Last Chance For Lita?

366 posts
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 13 Dec 2007 14:06

royal madrid I too went to a top London night spot after having already consumed far more than was good for me on Saturday. I then proceeded to jump up and down, sweat in an unbecoming manner, behave with lecherous intent (don't tell Mrs. Madrid) toward EVERY SINGLE WOMAN THERE and then stumbled back home only to vomit quite graphically prior to the sophorific clink clink of the cocoa spoon or indeed the ding ding seconds out of boxing. Does this mean that I am a bad example to younger Reading fans? If so, where should I go to hang my head in shame? Does anybody possess an HD mirror so that I can take a 'long hard look' at myself?

No offence though - Royal Madrid - I assume that you are nobody in terms of the public eye? No-one really is interested in what you get up to on a night out, save Mrs Madrid :wink: . To compare yourself and Lita in such a way in terms of making a point really is very wide of the mark, much like LL's finishing this season.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 Dec 2007 14:17

floyd__streete
royal madrid I too went to a top London night spot after having already consumed far more than was good for me on Saturday. I then proceeded to jump up and down, sweat in an unbecoming manner, behave with lecherous intent (don't tell Mrs. Madrid) toward EVERY SINGLE WOMAN THERE and then stumbled back home only to vomit quite graphically prior to the sophorific clink clink of the cocoa spoon or indeed the ding ding seconds out of boxing. Does this mean that I am a bad example to younger Reading fans? If so, where should I go to hang my head in shame? Does anybody possess an HD mirror so that I can take a 'long hard look' at myself?

No offence though - Royal Madrid - I assume that you are nobody in terms of the public eye? No-one really is interested in what you get up to on a night out, save Mrs Madrid :wink: . To compare iyourself and Lita in such a way in terms of making a point really is very wide of the mark, much like LL's finishing this season.

people being interested in his behaviour, and that being important arent the same thing though

i certainly dont look to premiere league football stars for moral guidance-they are role models in terms of their football, but i dont subscribe to the view that their behaviour matters to the general public in any way

hacving said that it does look, with the reports from aboard that we are contacting clubs regarding both laft backs and strikers that both he and shorey look to be gone in jan.
i would suggest that its for for personal, financial and footballing reasons
raher than due to behaviour or attitude though

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Dec 2007 14:18

royal madrid Hello.

I too went to a top London night spot after having already consumed far more than was good for me on Saturday. I then proceeded to jump up and down, sweat in an unbecoming manner, behave with lecherous intent (don't tell Mrs. Madrid) toward EVERY SINGLE WOMAN THERE and then stumbled back home only to vomit quite graphically prior to the sophorific clink clink of the cocoa spoon or indeed the ding ding seconds out of boxing. Does this mean that I am a bad example to younger Reading fans? If so, where should I go to hang my head in shame? Does anybody possess an HD mirror so that I can take a 'long hard look' at myself?

Bemused

And who exactly are you representing when you do this? Just yourself, presumably? What about if you were publicly recognisable as being associated with a particular organisation? Would that organisation have a right to object?

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 13 Dec 2007 14:18

Just out of interest, if Lita was white, would he still be described as a "wannabe gangster"...?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Dec 2007 14:18

Vision
Royal Rother Perhaps we should run potential subjects for discussion about RFC past Vision before we start exchanging views in future.

And now you're responding in exactly the way that you accuse others of. Very mature.

What rot. Where have I suggested that debate is unworthy if the views expressed don't agree with mine?

You said it was "certainly not worthy of restarting the whole debate all over again" and asked whether "you really think this latest incident is worthy of the level of response its got."

I am merely suggesting that it is not actually your place to set the agenda. HNA is an open forum to ALL RFC supporters, and the agenda rather sets itself.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 Dec 2007 14:22

Royal Rother
Vision
Royal Rother Perhaps we should run potential subjects for discussion about RFC past Vision before we start exchanging views in future.

And now you're responding in exactly the way that you accuse others of. Very mature.

What rot. Where have I suggested that debate is unworthy if the views expressed don't agree with mine?

You said it was "certainly not worthy of restarting the whole debate all over again" and asked whether "you really think this latest incident is worthy of the level of response its got."

I am merely suggesting that it is not actually your place to set the agenda. HNA is an open forum to ALL RFC supporters, and the agenda rather sets itself.

you didnt just say that though did you
youve also insulted peoples general intelligence, their literacy, and ability to reason
aswell as posted condecending comments about playground insults

plus others i cant be arsed to trawl for

keep up the good work though
most entertaining

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Dec 2007 14:23

Yorkshire Royal Just out of interest, if Lita was white, would he still be described as a "wannabe gangster"...?

If he behaved in exactly the same way, yes - although I'd probably spell it "gangsta". Lots of the teenagers around here are "wannabe gangstas" as they strut down through the mean Ghetto streets of Yorktown Road, Sandhurst. And they're tossers, too.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 13 Dec 2007 14:27

Royal Rother
Vision

Er yes and i'm asking if you think its worth the amount of discussion given the actual incident. I'm not setting any agenda just asking a question and responding to a post from biscuitsrus and a question from Dirk Gently.

Please point out exactly where I've said you shouldn't discuss this. All i've said is that in my opinion given the actual incident it doesn't warrant the anti-Lita comments its garnered.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 13 Dec 2007 14:28

Just currently resisting the urge to claim all the Lita haters are racist...

Must.......not.........do..............it...............

Oh and Royal Rother. How do you cope with always being right? I ask, as it must be quite hard. Although I guess you could make a good living on gameshows... Oh and fantastic use of "what rot....".. Truly famous five like. Indeed.

royal madrid

by royal madrid » 13 Dec 2007 14:29

No offence taken.
It's just that I seem to remember growing up in a period when footballers weren't just drunk after the game, they were often sozzled during the encounter too. They were, moreover, mysogonists and bigots not averse to brawling in public and, whisper it, visiting houses of ill-repute when not availing us with their 'skills'.
My point is that I couldn't care less what Lita gets up to at night as it's neither novel or notable for a young wealthy man to over indulge.
Even on the pitch the evidence is that while he may be missing a few of the more simple chances his overall contribution is still second to none.
If he, and others, think they could earn more elsewhere. Or play more often etc. The by all means let them go.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 13 Dec 2007 14:29

Yorkshire Royal Just currently resisting the urge to claim all the Lita haters are racist...

Must.......not.........do..............it...............

Oh and Royal Rother. How do you cope with always being right? I ask, as it must be quite hard. Although I guess you could make a good living on gameshows... Oh and fantastic use of "what rot....".. Truly famous five like. Indeed.

well your critique of the use of the term "what rot" and also of famous five readers suggests that you do possess certain powers of discrimination, shall we go down mill to discuss this further?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Dec 2007 14:30

brendywendy
Royal Rother
Vision

youve also insulted peoples general intelligence, their literacy, and ability to reason

most entertaining

Please give examples.

My reference to playground insults was to Yorkshire Royal who had engagingly called me a twat and a silly little oxf*rd (but nicely bypassing the censorship on HNA) in successive posts.

Whose general intelligence have I called into question? Surely you can't be defending the indefensible Mr Cruiser? :lol:

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 13 Dec 2007 14:31

gus the teenage cow shall we go down mill

You sound like you are from Yorkshire mate......

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 Dec 2007 14:33

Royal Rother
brendywendy
Royal Rother
Vision

most entertaining

Please give examples.

My reference to playground insults was to Yorkshire Royal who had engagingly called me a twat and a silly little oxf*rd (but nicely bypassing the censorship on HNA) in successive posts.

Whose general intelligence have I called into question? Surely you can't be defending the indefensible Mr Cruiser? :lol:

no where did i suggest such insults were a bad thing

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 13 Dec 2007 14:38

I never really used the word Kunt on the playground though. Had I gone to school with you, then maybe I would have, but that's quite a digression. Just had a look back through the thread and cant find the offending post, but I am sure I was right.

Anyway, I stand by my comments. Your views on Lita have, repeatedly, made you a twat. It's like a one man campaign against him... And the fact that I am siding with Spacey worries me. It really does. But I think he has a point.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 13 Dec 2007 14:38

the irony here darlings and trust me that ic an recognise irony, i have a level 7 certificate and clearance to use level 8 is all the liberal laissez-fair bourgeois bohemian intelligentia are getting all moral and condescending and superior and high-horsey and sanctimonious and self-righteous(shite my thesarus is exploding!) about the moral and condescending and superior and high-horsey and sanctimonious and self-righteous attitude of the litalambasters/ards.....hmmm this inherent systematic and beautiful paradox withing HNA is the driving force and fulcrum of what is also known as human spirit or for want of a better word, soul.

you all love each other really?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 Dec 2007 14:42

Gus the teenage cow the irony here darlings and trust me that ic an recognise irony, i have a level 7 certificate and clearance to use level 8 is all the liberal laissez-fair bourgeois bohemian intelligentia are getting all moral and condescending and superior and high-horsey and sanctimonious and self-righteous(shite my thesarus is exploding!) about the moral and condescending and superior and high-horsey and sanctimonious and self-righteous attitude of the litalambasters/ards.....hmmm this inherent systematic and beautiful paradox withing HNA is the driving force and fulcrum of what is also known as human spirit or for want of a better word, soul.

you all love each other really?

sounds like a drunk russell brand

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 13 Dec 2007 14:43

Thats probably your best ever post..

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Dec 2007 14:48

royal madrid No offence taken.
It's just that I seem to remember growing up in a period when footballers weren't just drunk after the game, they were often sozzled during the encounter too. They were, moreover, mysogonists and bigots not averse to brawling in public and, whisper it, visiting houses of ill-repute when not availing us with their 'skills'.
My point is that I couldn't care less what Lita gets up to at night as it's neither novel or notable for a young wealthy man to over indulge.
Even on the pitch the evidence is that while he may be missing a few of the more simple chances his overall contribution is still second to none.
If he, and others, think they could earn more elsewhere. Or play more often etc. The by all means let them go.

If his overall contribution where second to none, he would still be in the side.

Doyle had a run of games without scoring but his overall contribution was of a high enough level to stay in the side. Lita's however was not. It's not even been high enough (either in training or on the pitch) to warrant a regular berth on the bench.

That, over and above everything, else is the crux of the matter.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Dec 2007 14:53

Yorkshire Royal Your views on Lita have, repeatedly, made you a twat. It's like a one man campaign against him... And the fact that I am siding with Spacey worries me. It really does. But I think he has a point.

Unlike many, I have used no insulting language about Lita, ever.

There is no campaign; I just post my opinions about the merits of the player and the alternatives. I contribute to ongoing discussions about him without starting a thread since the officially bored one which was over a year ago now. I call his attitude into question without saying "he has a bad attitude". Pray, how does this make me a twat?

I am merely concerned that he is simply not producing the goods for the club and may not actually be an ideal employee / striker for us, as evidenced by his record on the pitch in the PL.

Anything else is simply a figment of your imagination.

366 posts