CONFIRMED - Glenn Little Loan move

334 posts
Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: CONFIRMED - Glenn Little Loan move

by Wycombe Royal » 09 Mar 2009 11:08

Woodcote Royal
Irvinchangeyaname
Alivey Another backwards step for Reading FC if we manage to go up it will be EMBARASSING

Absolutely. If we go up with Little in the squad, I shall barely be able to show my face outside. Christ, the humiliation :roll:

What utter drivel.

All we care about now is getting there. Try reading the large print that says "Loan".

Little could be our worst acquisition in a decade but he's played in Europe for Pompey this season, which would suggest there's a good chance of him not causing too much embarrassment to the muppet factor that lurks within our fan base.

Anyone who can't face their Man U supporting friends thanks to this transfer would be better off joining them.......................growing up, of course, would also be an option.

THat is one of the best whoooshes for quite a while on here, and it couldn't have been taken by anyone better....... ;)

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 09 Mar 2009 11:22

Stranded
Maguire This is the best news ever.

It's a total no-lose situation for Reading and you lot all need to calm the fck down about it being a massive blow to Henry. He's just not good enough yet and getting The Best Reading Player Of All Time on loan for a couple of months doesn't mean the end of his career.

Hear, bloody, hear.

double 'greed and +1s all round

Great news but unsurprisingly even the return of the white pele is seen as a bad thing by some of the dolts on here. Happy days and if it was up to me he'd start tomorrow, harsh on Parky but there you go.

specialjon

by specialjon » 09 Mar 2009 11:27

The greatest bit about this news is, Sir steve is actually doing something!!! Last season he just put his head in the sand and watched us slowley drift into a relegation battle and then get relegated. At least this time he's trying to do something. It would be good if he bought in another striker on loan to give us something different up top but i think that's asking to much. The only worry I have is the last time he brought in players on loan at this time of the season was Keown and Sir Les and look how that turned out......

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 09 Mar 2009 11:36

specialjon The greatest bit about this news is, Sir steve is actually doing something!!! Last season he just put his head in the sand and watched us slowley drift into a relegation battle and then get relegated. At least this time he's trying to do something. It would be good if he bought in another striker on loan to give us something different up top but i think that's asking to much. The only worry I have is the last time he brought in players on loan at this time of the season was Keown and Sir Les and look how that turned out......

IF he plays him.

This was my birthday present given to all of you as well, excellent stuff to have a proper footballer who can play out wide. I would love to see him replace Hunt with Kebe going over o the left. Hunt's performances since Christmas have been utterly dreadful yet he gets picked every week, everyone else seems to have a timescale with regards to performance, Hunt's has expired.

So Tabb, Harding and now Little joined up since January, maybe we might get to see them play one day. As for a forward i would be totally in favour of that. I think now is Long's chance if he doesn't bring one in though.

For some bizarre reason Noel (>>>>Stephen) Hunt has fallen out of favour a bit, he gave Lita the opportunity on the back of his excellent loan spell but it didn't work, Long has come in done well by all accounts, i think it's make or break time for him and he's got to do it now.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 09 Mar 2009 13:27

specialjon The only worry I have is the last time he brought in players on loan at this time of the season was Keown and Sir Les and look how that turned out......

...and the time before that was when a certain Glen Little came here on loan in 2003 and was, to be fair, pretty crap.

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 09 Mar 2009 13:33

Great news this - shows SSC still doesn't trust Henry but with 10 games to go I am glad he is being positive

If we don't go up, I want to see Pearce, Karacan, Henry, Robson-Kanu, Siggurdson and Kelly getting some more games next year as some of the older players are fazed out or leave

roberto_11

by roberto_11 » 09 Mar 2009 13:49

Royal Rother
specialjon The only worry I have is the last time he brought in players on loan at this time of the season was Keown and Sir Les and look how that turned out......

...and the time before that was when a certain Glen Little came here on loan in 2003 and was, to be fair, pretty crap.

That was Pardew who first brought in Little

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 09 Mar 2009 14:09

He'll probably give him a few weeks to bed in and get used to the surroundings and pace of the Championship. :roll:

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 09 Mar 2009 14:34

shaka's shorts If we don't go up, I want to see Pearce, Karacan, Henry, Robson-Kanu, Siggurdson and Kelly getting some more games next year as some of the older players are fazed out or leave

Everyone loves to see some home-grown players play.
I can certainly see Pearce, Karacan and Henry make the step up to the first team, with R-K, Sig and Kelly getting some sub appearances.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 09 Mar 2009 14:35

shaka's shorts Great news this - shows SSC still doesn't trust Henry but with 10 games to go I am glad he is being positive

If we don't go up, I want to see Pearce, Karacan, Henry, Robson-Kanu, Siggurdson and Kelly getting some more games next year as some of the older players are fazed out or leave

.............and a fight against relegation.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 09 Mar 2009 14:47

Royal Rother

LOL, I remember him playing away at Pompey getting beat 3-0 and I thought we actually had actually stolen a donkey then stuck him in a Reading kit and put it in the team. Then he turned out to be the dogs swingers.
Last edited by who are ya? on 09 Mar 2009 14:50, edited 1 time in total.

lovetoscore

by lovetoscore » 09 Mar 2009 14:49

Good news but when does he start first team football-August?!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 09 Mar 2009 16:53

It's a loan deal for someone who doesnt need time settling in!!

Not really a gamble and could turn out to be just what we need. Anything will be better than s.hunt and his shocking crossing!!

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 09 Mar 2009 16:58

I hate to be glib and come on here with I told you so comments, but I'm so genuinely pleased about this and it does just go to show that some rumours that you hear do come true!

I was first told about this by one of the Portsmouth backroom staff in November last year, so it always goes to show how long and drawn out negotiations can take between clubs!

Welcome back Glenn - god do we need you now that Kebe has been found out for what he is - a one trick useless pony!

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 09 Mar 2009 17:03

Nezhen I hate to be glib and come on here with I told you so comments, but I'm so genuinely pleased about this and it does just go to show that some rumours that you hear do come true!

I was first told about this by one of the Portsmouth backroom staff in November last year, so it always goes to show how long and drawn out negotiations can take between clubs!

Welcome back Glenn - god do we need you now that Kebe has been found out for what he is - a one trick useless pony!

mate you serious? a one trick useless pony? try looking at stephen hunt. i dont want this thread turning into a kebe thread but he has been far from useless this season. drop shunt and stick kebe out left and little on right. the only reason kebe has had a some dodgy games is because teams have started doubling up on him as he is such a threat. idiot!!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 09 Mar 2009 17:15

hughsies no.1
Nezhen I hate to be glib and come on here with I told you so comments, but I'm so genuinely pleased about this and it does just go to show that some rumours that you hear do come true!

mate you serious? a one trick useless pony? try looking at stephen hunt. i dont want this thread turning into a kebe thread but he has been far from useless this season. drop shunt and stick kebe out left and little on right. the only reason kebe has had a some dodgy games is because teams have started doubling up on him as he is such a threat. idiot!!

Kebe and Hunt are both shit, there.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 09 Mar 2009 17:20

Team Talk are utter shite:

Reading boss Steve Coppell may hand a second debut to Glen Little in Tuesday night's Championship clash with Charlton at the Madejski Stadium.

Third!!

Loan, signed perm, loan. :roll:

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 09 Mar 2009 17:23

I can't imagine Little starting for us - and he'll have to get accustomed to his team-mates once again, some of whom he's hardly ever palyed a match with. Still, it is excellent news. I hope that SSC has explained to Kebe and Henry that Little is here to help improve their game, as well as to give the team a boost. A bit of mentoring from Blakey might just improve the two of them ...

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 09 Mar 2009 17:27

Upper West Ginger I can't imagine Little starting for us - and he'll have to get accustomed to his team-mates once again, some of whom he's hardly ever palyed a match with. Still, it is excellent news. I hope that SSC has explained to Kebe and Henry that Little is here to help improve their game, as well as to give the team a boost. A bit of mentoring from Blakey might just improve the two of them ...

Can you imagine Kebe's pace combined with Little's control, trickery and delivery.........

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 09 Mar 2009 17:29

Royalee
hughsies no.1

Kebe and Hunt are both shit, there.

youre shit

:lol:

334 posts