Brian: The right decision?

3714 posts

Have the club done the right thing to sack Brian today?

Yes
51%
No
40%
Not sure
9%

Total votes: 568
Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Brian: The right decision?

by Royal Ginger » 30 May 2014 23:55

Can't help but think he's going to struggle to find another job at this level for a while.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 May 2014 23:59

Still holds a reasonable CV tho'

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 31 May 2014 00:06

Leeds fans couldn't bare his football by the end of last season. I couldn't bare it again either. Great bloke, over-achieved here and will always be appreciated, but I don't want to revisit those tactics again.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 31 May 2014 00:15

Shoe-in for the Blackpool job surely.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 31 May 2014 00:24

SPARTA Leeds fans couldn't bare his football by the end of last season. I couldn't bare it again either. Great bloke, over-achieved here and will always be appreciated, but I don't want to revisit those tactics again.

Good avatar btw.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 May 2014 00:29

He'll get a middling champ job fairly easily I'd have thought.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 31 May 2014 08:42

GF :arrow: :evil:

JakeTheRoyal

by JakeTheRoyal » 31 May 2014 09:53

I loved the little baldy feller, but I don't want to go back to him as manager. He had his own team that played for him, as soon as we reached the Prem, the big name charlies came in ie Pog and Guth who didn't like him then the fans got on his back and it all ended a bit sour. I truly believe if Nigel gets his own team we could do alright.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 31 May 2014 11:26

Fvck off now Nigel, thanks for keeping Brian's seat warm

Jimbo

by Jimbo » 31 May 2014 11:39

160 pages and morons are still posting.

Including me.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 31 May 2014 12:39

In many respects it was worth putting up with this abortion of a season just so that people would finally properly appreciate Brian.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 31 May 2014 12:46

Surely one of the finest examples ever of the phrase, 'be careful what you wish for' I have every faith that BM will succeed in some future project!

Martin41

by Martin41 » 31 May 2014 12:49

Bandini In many respects it was worth putting up with this abortion of a season just so that people would finally properly appreciate Brian.

Fully agree. Yes sometimes under Brian it was not pretty, but he got results. Saved us after Brendan, then play off final, then champions.
Probably hard done by under anton.
Nigel....hmmm well yes I appreciate he has not had the funds, but more than enough talent in that squad last season to have done better.
Still not sure he is the right man, how many games have we won since he came in?
I for one would have Brian back if Nigel goes.....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 May 2014 13:58

Martin41
Bandini In many respects it was worth putting up with this abortion of a season just so that people would finally properly appreciate Brian.

Fully agree. Yes sometimes under Brian it was not pretty, but he got results. Saved us after Brendan, then play off final, then champions.
Nigel....hmmm well yes I appreciate he has not had the funds, but more than enough talent in that squad last season to have done better.
Still not sure he is the right man, how many games have we won since he came in?

McDermott and Coppell's day here is done. Adkins has the seat now and if he left we'd be better looking forward to Dolan or someone new than looking back to Brian. It can never be the same. We've already had his legacy tainted a touch I'd rather not risk destroying it with a second spell maybe going wrong. It would be agony.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 31 May 2014 15:15

Something very wrong here. I actually agree with Ian.
Going for a lie down....

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 31 May 2014 15:32

Ian Royal
Martin41

McDermott and Coppell's day here is done. Adkins has the seat now and if he left we'd be better looking forward to Dolan or someone new than looking back to Brian. It can never be the same. We've already had his legacy tainted a touch I'd rather not risk destroying it with a second spell maybe going wrong. It would be agony.

It beggars belief that people still slag off McDermott's style of play, with squads deprived of their best player at the start of every campaign, following a season of utter dross from Adkin's and his £16m parachute payment.

His defences can't defend and his tedious obsession with passing rarely produces more than a handful of chances/ shots on target per game.

Given the numbers here who can't wait to stick their heads where the sun doesn't shine, Nige must have the biggest arse in football.

It's not just McDermott I'd have back in a flash, I'm hard pushed to think of another Champ manager I wouldn't swap Adkins for.

This guy has achieved absolutely NOTHING since the day he walked through the door..........................and in my book that puts him on a par with Burns (RIP) and Bullivant.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 31 May 2014 16:25

Woodcote Royal It beggars belief that people still slag off McDermott's style of play, with squads deprived of their best player at the start of every campaign, following a season of utter dross from Adkin's and his £16m parachute payment.

His defences can't defend and his tedious obsession with passing rarely produces more than a handful of chances/ shots on target per game.

Given the numbers here who can't wait to stick their heads where the sun doesn't shine, Nige must have the biggest arse in football.

It's not just McDermott I'd have back in a flash, I'm hard pushed to think of another Champ manager I wouldn't swap Adkins for.

This guy has achieved absolutely NOTHING since the day he walked through the door..........................and in my book that puts him on a par with Burns (RIP) and Bullivant.

Ok, everyone form an orderly queue.....all together now - after 3

PRICK

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 31 May 2014 16:34

semtex1871
Woodcote Royal It beggars belief that people still slag off McDermott's style of play, with squads deprived of their best player at the start of every campaign, following a season of utter dross from Adkin's and his £16m parachute payment.

Ok, everyone form an orderly queue.....all together now - after 3

PRICK

Perfectly logical and truthful post from Woodcote. You cant argue with anything he's said.

As for Semtex, you appear to epitomise the shear spasticness of our support these days. Congrats.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 May 2014 17:21

You can't argue with it no, but not because it's accurate, because he lives in a completely different reality to everyone else. It's so one eyed there's no point arguing with it. You may as well argue geology with someone who thinks the world is 6000 years old.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 31 May 2014 17:27

Just remember Brian has been sacked twice since we hired Adkins

3714 posts