LITA GONE OUT ON LOAN

407 posts
Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

Re: LITA GONE OUT ON LOAN

by Readingfanman » 05 Mar 2008 21:48

Row Z Royal Maybe it's time for Seol to take his chance.

I think it is surely time to blood the youngsters such as Cox?

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 05 Mar 2008 21:51

Readingfanman
Row Z Royal Maybe it's time for Seol to take his chance.

I think it is surely time to blood the youngsters such as Cox?

i personally think halford should play up there for his height and long throws

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 05 Mar 2008 22:25

Royal Rother
BR2 IIRC he was often a sub in the qualifying stages and don't forget one of the most horrendous misses of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR0bdb5FK1g

It still makes me chuckle to this day.

Still, let's not forget, he's a top top striker as he's shown every time he's played in the Premier League since the Euro Tournament, and he should definitely be starting every week.

If that makes you chuckle just show's what a sad lonely twat you are to search you tube.

Trouble with you rother if somebody has a slight go at you, you can't take it on your chins !

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 05 Mar 2008 22:36

I've not read the whole thread.
If we need him back to cover injury / suspensions, can't we just call Charlton and say so ?

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 05 Mar 2008 22:43

As you would expect there's a lot of 'constructive criticism' - 'Coppell you t*sser,' 'lost the plot' etc. - and a few people exploding with rage whenever anyone dares to question Coppell, neither of which are that helpful. At the moment we have a striker who hasn't scored with his feet all season, an 'impact' player who's scored twice this season, and Kitson. Lita has barely had a sniff this season and I think he deserved a sustained run in the team, as the forwards (Kitson aside) have not contributed enough. However we don't know what goes on behind the scenes - Lita may have been working his nuts off or he may have been sulking and not trying. Either way Coppell doesn't strike me as the sort who would let a simple personality clash get in the way of picking the best team. Either Lita hasn't shown enough in training to convince Coppell to put him in the squad (which seems unlikely) or there are other reasons. Point is, as DG said, much of the 'informed discussion' on here is wild speculation.

Whatever the situation is I can't see the logic in this. He scored 8 in 8 last season and Reading, as said above, are not exactly swimming in goals at the moment. He may not be a natural poacher as some have said but he can hold the ball up well, has some pace and is lethal when on form. I think he may have been more suited to Matejovsky's frequent 'killer balls' as he offers a more dynamic option and more movement than the other strikers, there can't be anything to gain for Reading from loaning him out and what was there to lose from keeping him? Unless he was disrupting the squad, which none of us will know, I think he should have been given a chance, if he hadn't scored much then he'd be doing no worse than our current strikers, if he had found form then he could have lifted us out of the relegation battle.

Anyway Coppell has made his decision now. I hope for his sake and for ours that Long, Doyle and Kitson contribute fully to our survival bid, otherwise some serious questions will be asked of Coppell's judgement in this case, and people will be entitled to ask them.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 05 Mar 2008 22:51

Its an absolute joke.

Leroy is a knob off the pitch, but the best forward we have on it.

I will reserve judgement with Coppell for now. But if we go down, im going to blame the management for letting our only natural goalscorer leave the club.

Big gamble, hope for coppells sake it pays off.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 05 Mar 2008 23:06

The most bizarre thing. I just cannot make any sense of it. We can't score goals, so we reduce the number of forwards we have.

As I've said on here before, anyone who thinks Shane Long is a better selection than Lita would be well advised to drop the football for a passtime less demanding of rational thought.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 05 Mar 2008 23:22

Armadillo Roadkill The most bizarre thing. I just cannot make any sense of it. We can't score goals, so we reduce the number of forwards we have.

As I've said on here before, anyone who thinks Shane Long is a better selection than Lita would be well advised to drop the football for a passtime less demanding of rational thought.

Personally I would put Long ahead of Lita as he has performed reasonably well off the bench in recent weeks before finally getting a start against Boro. However to let Lita go does not make sense as it simply reduces Coppell's options. If any of our strikers are injured the cupboard is bare.
I can only think that Lita demanded first team action and Charlton is the end result.
I cannot see Lita staying in the summer and he may well have played his last game for the club but as SKDD rightly points out why wasn't he sold in January and another striker brought in...it is bizarre.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 05 Mar 2008 23:33

Is 16 pages in just over 13 hours a record on HNA?

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 05 Mar 2008 23:46

The 17 Bus would this be a good place to repost my post from the other Lita Thread??

The 17 Bus, Sun 02 Mar 2008 15:55
Lita will be going out on loan in the near future, you heard it here first, and no source.

Some folk need to see how football works, I still will not be able to reveal any source, suffice to say this move is best for all at this moment in time.

Hmmmm

clauski

by clauski » 06 Mar 2008 00:02

I think it's a poor decision and I have a lot of sympathy for Lita. He's not set the world alight with the limited chances he's had this season but I do think Coppell has repeatedly singled him out unfairly. Some posters have said what about Fae, Bikey etc who also haven't had the chances but haven't spoken to the media etc but this isn't purely Lita's doing - there's a reason that he has a higher media focus because he is a good goalscorer right when we need one and came into this season off a good summer with high expectation. And I do think if I had heard Coppell talk about making changes, goalscorers not doing the business etc before Middlesbrough then found myself not even on the bench I would be seriously peed off too and find it difficult not to vent that frustration if asked about it. He may not be our long term solution but he's needed right now. Good luck to him at Charlton, but leave some luck for us.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Mar 2008 00:03

Basingstoke Royal Its an absolute joke.

sweet jesus. No he isn't. Kitson is - and has proved that over a number of seasons.

Lita's is certainly not the messiah that the retards on this thread seem to think he is.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 06 Mar 2008 00:08

leon
Basingstoke Royal Its an absolute joke.

sweet jesus. No he isn't. Kitson is - and has proved that over a number of seasons.

Lita's is certainly not the messiah that the retards on this thread seem to think he is.

Not sure that people are retards for questioning why we are going into a crucial month with only three strikers on board...surely that lessens Coppell's options? Lita is not a messiah but at a time when our current first choice strikers dont have a single goal to their respective names this year it is a baffling decision.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 06 Mar 2008 00:16

So does anyone know if there's a recall clause in the loan agreement ?
If there is, all this talk of 'only got 3 strikers, what if one gets injured' is silly.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 06 Mar 2008 00:21

Horsham Royal So does anyone know if there's a recall clause in the loan agreement ?
If there is, all this talk of 'only got 3 strikers, what if one gets injured' is silly.

Not sure its silly because even if there is a recall option(I dont know if there is) what state of mind will Lita be in?? Will he want to play for the club?? Who knows....I dont think its helpful that he has been shipped out when our strikers have not scored in months.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: LITA GONJE OUT ON LOAN

by The whole year inn » 06 Mar 2008 00:25

Stooper Perhaps trying to kick the shit out of Hunt & Murty in the dressing room last week had something to with this?

Good move by Coppell, the rest of the team will be able to keep morale better.

Oh and as for Cox, they told him to sod off becasue he wanted parity with Shorey on wages.

SSC has got this one spot on.

Was Murty even in the dressing room last week, being injured and all that?

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 06 Mar 2008 00:39

oh well as we all know we dont change a 'winning' team so doyle and long upfront it is then on sat, how long before kitson starts to get cheesed off?!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Mar 2008 01:44

PEARCEY
Horsham Royal So does anyone know if there's a recall clause in the loan agreement ?

Not sure its silly because even if there is a recall option(I dont know if there is) what state of mind will Lita be in?? Will he want to play for the club?? Who knows....I dont think its helpful that he has been shipped out when our strikers have not scored in months.

`
I think it is silly.

As I say above, if it's a recall deal then it's actually a GOOD move.

What's better: playing for the reserves or playing meaningful football with a team fighting for promotion back the the Premiership? Getting experience with Charlton will be much better for him. And if we can recall him when we want then that sounds perfek surely?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 06 Mar 2008 07:26

earleyroyal At the moment we have a striker who hasn't scored with his feet all season

Do you mean Kevin Doyle?? :D

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Mar 2008 08:17

Horsham Royal I've not read the whole thread.
If we need him back to cover injury / suspensions, can't we just call Charlton and say so ?

Don't think you can do that in the first 28 days (can't find the exact regulation but the following quotes would appear to support that view):

"If after the initial 28 day loan period the loan is extended, the parent club will be able to recall the player at 24 hours notice."

'As regards the Moore move to West Brom, O'Neill confirmed: "They have met the asking price. They have agreed the fee. I am not asking for a loan fee because I have a chance of getting him back at the end of 28 days. You are not likely to ask someone for a fee if there is a possibility of a recall.'

If I am right, then we have exposed ourselves to the risk of injury/suspension taking out one (or more) of our remaining three strikers for up to three crucial games. Madness!!

Ideal Just a small selection of quotes which sum up the situation nicely.
I'm glad Lita has gone. Now the rest of the squad can pull together without his sulking egomaniac presence disrupting the team spirit. This actually strengthens our team.

So according to those quotes (none of which come from 'insiders'), Kevin Dillon must be a very cynical liar going, as he did, on the radio only last Saturday to describe Lita's attitude as 'brilliant'.

I really hope your assessment of 'strengthening the team' is proved correct come the end of the season, otherwise Coppell penned his resignation yesterday.

clauski I think it's a poor decision and I have a lot of sympathy for Lita. He's not set the world alight with the limited chances he's had this season but I do think Coppell has repeatedly singled him out unfairly. Some posters have said what about Fae, Bikey etc who also haven't had the chances but haven't spoken to the media etc but this isn't purely Lita's doing -

Agree with what you are saying but would point out that Fae has spoken to the media on at least two occasions (one, long before Lita said anything) about his disappointment and bemusement at not being given first team football - therefore every bit as much of a 'trouble maker' as Lita!

407 posts