542 posts
SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Down By Christmas

by SPARTA » 08 Dec 2012 16:54

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

Re: Down By Christmas

by Libertine » 08 Dec 2012 16:57

It kinda offsets the joy of our improbable run last year. As fun as last season was this season has been a bucket of shit.

Today was the rotten cherry on top of the shit cake.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Unforgivable.

by windermere_royal » 08 Dec 2012 18:37

Can you you forgive the powers that be inside of Reading football club for all the same mistakes from our last foray into the big time?
Playing in this league with little or no investment can only lead to one thing and that is failure.
We all saw it coming, it was so damn obvious, then why on Earth can`t so called intelligent people inside the club see it too?
I`m sick to death with the club I have followed for 40 plus years tonight. it was always a fantasy to become an established side in the top league way back in our elm park days, now we are on the verge of throwing away all the hard work for the second time in 6 years through rank bad management! :twisted:

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Unforgivable.

by Big Ern » 08 Dec 2012 18:38

In before the delete.

noelgallagher

by noelgallagher » 08 Dec 2012 18:42

windermere_royal Can you you forgive the powers that be inside of Reading football club for all the same mistakes from our last foray into the big time?
Playing in this league with little or no investment can only lead to one thing and that is failure.
We all saw it coming, it was so damn obvious, then why on Earth can`t so called intelligent people inside the club see it too?
I`m sick to death with the club I have followed for 40 plus years tonight. it was always a fantasy to become an established side in the top league way back in our elm park days, now we are on the verge of throwing away all the hard work for the second time in 6 years through rank bad management! :twisted:

No sh*t Sherlock.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 08 Dec 2012 18:43

noelgallagher
windermere_royal Can you you forgive the powers that be inside of Reading football club for all the same mistakes from our last foray into the big time?

No sh*t Sherlock.

Piss off newbie. its a forum , look it up.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 08 Dec 2012 18:45

Relegation's not the end of the world m8, calm down.

noelgallagher

by noelgallagher » 08 Dec 2012 18:46

windermere_royal
noelgallagher

No sh*t Sherlock.

Piss off newbie. its a forum , look it up.

Bite.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 08 Dec 2012 18:54

Maguire Relegation's not the end of the world m8, calm down.

True...but it would completely blow the "We are looking to become a top half Premier League club within 5 years" plan we were told about out of the water.

We might get promoted back to the Premier League in 5 years if we are very lucky...and spend our one season up and go back down. Unless we free fall like some clubs occasionally do after relegation.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 08 Dec 2012 18:58

We became a 'premier side' :| ahead of plan. This blew the steady investment out of the water and meant massive investment at a faster pace than was readily available. BTW we are not a premier side.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 08 Dec 2012 19:00

A guy on the radio tonight summed it up quite well I thought when he said it was like we had won a trip to Las Vegas (getting into the Prem) and had then taken a £1 to spend.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 08 Dec 2012 19:00

Chill the f out. If we get releg8ed then we get releg8ed, life goes on.

Last time out this website announced our relegation as armageddon for the club, as the start of the decline, as dull & uninspiring. Oh yeah, that would be just missing out on promotion followed by winning the league.

Who knows what is just around the corner

_royal

by _royal » 08 Dec 2012 19:01

royalexile We became a 'premier side' :| ahead of plan. This blew the steady investment out of the water and meant massive investment at a faster pace than was readily available. BTW we are not a premier side.

+1

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 08 Dec 2012 19:03

Libertine

True...but it would completely blow the "We are looking to become a top half Premier League club within 5 years" plan we were told about out of the water.

We might get promoted back to the Premier League in 5 years if we are very lucky...and spend our one season up and go back down. Unless we free fall like some clubs occasionally do after relegation.

There's nothing to back up what you're saying.

Promotion was clearly a bonus this year and if we go down then with the extra money we've made plus steady investment from the new owners why would we need to be "very lucky" to get promoted in 5 years. I'd say we'd be well set for it.

West Brom are doing ok after all.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict

by Libertine » 08 Dec 2012 19:08

Maguire
Libertine

There's nothing to back up what you're saying.

Promotion was clearly a bonus this year and if we go down then with the extra money we've made plus steady investment from the new owners why would we need to be "very lucky" to get promoted in 5 years. I'd say we'd be well set for it.

West Brom are doing ok after all.

Whaddya mean there is nothing to what I am saying? After the sale went through the ownership stated, and this was after they knew we were promoted (as some here are saying prematurely), that the plan was to have us be a top half Premier League club in 5 years. And with teams in the Championship preparing their squads to get promoted we will see our best players targeted by PL clubs which will make it doubly tough to make it right back up. With the young players who will be poached by bigger clubs, the rest of the squad on the other side of 30 years old and the teams aversion to spending money I say 5 years might be optimistic to see us get promoted again...

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 08 Dec 2012 19:12

Ok might as well just kill yourself now then mate.

We got relegated in 2008 and no doubt you would have said exactly the same things you've just said there. But since then we got to the p/o semis (in a season where I still can't believe we didn't win the league), a p/o final, and finally won the title itself. Not bad in four years, and that's with a chairman suffering a very bad recession.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 08 Dec 2012 19:14

Libertine Whaddya mean there is nothing to what I am saying? After the sale went through the ownership stated, and this was after they knew we were promoted (as some here are saying prematurely), that the plan was to have us be a top half Premier League club in 5 years. And with teams in the Championship preparing their squads to get promoted we will see our best players targeted by PL clubs which will make it doubly tough to make it right back up. With the young players who will be poached by bigger clubs, the rest of the squad on the other side of 30 years old and the teams aversion to spending money I say 5 years might be optimistic to see us get promoted again...

This time around we don't have to sell. It might be the luxury that comes out of possible relegation. We went for broke the last time we were relegated and came so close. This time we could have the platform needed to make a dent in the championship which is akin to big fish in a small pond. We shall see.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 08 Dec 2012 19:18

The other things I'd be interested to hear from our American correspondent is which players exactly does he think will be raided by Premier League clubs?

At the moment I reckon we'd probably get to keep all of them.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 08 Dec 2012 19:19

Woo!

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict

by Libertine » 08 Dec 2012 19:20

Maguire Ok might as well just kill yourself now then mate.

We got relegated in 2008 and no doubt you would have said exactly the same things you've just said there. But since then we got to the p/o semis (in a season where I still can't believe we didn't win the league), a p/o final, and finally won the title itself. Not bad in four years, and that's with a chairman suffering a very bad recession.

I am not distraught by the reality of it...so I am in no way going to end it all because of it, even if you are hoping I will. :roll: :lol:

But it is the reality of things right now, and also much has changed since 2008. The Championship has a lot more money and a bunch of new owners with more intent. In the past 3 seasons it appears only 1 of the 9 teams relegated, West Ham, will have gone right back up.

542 posts