No
13%

Total votes: 209
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Have you taken to Steve Clarke yet?

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Mar 2015 15:34

Pepe the Horseman Almost certainly.

Yes ok fair enough. I can see why you'd think we would manage that - we were definitely turning a corner as shown in the 6-1 drubbing @ St Andrews.

I too was surprised he got the boot.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Mar 2015 15:44

MmmMonsterMunch
Extended-Phenotype He hasn't got a clue what he's doing. We are scoring less and now conceding more than under Adkins. We've been playing some of the worst football I've seen.

Absolutely ridiculous statement. Utter utter sh1t.

Under Adkins we were getting to HT regularly with not one shot on goal or have u forgotten that? Even at FT a lot of the games only had 1 or 2 attempts on goal. The players were despondent & not playing for him.

ORLY?

Adkins
Brum (A) - 16 shots
Bolton (H) - 18 shots
Norwich (A) - 6 shots
Cardiff (A) - 8 shots
Charlton (H) - 20 shots
Rovrum (H) - 13 shots
Blackburn (A) - 12 shots
Blackpool (H) - 16 shots
Average shots per game: 13.6

Clarke
Forest (H) - 11
Hudd (A) - 9
Ispwich (A) - 9
Wigan (H) - 15
Leeds (H) - 14
Wolves (A) - 17
Weds (H) - 12
Millwall - (A) - 17
Average shots per game: 13

Adkins - P24, F30, A39 = F1.25, A1.63 - PPG 1.19
Clarke - P16, F15, A18 = F0.94, A1.13 - PPG 1.25

E-Po isn't exactly right, but then neither are you. The defence has got better, but the attack has got worse and results are basically the same. Clarke has just got a single better cup results against Derby.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 01 Mar 2015 15:52

Ian Royal
MmmMonsterMunch
Extended-Phenotype He hasn't got a clue what he's doing. We are scoring less and now conceding more than under Adkins. We've been playing some of the worst football I've seen.

Under Adkins we were getting to HT regularly with not one shot on goal or have u forgotten that? Even at FT a lot of the games only had 1 or 2 attempts on goal. The players were despondent & not playing for him.

ORLY?

Adkins
Brum (A) - 16 shots
Bolton (H) - 18 shots
Norwich (A) - 6 shots
Cardiff (A) - 8 shots
Charlton (H) - 20 shots
Rovrum (H) - 13 shots
Blackburn (A) - 12 shots
Blackpool (H) - 16 shots
Average shots per game: 13.6

Clarke
Forest (H) - 11
Hudd (A) - 9
Ispwich (A) - 9
Wigan (H) - 15
Leeds (H) - 14
Wolves (A) - 17
Weds (H) - 12
Millwall - (A) - 17
Average shots per game: 13

Adkins - P24, F30, A39 = F1.25, A1.63 - PPG 1.19
Clarke - P16, F15, A18 = F0.94, A1.13 - PPG 1.25

E-Po isn't exactly right, but then neither are you. The defence has got better, but the attack has got worse and results are basically the same. Clarke has just got a single better cup results against Derby.

When u shore up defensively you'll a almost certainly lose a bit of attacking presence.

*Joey deacon face

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Mar 2015 15:52

Clarke hasn't had Murray for most of his tenure Ian. That would make a massive difference to your stats alone.

In addition, in terms of general attacking play....what about wingers taking on their man, plus getting decent crosses in? I completely forgot to mention that in my argument but that has come on ten fold under Clarke. A huge huge improvement there.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Mar 2015 15:55

Just pointing out that your view is no more valid than E-Po's based on the facts.

Agree Brendy. But then I'd seriously question the signing of Yakubu as a replacement for Murray. At least Samuel / HRK / Blackman can actually run around for 90 minutes. Even if they're about as likely to score.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Mar 2015 16:01

Ian Royal Just pointing out that your view is no more valid than E-Po's based on the facts

Except the facts clearly show we have conceded less goals under Clarke than we did under Adkins and EP is claiming we concede more under Clarke. Ok then. :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Mar 2015 16:05

MmmMonsterMunch
Ian Royal Just pointing out that your view is no more valid than E-Po's based on the facts

Except the facts clearly show we have conceded less goals under Clarke than we did under Adkins and EP is claiming we concede more under Clarke. Ok then. :lol:

And you claimed we scored more.

Like I said. Both of you are wrong.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 01 Mar 2015 16:06

Ian Royal Just pointing out that your view is no more valid than E-Po's based on the facts.

Agree Brendy. But then I'd seriously question the signing of Yakubu as a replacement for Murray. At least Samuel / HRK / Blackman can actually run around for 90 minutes. Even if they're about as likely to score.

hrk run about?!

Lol.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Mar 2015 16:08

Ian Royal
MmmMonsterMunch

And you claimed we scored more.

Like I said. Both of you are wrong.

Where did I say we scored more Ian? Please find the quote.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Mar 2015 16:09

Ah yes that's right. You can't. Because I didn't say it.

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 01 Mar 2015 16:55

TBM
Baggie192
sandman Is it because he didn't wear a cap with his tracksuit?

:D :D You may mock but we've only lost once since he came. It looks like you hired January to December 2013 Steve Clarke the tinkerman and unfortunately you haven't got Romelu Lukaku as a fail safe.

Pffff, but are you in the quarter final of the fa cup?

Actually no that doesn't work

I salute you sir :lol: :lol: :lol:

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 01 Mar 2015 21:01

MmmMonsterMunch

Tbh I'm just lashing out without checking the facts. These recent 3-0 losses have perhaps clouded my judgement a bit.

That said, it really doesn't feel like we have improved anything. Scrabbling around for the odd stat to suggest otherwise doesn't fill me with the confidence that it's true.

Some bad management calls on top of some pretty poor results isn't giving me any confidence in this appointment.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Mar 2015 21:10

MmmMonsterMunch Where did I say we scored more Ian? Please find the quote.

MmmMonsterMunch Ah yes that's right. You can't. Because I didn't say it.

ORLY?
MmmMonsterMunch

You haven't out right said it no, but by saying that E-Po is talking "utter utter sh1t" when he says the opposite and you then bang on (incorrectly) about us having very few shots under Adkins, which kinda by extension, when combined with the other element suggests you were saying we weren't scoring more under Adkins, which of course also means the same as we're scoring more under Clarke. Which I've just ably demonstrated is wrong.

Apologies if I've misunderstood your intent.

Oh and just in case by 'shots on goal' you meant 'shots on target' Adkins last three games were 5, 4, 6 compared to Clarke's 3, 3, 4

But enough of this silliness.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Mar 2015 21:21

So you admit he didn't say it then? Don't know why you felt the need to type all that other stuff.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Mar 2015 21:32

Ian Royal

ORLY?
MmmMonsterMunch

You haven't out right said it no, but by saying that E-Po is talking "utter utter sh1t" when he says the opposite and you then bang on (incorrectly) about us having very few shots under Adkins, which kinda by extension, when combined with the other element suggests you were saying we weren't scoring more under Adkins, which of course also means the same as we're scoring more under Clarke. Which I've just ably demonstrated is wrong.

Oh and just in case by 'shots on goal' you meant 'shots on target' Adkins last three games were 5, 4, 6 compared to Clarke's 3, 3, 4

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 01 Mar 2015 22:17

sandman So you admit he didn't say it then? Don't know why you felt the need to type all that other stuff.

Leave my boyfriend alone!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Mar 2015 22:48

Ian Royal But enough of this silliness.

:lol:

You are insufferable.

At least EP is admitting that his annoyance at the last 2 results might be clouding his thinking a bit. You however take great delight in pointing out how wrong we both are, making stuff up & then writing a load of drivel to cover your ass when it's pointed out that you are talking rubbish.

Goodnight.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Mar 2015 23:44

Ian Royal

ORLY?
MmmMonsterMunch

You really are a fcuking twat.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 02 Mar 2015 11:53

We could be 21st (thats 4th bottom) by 10pm tomorrow night yet 171 of you are happy with Clarke.....

:|

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 02 Mar 2015 12:15

TBM We could be 21st (thats 4th bottom) by 10pm tomorrow night yet 171 of you are happy with Clarke.....

:|

That 171 will include people who voted when he first came in and there seemed to be a fair measure of improvement. They may not all vote that way if asked again.

363 posts