The Yak

382 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Yak

by sandman » 06 Feb 2015 20:55

Dave-Royal Sandman no you was not you Lier, stop Wind Me Up u are a Freak,OKay get a life

The Yak 95 Goals The best

Your mum's a freak and she's got the arsehole to prove it.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Feb 2015 22:14

wingnut
Nameless
Royal_Delight The ex-Nigeria international is expected to be a flop at the Madejski Stadium. He's simply not likely to be fit for the rigours of second-tier English football and the 16th-placed club will be hard-pushed to bring match-winning performances from the striker, irrespective of his experience."

That is a shockingly bad piece of writing, probably explained by the fact that they obviously had an article planned in advance and nothing really happened that fitted their theme. So they made stuff up.
No one expects him to flop, everyone excepts it's a lowish risk gamble,, no one knows what his fitness is like but he's not a hard running midfielder and will probably feature off the bench so it's not a big issue. What the bit about us being 'hard pushed to bring match winning performances out of him' is supposed to mean I'm not sure.
Written by someone with space to fill and nothing to say....

I think he's right. Practically every other football fan in the country who isn't a Reading fan probably laughed when they heard the news that we'd signed him. I know all those in my office did.

Realistically almost every other football fan in the country would have absolutely no opinion at all. Except those at the clubs where he played who would think we'd got a decent player...
According to Clarke Yak has just done preseason including matches with his old club so take your pick between 'he's not fit' and ' he's fresh and not already had 6 months slog'. Who knows, but I'll go with my theory that our correspondent was filling space and based his comments on no research or knowledge.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Feb 2015 15:20

Why? Because I'm too busy f[u]cking your Mum.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 07 Feb 2015 15:42

*Waves at sandman at the other end*

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Feb 2015 15:43

Wondered why she was mumbling.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Feb 2015 15:48

goo or poo sandy?

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 07 Feb 2015 16:01

She's in real trouble if she's got sandy poo.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Feb 2015 17:25

Now Dave, as your new Step Dad I'm very concerned about your behaviour young man.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 08 Feb 2015 22:23

Coming out with "your mum" jokes is so 5 years ago even for 16 year olds SADman.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Feb 2015 22:50

RoyallyFcuked Coming out with "your mum" jokes is so 5 years ago even for 16 year olds SADman.

"SADman" :lol: good one.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 08 Feb 2015 22:53

sandman
RoyallyFcuked Coming out with "your mum" jokes is so 5 years ago even for 16 year olds SADman.

"SADman" :lol: good one.

Calling you SADman is a classic that never gets old. Unlike "your mum" :lol:

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 09 Feb 2015 11:15

Wow.

Way to ruin the thread guys.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 09 Feb 2015 11:26

Rollerbob Wow.

Way to ruin the thread guys.

This thread has been brought to its knees

Just like your Dad in the Navy

Charlie Brooker joke

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 09 Feb 2015 12:18

Rollerbob If everyone in your office laughed when we signed Yakubu, they must have been on the floor when we signed players like Akpan, Travner, Blackman etc etc

And they must have been pissing themselves the day we signed the likes of Dave Kitson to shrieks of "No ambition! :evil: " from the usual suspects :|

Some are seeking confirmation as to when the Yak last played; You'd think those deriding the guy before he's kicked a ball for us while making unfounded, juvenile comments about his age might be basing those remarks on some knowledge of recent form but, no, apparently :|

He could turn out to be a complete flop but, for the countess time, there's going to be some serious egg on a lot faces round here if he's a success in the hoops.

It' is a sad fact of like life that the Hobnob Tools NEVER learn :|

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 09 Feb 2015 12:44

Dave-Royal said
The Yak be very sharpe in training.. you will be surprise when you see him Tuesday haha :D

Why? Will he be wearing a green jacket and have the 95th Rifles watching from the stands?

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 09 Feb 2015 13:58

It's a bad transfer because I can't see a positive outcome.

He is probably going to be past it and a bit rubbish, so that everybody else in the whole world was quite right to laugh at us.

If he is good, then where does it leave us? We won't want to be offering a two-year contract for him to lie on our treatment table and rake in the millions. If he takes Pogrebnyak's place, it is less likely we'll find somebody to take him off us. If he stops Blackman coming on the pitch we still won't know whether he is good enough.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 09 Feb 2015 14:31

Handsome Man It's a bad transfer because I can't see a positive outcome.
We sign The Yak and suddenly The Pog starts putting in MOTM performances..... coincidence?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 09 Feb 2015 23:18

He is probably going to be past it and a bit rubbish, so that everybody else in the whole world was quite right to laugh at us.

If he is good, then where does it leave us? We won't want to be offering a two-year contract for him to lie on our treatment table and rake in the millions. If he takes Pogrebnyak's place, it is less likely we'll find somebody to take him off us. If he stops Blackman coming on the pitch we still won't know whether he is good enough.

Dave Kitson was supposedly a bad transfer because latter day tools couldn't see a positive outcome from such a cheap transfer :|

"If he's good where does that leave us" Almost certainly still in this league with fans like you looking pretty effing stupid :|

"We won't want to be offering a two-year contract for him to lie on our treatment table and rake in the millions" For once in recent times, we'll be able to offer a senior player a contract that reflects his true value based on performances and fitness status.
We will also be able to say thanks but no thanks.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 10 Feb 2015 11:01

LOL :|

Why will he be "past it and rubbish"? Don't see how anyone can say that or laugh at the signing yet. It might be fair to laugh by the summer if he hasnt cut it but at the same time other clubs might well end up wondering why they didnt think of him first.

The guy is actually only 32 and natural goalscorer (has scored 95 in the PL), strikers don't often just lose their instinct. He is a big unit type player and that's usually good in England especially in the Championship. Yes he's been playing in China and Qatar for the last 2 years but once he gets back into the swing of things the Yak should get a few goals at this level, as long as someone can feed him. We are improving all the time under Clarke so why not?

Anyway we probably already have an agreement in place that if he does well enough they will offer him an contract extension. If we don't want him then his contract is up in the summer so we haven't lost anything.

The only negative I can see is if he starts banging the goals in enough for a PL club or someone to want him, then they could come in and make him a better offer than we can. As his current deal with us is only till the end of the season then he could leave and we wouldnt get anything for him.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 11 Feb 2015 11:48

So it turns out he's fat and shit.

I hope he's being forced to do sprints all morning, every morning.

382 posts