoyal on 20 Oct 2014 16:16, edited 1 time in total.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 20 Oct 2014 16:16

The spine of a team is the most important aspect for consistency.

The spine is strongest with a solid CB pairing and a defensively balanced midfield.

We don't have either.

The best tactics in the world aren't going to compensate for that.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 20 Oct 2014 16:25

Sanguine
sandman We just want to see improvement, some sign that our manager and coaches know how to get our team into a cohesive unit that can at least get the basics right. Unfortunately since they arrived 20 months ago they have not shown anything to suggest any of that is happening

That's simply not true, which is where your argument becomes no more substantial than the ones you criticise.

Can you honestly say you haven't seen the same mistakes being made time and again? Is not defending properly "getting the basics right"?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Oct 2014 16:43

wingnut
Sanguine

Can you honestly say you haven't seen the same mistakes being made time and again? Is not defending properly "getting the basics right"?

But a lot of the time we have got the basics right. The last couple of weeks have been strange, but we were pretty good against Wolves, and the first half hour against Millwall was as good as we have played for years.

I'm flummoxed as to how so few are prepared to give Adkins the benefit of the doubt whilst he tries to climb into the play-off spots with a team without an entire first-choice midfield, and having lost an England goalkeeper, key central defender and top scorer over the summer.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 20 Oct 2014 16:56

Hmm. I missed the a Wolves game but from what I remember of the Millwall game we were extremely fortunate to win that with many of the same mistakes made by the defence yet again.

I've no idea what Adkins's first choice central midfield would be, and, I suspect, neither does he. I would also guess that he was indifferent, at best, to Alf going, given that he was hardly a regular starter for him.
I'll give you Morrison but, given his form both before and after his move to Cardiff I doubt that he would've made much difference.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 20 Oct 2014 16:59

You be "carefull" not to "troll" those who are forming an orderly queue to have Nige's babies (under a park bench in Woodley possibly)

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Oct 2014 17:04

wingnut Hmm. I missed the a Wolves game but from what I remember of the Millwall game we were extremely fortunate to win that with many of the same mistakes made by the defence yet again.

I've no idea what Adkins's first choice central midfield would be, and, I suspect, neither does he. I would also guess that he was indifferent, at best, to Alf going, given that he was hardly a regular starter for him.
I'll give you Morrison but, given his form both before and after his move to Cardiff I doubt that he would've made much difference.

You don't suspect he'd play Williams, Karacan and McCleary given a chance? Come on now.

The point re Millwall was that we played decent football. The signs are there. Yes, the defence lapsed, it's a bit of a problem, but not reason enough to sack Adkins.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Oct 2014 17:07

Woodcote Royal

You be "carefull" not to "troll" those who are forming an orderly queue to have Nige's babies (under a park bench in Woodley possibly)

How's that list of replacements going? And what will the new guy do differently?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 20 Oct 2014 17:11

wingnut Is not defending properly "getting the basics right"?

I guess it depends whether we are talking about Adkins (for whom either penalty area is not a priority) or any other league manager who expects to be judged first on results with style coming a poor second at best.

847 posts