Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Royal With Cheese » 09 May 2012 15:21

PieEater
Hampshire Royal The comment made when the deal was first announced was that there would be no more comment on the matter until the deal was decided.

^ this. And there's really nothing else to say until the PL give their approval.

Or not as the case may be.

What a shit storm that'll cause on here if it happens!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 09 May 2012 15:39

If the deal doesn't go through at least it demonstrates that the PL are given the owners test a proper go of it.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 09 May 2012 15:52

no idea why it is taking too long. i think the club were pretty sure it would be completed by now. If the FL had any concerns then they would have so no to Anton, or at least passed the info onto the Premier League and it would have been rejected by now.

I think the fact that Anton isn't the one with the funds, he's just the face of it along with Samuelson is holding the whole thing up.

the last time a russian did this, bought a club with no mney himself, in which the money was supplied by a parent, we all know what happened. To be honest, if he didn't pass would it be bad for the club? The PL are pretty stringent in thse checks now, if Anton does it fail is it really the end of the world? I think not

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 09 May 2012 15:57

Can't disagree with any of that gazz,

TSI deal not going through isn't the end of for the club. Whilst it going through without the proper checks could well be.

We have another year in the premier league and another few years to find an new investor with the money that gives us.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 09 May 2012 16:13

What is most annoying/concerning to me is the longer it takes to get the sale finally resolved the more it will complicate our efforts to get the 4 or 5 new players signed, which we were told would occur, for the new season. I will be kinda angry if I find out we missed out on players we targeted because of the delay...

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 09 May 2012 16:18

I don't think it's affecting the transfer budget, the change in income is massive compared to what we were on to more than cover shrew transfer work.

What it will affect is the promised infrastructure works, the stadium, the training ground etc.

The Cat 1 Academy...?

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 09 May 2012 16:34

Agreed on the infrastructure, academy, etc. I was more thinking that the club might not want/be comfortable to do some of the personnel moves until the sale if finalized. You're prolly right chances it won't affect player acquisitions/sales but right now everything is as clear as mud.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 09 May 2012 16:37

We can line up signings but I didn't think they could actually sign until the start of July as most contracts run July to June.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict

by Libertine » 09 May 2012 16:41

Yep, I understand this. And I see many teams announcing the signings they already have lined up for next season. Us? Nothing yet...

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Thames Sport Investment

by Royal Lady » 09 May 2012 16:47

Don't get me wrong btw, if the deal doesn't go through - I won't shed any tears and if it does go through - I'll be happy as Larry with the prospect of being able to, hopefully, consolidate our position in the Prem, without spending silly money. But some people appear to be so blinded by everything the club and the likes of Samuelson say - that they don't look at the bigger picture. Que sera, sera - as someone once sang.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 May 2012 17:06

Libertine Yep, I understand this. And I see many teams announcing the signings they already have lined up for next season. Us? Nothing yet...

We're still sounding a hell of a lot more proactive than we normally do. So I wouldn't be worried... But then I don't see the point in worrying about something until you can be sure its a real possibility.

What's the point in borrowing trouble? It'll happen or it won't. We'll deal with it or we won't. We'll still be playing Premier League football next season, and we'll still have at least a small chance of survival. Even if we get relegated, we'll have massively more income than last year for the next four years. We can't lose.... unless TSI are dodge as feck... and the longer the delays, the less likely that seems to be the case if it actually goes through.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 09 May 2012 18:24

Wow, when I saw all the additional pages I thought there was something worth reading, but apart from the sensible posters, and there isn't many, it's all a load of rubbish.

I am aware of one of FL's sources, so can absolutely vouch for him. He's a guy I only know via Twitter, and that's how I've come to know how reliable he is, but he and FL appear to know one another. I don't know a great deal more about him, but he's often on the money.

The hold up is about where the money comes from, and that as far as I know is it. It's a tricky one because as discussed previously, if people wanted to remain anonymous, as many do that Samuelson looks after, then there is a huge problem right there because the Premier League want to know who everyone is---but the club appear confident it will all pan out as expected. If it doesn't and the deal can't be allowed to got through, then so be it. The Premier League are trying to protect us, and we should be delighted they're actually doing their job properly for a change! SJM would have to look for a new buyer, and now we are back in the big time, for 12 months at least, it increases the chance of that happening.

Its BAU as far as signing players is concerned. Three targets are free transfers, so if anything it's as it's always been here --- Bargain buys. I think anyone hoping to see a £7m star signing will be very disappointed; that isn't what TSI are about [at this stage] --- takeover signed or not. Plus these are Brian's targets, and he has the full support of the club on his budget that he requested.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 10 May 2012 07:38

Cobi
The hold up is about where the money comes from, and that as far as I know is it. It's a tricky one because as discussed previously, if people wanted to remain anonymous, as many do that Samuelson looks after, then there is a huge problem right there because the Premier League want to know who everyone is---but the club appear confident it will all pan out as expected. If it doesn't and the deal can't be allowed to got through, then so be it. The Premier League are trying to protect us, and we should be delighted they're actually doing their job properly for a change! SJM would have to look for a new buyer, and now we are back in the big time, for 12 months at least, it increases the chance of that happening.

It is rather odd that if there was a consortium of 1 and the takeover went ahead with just Anton, post takeover what is to stop others joining the consortium? Would there be a PL investigation for every investor?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 May 2012 11:15

PieEater
Cobi

It is rather odd that if there was a consortium of 1 and the takeover went ahead with just Anton, post takeover what is to stop others joining the consortium? Would there be a PL investigation for every investor?
I think it's covered by everyone with a 10% stake or greater having to be declared publically. Not specific to takeovers.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 10 May 2012 11:53

Ian Royal
PieEater
Cobi

I think it's covered by everyone with a 10% stake or greater having to be declared publically. Not specific to takeovers.

I can't see how there could be any rule that could prevent the investment of others being channelled through Anton into the club. Maybe this is the sticking point, that Anton cannot personally demonstrate the required level of assets.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 10 May 2012 15:17

GetReading are running an update on the takeover, tomorrow.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 10 May 2012 15:18

Friday's Legacy GetReading are running an update on the takeover, tomorrow.

He's going to tell us Anton's going on holiday to Florida next week.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 10 May 2012 15:23

It will be announced sometime next week?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 10 May 2012 15:24

:lol:

It can't be "bad" news though as the club wouldn't let the EP break it to us......its probably just a "hope to be completed within a week" story

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 10 May 2012 15:32

..or could be another of Fordhams ploys to ham up readership numbers .... will probably be to the point and say "blah blah blah blah......hopefully next week " :D

5145 posts