Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
Vision
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Vision » 09 May 2012 13:25

Chaney business as usual at the club i guess, they don`t have a clue there is 173 pages of discussion on HNA.

3 pages of discussion and 170 pages of a pissing contest.

royalhaven

by royalhaven » 09 May 2012 13:25

URZZZZZZZZ Anton has been in Miami since last Tuesday

hmmm, the MLS is looking to put a new franchise in Miami and a deal with Barcelona fell through (true actually), maybe...

Bring Back The SB

by Bring Back The SB » 09 May 2012 13:26

Vision
Chaney business as usual at the club i guess, they don`t have a clue there is 173 pages of discussion on HNA.

Which you've just added too.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 09 May 2012 13:29

Bring Back The SB
Vision

Which you've just added too.

Just stating the facts.

I'm all for it tbh. Everyone knows how boring the close season is, I reckon the deal has already been done but they're holding fire on telling us just so they can laugh their Russian nuts off at us on here.

Cypry

by Cypry » 09 May 2012 13:34

Vision Everyone knows how boring the close season is, I reckon the deal has already been done but they're holding fire on telling us just so they can laugh their Russian nuts off at us on here.

Possibly - they might even want to tie up a couple of signings first so they can announce a whole heap of good news in one go......who knows?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 May 2012 13:35

winchester_royal
Royal Lady I've never asked him to reveal his source - certainly not in my comment above - he suddenly seemed to know a bit more about the AZ leaving the country story - so I concluded that he must have just contacted his source to find out what's currently happening. What's wrong with asking whether that is the case? :|

Royal Lady Friday's Legacy - how do YOU know so much about what goes on at the club, out of interest?

Royal Lady Friday's Legacy - just out of interest, how do YOU know so much about what goes on at the club?

Royal Lady Oh and TBM, I appear to have ruffled Friday's Legacy's feathers by asking him how he knows so much about the club! :wink:

I may be wrong here RL, but I presumed that asking these sorts of questions were along the lines of asking him to reveal his source.

Well you are wrong! I haven't asked, nor would I, anyone to reveal their sources! If that happened, there would be no source! I just assumed that FL must have got onto his source in order to find out the latest, after the BBTSB rumour - and, it seems, the source contacted him instead. So the source reads HNA and must be connected with the club in some way. That's all I, or anybody else, needs to know. They might even know my source! :wink:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 09 May 2012 13:39

And your source is :?

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 09 May 2012 13:40

HP

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 09 May 2012 13:45

Cypry
Vision Everyone knows how boring the close season is, I reckon the deal has already been done but they're holding fire on telling us just so they can laugh their Russian nuts off at us on here.

Possibly - they might even want to tie up a couple of signings first so they can announce a whole heap of good news in one go......who knows?

I know of course but my source is so influential at the club that if I said anything it would be obvious who'd leaked it.

I'm with you and your previous post though. It's not affecting our transfer strategy at all so why all hand wringing. We're clearly going after young(ish) talent who are hungry to make the step up and are within a set budget. If/when the deal is offcially confirmed there may be the odd marquee signing added to the mix but overall it appears to be making no difference at this moment in time

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 May 2012 13:46

So, if the deal doesn't go ahead, you reckon McD will still be with us in 3 years Vision?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 09 May 2012 13:49

That depends on far too many things that I can't imagine anyone would want to make a guess.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 09 May 2012 13:51

Royal Lady So, if the deal doesn't go ahead, you reckon McD will still be with us in 3 years Vision?

If the deal does go through do you reckon he'll still be with us in 3 years?

He might be a huge success with or without TSI.
He might make an absolute pigs ear of it with or without TSI.

What happens in the next few weeks is unlikely to have much bearing on where McD is managing in 2015. 3 years is a long time in football management.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 09 May 2012 14:03

So we still don't know what is happening?

Someone should ring London fucking Irish.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 09 May 2012 14:05

Friday's Legacy I'm told this is very complicated due to Chris Samuelson covering real investors.

My source told me there are no other investors - its just Anton and his Dad

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 09 May 2012 14:09

southbank1871
Extended-Phenotype So we still don't know what is happening?

The fukking micks would certainly know

Quite. Seems like Anton is chatting to everyone appart from Journo's and RFC.

How about dropping a line to B&Q? I expect Anton has nipped in there to buy some curtain rings and has probably divulged the deals demise with the till staff.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 09 May 2012 14:23

Extended-Phenotype
southbank1871
Extended-Phenotype So we still don't know what is happening?

The fukking micks would certainly know

Quite. Seems like Anton is chatting to everyone appart from Journo's and RFC.

How about dropping a line to B&Q? I expect Anton has nipped in there to buy some curtain rings and has probably divulged the deals demise with the till staff.

Thats the real issue. Anton was turned down for a store card as he didn't have two proofs of address. He's fuming!

B&Q Credit Check >>>>>>PL FAPPP.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 May 2012 14:42

winchester_royal
Hoop Blah Fordham and the Post are far too closely tied in to the club for their jobs and circulation to push to hard or ever be too critical these days. The whole thing nearly went bust not too long ago and so they're not going to ruffle too many feathers are they?

Now we're back in the Premier League the nationals will take a bit more notice and so we might see a bit more attention to this kind of things once they're having a slower news day.

It's not about being critical, it's just about showing some sort of gumption and an investigative nature.

When was the last time Fordham gave us a scoop that we weren't already aware of?

Perhaps critical was the wrong choice of word.

Doing anything that the clubs sees as unwanted attention or going 'off message' so to speak will threaten his relationship with the club. The Post can't risk that and so they'll pretty much tow the clubs line and do as their told.

If they were to break a big scoop about a transfer target when the club wanted to keep it hush hush, further access to players and the management etc might not be so forth coming. The club needs the paper to a certain extent too of course (although much less so than before the internet came along) so they'll keep him sweet with enough access and information as possible, but it's an odd relationship in some ways.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 09 May 2012 14:47

I understand what it is you're saying, and it certainly appears to be the case, however it does mean that the EP is just basically an extension of RFC's marketing team.

But I guess if all the paper wants is to be fed soundbites which are then regurgitated in pretty awful narrative then there's no need to push the boat out.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 09 May 2012 15:01

Id like to think that every now and then Fordham would bring an exclusive...but as stated, he just continually brings up old news thats already in the public domain ...on Twitter hes continually plugging to Get Reading for the latest...but his latest is hours/days old ....and im sure he sources most from here ..as a journalist its expected I guess

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 09 May 2012 15:05

Hampshire Royal The comment made when the deal was first announced was that there would be no more comment on the matter until the deal was decided.

^ this. And there's really nothing else to say until the PL give their approval.

5145 posts