Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

3239 posts
Farnham Royal

Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by Farnham Royal » 31 Jul 2024 14:29

Crowbar6753
Farnham Royal
Crowbar6753
I guess their seems to be some uncertainty regarding "Royals TV' and whether they are still showing live games abroad? adding to that with SKY buying the rights to so many games will it be like the past three yrs that whenever a game is broadcast through Sky it is not available to Royals TV.
So if this is the case again then I'm pretty sure i read that Sky has to guarantee so many games per team and this amount is way more than in the past, so then is the package deal really worth it?
I could purchase a VPN plus Paramount+ and possibly cover the game that will not be shown by Royals TV but that then becomes very expensive indeed.
Adding to that, most SKY games seem to be moved to 12.30pm UK time which is 05.30am in Alberta. God i really do hate Sky!!!!!

= 4.30am here, I feel your pain.

Wow!! never realized "Farnham" to Reading was an 8hr time difference :D :D :D you must be Stateside on the west coast?

Depends on traffic. :D Left Farnham in 2007 for Michigan and now California. Life taking me further and further from RFC.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 31 Jul 2024 15:13

East Grinstead Royal Given that those three games (plus Birmingham) are the only Saturday matches involving Reading to be shown by Sky between now and the end of the year, I think you are right.

We've also got the Huddersfield home game, but the point still stands. Five Saturdays in the first half of the season, five Saturdays in the second half and about ten midweek games would take us to our quota.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 03 Aug 2024 11:28

Stranded
Clyde1998
RG30 3 additional fixtures moved:

Crawley Town (H) - 19th October
Bristol Rovers (H) - 26th October
Lincoln City (A) - 21st December

All on Sky with 12:30pm kick-offs.

Yay :roll:

At least these are all still Saturdays, seen Shrewsbury vs Exeter (which was the same weekend as our game against Crawley) has been moved to a Thursday night.

Can't imagine many outside supporters' of each club would be interested in watching any of these games, but I'm guessing there's some sort of minimum each club has to be shown.

I believe each side will have 20 games live.

That is correct. There is a big billboard off the Oxford Road with Sky Sports advertising Reading matches with the 20 number being quoted.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Addict

by Royals and Racers » 05 Aug 2024 13:20

So for the Birmingham game we don’t have to worry about SKY Sports + as we are on SKY Sports main event and SKY Sports football channel.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Aug 2024 13:27

Tiny bit annoyed at the mo that the club seem to have removed the annual subscription to Royals TV International and you now seem to have to pay 25 quid a month rather than 140 quid for the season.

My annual subscription is meant to renew soon, so will see if they roll it over or not.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 05 Aug 2024 14:14

Some more details about when Sky Sports + is launching etc.

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/sky-sports-plus-gets-launch-date/

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Addict

by Royals and Racers » 05 Aug 2024 14:50

RG30 Some more details about when Sky Sports + is launching etc.

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/sky-sports-plus-gets-launch-date/

Thanks for that link- as i only have an older type SKY box it seems i will only be able to watch the new linear channel- which replaces SKY Arena - which will only show selected matches not the full SKY Sport + output. I suppose i need to see if i can get a free upgrade to SKY Q !!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2024 15:58

Stranded Tiny bit annoyed at the mo that the club seem to have removed the annual subscription to Royals TV International and you now seem to have to pay 25 quid a month rather than 140 quid for the season.

My annual subscription is meant to renew soon, so will see if they roll it over or not.

Yeah, not brilliant. But as long as (almost) all the games are shown £225/£250 is still pretty good value.

Although a hyke of £85 to £110 would be huge.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Aug 2024 16:03

Snowflake Royal
Stranded Tiny bit annoyed at the mo that the club seem to have removed the annual subscription to Royals TV International and you now seem to have to pay 25 quid a month rather than 140 quid for the season.

Yeah, not brilliant. But as long as (almost) all the games are shown £225/£250 is still pretty good value.

Aye, will need to see - as said my account shows me as an annual subscriber and that it will auto renew on the 9th...so may just be closed to new subscribers. Would hope I'll get an email soon.

Farnham Royal

by Farnham Royal » 05 Aug 2024 16:12

Stranded
Snowflake Royal

Aye, will need to see - as said my account shows me as an annual subscriber and that it will auto renew on the 9th...so may just be closed to new subscribers. Would hope I'll get an email soon.

My subscription ran out yesterday. It did not auto renew and I did not get an email :roll: On the RoyalsTV site I can "join" with an annual subscription of £180, which is a hike of £40 from last season. Not great but still a good value. I don't think there was ever any kind of "loyalty" incentive. So I expect you will see the same when your subscription expires.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2024 17:38

Farnham Royal
Stranded
Snowflake Royal Yeah, not brilliant. But as long as (almost) all the games are shown £225/£250 is still pretty good value.

My subscription ran out yesterday. It did not auto renew and I did not get an email :roll: On the RoyalsTV site I can "join" with an annual subscription of £180, which is a hike of £40 from last season. Not great but still a good value. I don't think there was ever any kind of "loyalty" incentive. So I expect you will see the same when your subscription expires.

That's good to know. Big hike but I've said for ages it's dirt cheap so can't complain.

180 annual vs 250 monthly and 460 game by game is some eyewatering jumps though.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Aug 2024 21:43

Farnham Royal
Stranded
Snowflake Royal Yeah, not brilliant. But as long as (almost) all the games are shown £225/£250 is still pretty good value.

Well good to know the annual still exists.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 06 Aug 2024 13:38

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2024 21:42

Actually had to select a country and so obviously couldn't put in a billing address. Hopefully they arent clamping down on VPNs.

Having seen the data breach email where they accidentally copied in everyone rather than used blind copy, it's not like there can be many subscribers to RoyalsTV for it to be a problem.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Aug 2024 07:47

Snowflake Royal Actually had to select a country and so obviously couldn't put in a billing address. Hopefully they arent clamping down on VPNs.

Having seen the data breach email where they accidentally copied in everyone rather than used blind copy, it's not like there can be many subscribers to RoyalsTV for it to be a problem.

Might be part of the new TV deal - as Sky are showing so many more games, they aren't going to watch Joe Bloggs of Tilehurst, watching the game for a much smaller price by pretending he's in Belgium - they are going to want to milk everyone in the UK who wants to watch a game.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Aug 2024 08:12

Stranded
Snowflake Royal Actually had to select a country and so obviously couldn't put in a billing address. Hopefully they arent clamping down on VPNs.

Might be part of the new TV deal - as Sky are showing so many more games, they aren't going to watch Joe Bloggs of Tilehurst, watching the game for a much smaller price by pretending he's in Belgium - they are going to want to milk everyone in the UK who wants to watch a game.

In honour of you, I'm Germany based.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Aug 2024 08:41

Snowflake Royal
Stranded

In honour of you, I'm Germany based.

I'm touched.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 07 Aug 2024 12:16

With the advent of Sky Sports +, I see that even our away trip to Col U on Tuesday is being screened live.

Seriously, who is gonna watch that :?

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 07 Aug 2024 13:13

Zammo With the advent of Sky Sports +, I see that even our away trip to Col U on Tuesday is being screened live.

I've seen our EFL Trophy game against West Ham U21s is on it too. I guess Sky will have to up the bandwidth on that one. :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Aug 2024 16:17

Clyde1998
Zammo With the advent of Sky Sports +, I see that even our away trip to Col U on Tuesday is being screened live.

I've seen our EFL Trophy game against West Ham U21s is on it too. I guess Sky will have to up the bandwidth on that one. :lol:

How are all these league cup and FL midweek games actually accessible to the customer? Sky have a dedicated channel called Sky Sports Plus which I think is where you "tune" to, presume then it's just a case of using the red button to select the games you want? Alternatively to go through their App (which I've always found to be rather cr@p).

3239 posts