Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

3239 posts
RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by RG30 » 18 Jul 2024 20:25

Just read on The Athletic that CBS have taken over the rights from ESPN for the EFL.

Wisconsin Royal

by Wisconsin Royal » 19 Jul 2024 00:04

Paramount+ it is then

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 19 Jul 2024 19:14

Wisconsin Royal Paramount+ it is then

I'm in Canada and can't get paramount plus!! sucks.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 Jul 2024 08:08

Crowbar6753

VPN ?

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 30 Jul 2024 15:45

Just perusing this page:

https://www.efl.com/how-to-watch/upcoming-tv-games/

And Reading doesn't seem to be listed in the Select a Club dropdown menu. Even though they've listed our away game at Birmingham as being on Sky.

Another punishment from the EFL? :?

mikey_1871

by mikey_1871 » 30 Jul 2024 15:49

Whore Jackie Just perusing this page:

https://www.efl.com/how-to-watch/upcoming-tv-games/

And Reading doesn't seem to be listed in the Select a Club dropdown menu. Even though they've listed our away game at Birmingham as being on Sky.

Another punishment from the EFL? :?

That list is a mess, only 17 clubs listed and a load are not in the right order!

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 30 Jul 2024 16:12

3 additional fixtures moved:

Crawley Town (H) - 19th October
Bristol Rovers (H) - 26th October
Lincoln City (A) - 21st December

All on Sky with 12:30pm kick-offs.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jul 2024 18:09

Franchise FC
Crowbar6753

VPN ?

For the cost of a VPN to subscribe to Paramount+, why wouldn’t you just subscribe to RoyalsTV?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 30 Jul 2024 20:37

Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC
Crowbar6753

VPN ?

For the cost of a VPN to subscribe to Paramount+, why wouldn’t you just subscribe to RoyalsTV?

I think the issue is who is covering the games that get moved which Royals TV don't cover. Last season it was ESPN so it was pretty straightforward if you were in the US but it appears they no longer have that contract.

I can't see a yearly option for Royals TV on the website at the moment but can't recall if the previous seasons that has been added very close to the season opener.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 30 Jul 2024 20:43

Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC
Crowbar6753

VPN ?

I guess their seems to be some uncertainty regarding "Royals TV' and whether they are still showing live games abroad? adding to that with SKY buying the rights to so many games will it be like the past three yrs that whenever a game is broadcast through Sky it is not available to Royals TV.
So if this is the case again then I'm pretty sure i read that Sky has to guarantee so many games per team and this amount is way more than in the past, so then is the package deal really worth it?
I could purchase a VPN plus Paramount+ and possibly cover the game that will not be shown by Royals TV but that then becomes very expensive indeed.
Adding to that, most SKY games seem to be moved to 12.30pm UK time which is 05.30am in Alberta. God i really do hate Sky!!!!!

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 30 Jul 2024 20:46

Vision
Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC VPN ?

I think the issue is who is covering the games that get moved which Royals TV don't cover. Last season it was ESPN so it was pretty straightforward if you were in the US but it appears they no longer have that contract.

I can't see a yearly option for Royals TV on the website at the moment but can't recall if the previous seasons that has been added very close to the season opener.

Hi Vision, I'm pretty sure it was added close to the season start. My Royals TV expires in two days so i guess I'll find out pretty soon. Maybe they will lower the price?

Farnham Royal

by Farnham Royal » 30 Jul 2024 21:57

Crowbar6753
Vision
Snowflake Royal For the cost of a VPN to subscribe to Paramount+, why wouldn’t you just subscribe to RoyalsTV?

Hi Vision, I'm pretty sure it was added close to the season start. My Royals TV expires in two days so i guess I'll find out pretty soon. Maybe they will lower the price?

Similar, mine expires August 5th so hopefully will hear then.

Farnham Royal

by Farnham Royal » 30 Jul 2024 21:58

Crowbar6753
Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC VPN ?

I guess their seems to be some uncertainty regarding "Royals TV' and whether they are still showing live games abroad? adding to that with SKY buying the rights to so many games will it be like the past three yrs that whenever a game is broadcast through Sky it is not available to Royals TV.
So if this is the case again then I'm pretty sure i read that Sky has to guarantee so many games per team and this amount is way more than in the past, so then is the package deal really worth it?
I could purchase a VPN plus Paramount+ and possibly cover the game that will not be shown by Royals TV but that then becomes very expensive indeed.
Adding to that, most SKY games seem to be moved to 12.30pm UK time which is 05.30am in Alberta. God i really do hate Sky!!!!!

= 4.30am here, I feel your pain.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 30 Jul 2024 23:04

Farnham Royal
Crowbar6753
Snowflake Royal For the cost of a VPN to subscribe to Paramount+, why wouldn’t you just subscribe to RoyalsTV?

Wow!! never realized "Farnham" to Reading was an 8hr time difference :D :D :D you must be Stateside on the west coast?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 31 Jul 2024 03:02

Farnham Royal
Crowbar6753

Assuming paramount plus work the same as ESPN did , it should be possible to watch it whenever you want.

The fact that there's a monthly pass for international viewers suggests games will be shown on Royals TV , its just whether they're doing a yearly option.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 31 Jul 2024 05:28

RG30 3 additional fixtures moved:

Yay :roll:

At least these are all still Saturdays, seen Shrewsbury vs Exeter (which was the same weekend as our game against Crawley) has been moved to a Thursday night.

Can't imagine many outside supporters' of each club would be interested in watching any of these games, but I'm guessing there's some sort of minimum each club has to be shown.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Jul 2024 07:37

Clyde1998

At least these are all still Saturdays, seen Shrewsbury vs Exeter (which was the same weekend as our game against Crawley) has been moved to a Thursday night.

Can't imagine many outside supporters' of each club would be interested in watching any of these games, but I'm guessing there's some sort of minimum each club has to be shown.

I believe each side will have 20 games live.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Jul 2024 09:57

Stranded
Clyde1998

Hoping that the long distance midweek aways will all be live for Reading.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Jul 2024 11:05

Sutekh
Stranded
Clyde1998 Yay :roll:

Hoping that the long distance midweek aways will all be live for Reading.

Am sure all midweek games count toward that quota.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 31 Jul 2024 12:52

Given that those three games (plus Birmingham) are the only Saturday matches involving Reading to be shown by Sky between now and the end of the year, I think you are right.

3239 posts