Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Friday's Legacy » 08 May 2012 20:24

You can be a chairman and not own a football club. He has been asked to remain Chairman for at least two more years and then will be offered the role of Life President.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 08 May 2012 22:15

Madejski is only going to be Chairman until September 2013 - unless something really goes wrong in the next year.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 May 2012 10:31

Man Friday F**k knows what's going on (and I doubt we'll ever find out, company accounts or not) but one thing's for sure, SJM will want his "loans" (every other owner's investments) repaid, that's for sure.

Which other owners are that then? There may be a few, but from what I've seen the majority of investment is reported as 'loans'.

I'm not too worried about this dragging out in terms of the actual deal falling through, but I am getting a bit frustrated because it must mean we're losing a bit of the advantage we had by going up earlier than others and so being able to tie up transfer business that bit earlier.

One of the things I think we've done badly over the last however many years, is leaving our business too late. This was an opportunity to get ahead of the game but with the PL dragging their feet on ratifying the takeover we're presumably having to keep our powder dry a bit.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 09 May 2012 11:29

Seriously, Madejski and the other board members maybe clueless when it comes to football but they aren't when it comes to business - they wouldn't have let it go this far without doing their own checks, knowing full well the FL/PL would look into AZ.

UNLESS we have been using them, to boost our profile and get the signings/contracts etc and then once we're PL selling to another buyer :lol:

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 09 May 2012 11:45

One thing's for certain, if the deal is off we'll first hear about it in the Daily Mail.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 May 2012 11:46

Friday's Legacy - how do YOU know so much about what goes on at the club, out of interest?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 May 2012 11:51

I won't believe anything until CamberleyRoyal has confirmed it

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 09 May 2012 11:52

Royal Lady Friday's Legacy - how do YOU know so much about what goes on at the club, out of interest?

It doesn't matter how or what I know. My record has been spot on with a few that have come in, and a bit on TSI; also knowing about their announcement days in advance, almost word for word in parts. I don't claim to know everything that's going on, far from it, but I'll share what I can when I can, and share more with those that I trust on here - and do so.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 09 May 2012 11:58

But SJM said this was going through last week? Or was it the week before?

There is quite clearly something up with the deal. The Premier League would have to have a deadline to carry out these checks. They couldn't just say "give us all your financial details and we'll get back to you sometime before he season starts" because firstly the club needs to start planning and buying for next year and secondly, no business in he world works in such an open ended way.

The updates from the club have been minimal and utterly useless. Is there anyone left who thinks that everything is absolutely fine and that there is not a single cause for alarm?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 09 May 2012 12:02

Ups and Downs But SJM said this was going through last week? Or was it the week before?

There is quite clearly something up with the deal. The Premier League would have to have a deadline to carry out these checks. They couldn't just say "give us all your financial details and we'll get back to you sometime before he season starts" because firstly the club needs to start planning and buying for next year and secondly, no business in he world works in such an open ended way.

The updates from the club have been minimal and utterly useless. Is there anyone left who thinks that everything is absolutely fine and that there is not a single cause for alarm?

Nobody knows anything so by default the answer to your question is 'no.'

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 09 May 2012 12:04

It's a shame we don't have a proper journalist actually trying to find out what's going on.

Jonny bend-over Fordham is currently 'waiting' for news. Why isn't the guy on the phone to the PL? Or camped out down at the hotel trying to get some sense of the activities behind the scenes.

The next few days could be absolutely crucial in terms of the clubs future, and the guy is sitting in his office waiting for his masters to call with an 'exclusive'.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 09 May 2012 12:09

Johnny Fordham and the evening post are the clubs shill, they post what they are told, he'll never risk his job by getting all investigative. The paper he works for is too small.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 09 May 2012 12:11

^Yep. Which is why the club are able to maintain their 'fcuk off everyone, we talk when we want' approach to PR. They know that nobody is going to seriously question it.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 09 May 2012 12:13

I don't do twitter, but from what I gather the guy blocks everyone who dares to question him.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 09 May 2012 12:15

winchester_royal ^Yep. Which is why the club are able to maintain their 'fcuk off everyone, we talk when we want' approach to PR. They know that nobody is going to seriously question it.

Why doesn't someone act as a journalist and contact the PL

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 09 May 2012 12:20

Can someone make sure a new thread is started when this does/doesn't go through please?

having to go through all the shit in here for some facts is a pretty painful process

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 09 May 2012 12:23

TBM
winchester_royal ^Yep. Which is why the club are able to maintain their 'fcuk off everyone, we talk when we want' approach to PR. They know that nobody is going to seriously question it.

Why doesn't someone act as a journalist and contact the PL

give me a number for someone in the PL thatll answer that

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 09 May 2012 12:33

Friday's Legacy The delay is all down to proof of funding and nothing else. I'm told this is very complicated due to Chris Samuelson covering real investors. Still feel the takeover is likely.

Dead dodgy all this.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 May 2012 12:34

Friday's Legacy Re: BBTSB's post about AZ

Anton has been out of the country for a week - but I'm told that is nothing to worry about and no reflection of the takeover.

Re: The delay with the PL

The delay is all down to proof of funding and nothing else. I'm told this is very complicated due to Chris Samuelson covering real investors. Still feel the takeover is likely.

Which is, I believe, what I said, many pages ago....

Have you just rung your source for details or something?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 09 May 2012 12:36

I don't really see what all the fuss is about.

If TSI take over and invest loads of money it will be a fun ride.

If TSI don't take over we will revert to the normal Reading way of signing a few free transfers and expecting Brian to work yet another miracle. Steve Coppell did it in 2006 -7. All we bought in summer 2006 were Seol, Sodje, De La Cruz, Bikey and Mate and we ended up 8th. In a way it is more fun being small little Reading against the world.

Even if there are no new buyers and we come down again then at least we have 4 years parachute payments this time.

And as for TSI we owe them a massive debt of gratitude whatever - because without their influence there would have been no chance of getting Roberts et al and we almost certainly would not have been promoted. So thanks Anton - whatever the future holds.

5145 posts