Spurs (A) *Match Thread* sponsored by Gylfi Sigurdsson

378 posts
Mr.T10

Re: Spurs (A) *Match Thread* sponsored by Gylfi Sigurdsson

by Mr.T10 » 01 Jan 2013 17:11

sputnik
Mr.T10 Please please Brian get that piece of shit out of our team, Legsofwood.

Does the T stand for twat ?

Cute. I don't want my team to go out by not making changes or even trying to change our state. It is quite obvious he is out of his depth so why not make a change in personnel.

I don't mind if McDermott actually tries to take a chance on a change but how many chances does Legs have?

Let me guess your opinion is "he scored the goal that got us up so he is allowed to continue his poor form..." Wake up!

We are in the lions den and Legs is getting eaten alive.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 01 Jan 2013 17:13

Mr.T10
sputnik

Cute. I don't want my team to go out by not making changes or even trying to change our state. It is quite obvious he is out of his depth so why not make a change in personnel.

I don't mind if McDermott actually tries to take a chance on a change but how many chances does Legs have?

Let me guess your opinion is "he scored the goal that got us up so he is allowed to continue his poor form..." Wake up!

Yawn
Find another scapegoat

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 01 Jan 2013 17:15

I wasn't too disappointed from that performance. They're way too fast and good. I WAS NOT impressed with HRK at all. I didn't expect him to win the game for us but I do expect him to not immediately give up the ball every time he had it.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 01 Jan 2013 17:23

Mr.T10
sputnik

:| But he played fairly well today. He gave the ball away less than Guthrie and Karacan and put in some superb tackles. Did he rape your mum or something?

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 01 Jan 2013 17:25

Ian Royal
Libertine Spurs looked like they were in squeaky bum time when we had those 3 relatively good chances in a short period of time. Spurs were kinda in a bit of disarray. Right after that Dempsey gets that lucky one and it was over. No way we were gonna score 2 at that point with Hunt and LeFondre leading the line...

You could tell that if we scored they'd just take it out of 2nd, go up through the gears to 4th or 5th and put us under siege again.

Yeah, probably, but I would have liked to see if we could have held on for the point...I think a 3-1 scoreline flattered Spurs a bit.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jan 2013 17:25

Mr.T10
Ian Royal
Mr.T10
But we got 1 point off teams around us.

I did not expect us to win or even draw but I expect us to be able to pass the ball, take our chances and well doing the simple things right. I would also like to see Brian actually aware of the shit we got in team and ship them out quick. Also be aware of Harte's pace against Lennon, shocking decision to keep Harte in let alone bring him in the side.

I don't think Legsofwood could get any more oxf*rd? He is literally undroppable. Carrico needs to settle in quick, Crawley a good way to start.

Harte actually had a good game and only as the team started pushing forward and go 4-4-2 did he really start getting exposed, because he didn't have McAnuff helping him out.

Legs gave the ball away a lot yes - he was hardly alone, but he actually played very well defensively and I'm sure he was much more involved in the passing and made many more successful passes than against West Ham.

You'd expect Pog to hit the target with the header, but it was awkward and there was a defender on the line he had to avoid. You'd expect Kebe to get a shot away but there was great covering defending from Walker (I think). Pearce's effort was just unfortunately blocked out. Yes our passing in the final third was pretty awful, but our players must have been dead on their feet and Spurs players were just quicker mentally and physically to start with. Although HRK doesn't have that excuse and his decision making in where to play a cross, pass or even where to run and who to take on was absolutely apalling. Shame after some really promising performances. He just played like he was up against a mediocre Championship team rather than Spurs.

We were well beaten, and it was always likely to be that result, but I reckon the scoreline flatters Spurs a bit and we made them work really hard for that win. That's exactly the sort of defeat I don't mind seeing.

We've left ourselves too much to do from a very poor first half of the season, but this was actually a very positive performance that hopefully we can keep our positivity after West Ham. I just hope that McDermott focusses on the positives rather than complaining about deflections or referees (incidently I thought Webb was mostly superb). Hopefully we can take that into some points againts West Brom and Sunderland.

I said take our chances as in when the game was stretched before the Dempsey goal, we had many chances to do a lot more damage to a very open Spurs defence. Our creative and attacking play is lacking any urgency.

I don't mind losing against spurs and the scoreline is pretty good considering where they are but we are not doing any justice to ourselves. It frustrates me when we are unable to the simple things, like passing.

Yes I know. That's why I was talking about those three specific chances we had.

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 01 Jan 2013 17:26

Mr.T10
sputnik

My opinion is that he is not a piece of shit.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 01 Jan 2013 17:28

Legs played ok today.

Reading fans are never happy unless they have a scapegoat in the team to blame everything on.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 01 Jan 2013 17:31

Avon Royal Legs played ok today.

Reading fans are never happy unless they have a scapegoat in the team to blame everything on.

Yep, he was alright to day but Reading fans are massive dickheads so no surprise to see the hate on here still going strong.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jan 2013 17:32

Maguire

Yep, he was alright to day but Reading fans are massive dickheads so no surprise to see the hate on here still going strong.

People make decisions about a player and then see what they expect to see. It's pretty basic human nature and has been happening on here for well over a decade. It's no surprise.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 01 Jan 2013 17:34

It's also because posters such as Mr.T10 and Sparta are massive dickheads though.

Born 'n Bred Royal

by Born 'n Bred Royal » 01 Jan 2013 17:35

Ian Royal
Maguire

People make decisions about a player and then see what they expect to see. It's pretty basic human nature and has been happening on here for well over a decade. It's no surprise.

He may be the scapegoat but I think it's for good reason. He is out of his depth in the prem, he can't even pass to someone within 10 yards of him. He didn't really do much and he's too damn slow. Dembele and Sandro were miles apart in terms of quality.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jan 2013 17:35

southbank1871 It's also because posters such as Mr.T10 and Sparta are massive dickheads though.

Let's face it, every single one of us have our moments. Except Mags. Please don't squash me Mags.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 01 Jan 2013 17:39

southbank1871 It's also because posters such as Mr.T10 and Sparta are massive dickheads though.

Thats a bit unfair.Some people see the game diffrentley.Im in the Ledge had a good game camp.Was proberly the best game hes had for us this season or its very close..

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 01 Jan 2013 17:42

southbank1871
:| But he played fairly well today. He gave the ball away less than Guthrie and Karacan and put in some superb tackles. Did he rape your mum or something?

But those two have played far better in recent performances. He does not deserve his place, he might have done better but not the hardest achievement. "Well done legs, you were not beyond shit, you were well under par".

He always seems to never do the simple things right which are essentially a CDM's job . Note: This is not just talking about the game today because I understand he is against top class players.

Be interesting to see his tackle and pass completion rate over the season considering these are the things most required from a CDM. Doubt both are even over 50%. Also the amount of times he has lost the ball, that must be, high.

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 01 Jan 2013 17:42

super darren caskey

Thats a bit unfair.Some people see the game diffrentley.Im in the Ledge had a good game camp.Was proberly the best game hes had for us this season or its very close..

Noticed they are quick to offend but not very quick to offer an opinion on why Legs should be in the team.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 01 Jan 2013 17:44

Mr.T10
southbank1871

But those two have played far better in recent performances. He does not deserve his place, he might have done better but not the hardest achievement. "Well done legs, you were not beyond shit, you were well under par".

He always seems to never do the simple things right which are essentially a CDM's job . Note: This is not just talking about the game today because I understand he is against top class players.

Be interesting to see his tackle and pass completion rate over the season considering these are the things most required from a CDM. Doubt both are even over 50%. Also the amount of times he has lost the ball, that must be, high.

Think you will find his tackle and interceptions are higher than any other Reading player
Passing we know is not so good

Born 'n Bred Royal

by Born 'n Bred Royal » 01 Jan 2013 17:46

bcubed
Mr.T10
southbank1871

Think you will find his tackle and interceptions are higher than any other Reading player
Passing we know is not so good

Well in the Premiership that's no bloody good. His pass completion rate against West Ham was 44.8% - which is an embarrassment. Too many times he gives the ball away and promising counter attacks are halted as a result. We need a player that can do both, and hopefully Carrico is that man

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular

by southbank1871 » 01 Jan 2013 17:47

Mr.T10
super darren caskey

Noticed they are quick to offend but not very quick to offer an opinion on why Legs should be in the team.

I believe he should be in the team at the moment as we do not have anything better as an alternative. Hopefully Carrico can come in and do a better job.

It just seems odd to say stuff like "get that piece of shit out of the team" straight after he's had a reasonable game against top class opposition. And what has he done to deserve that level of abuse anyway? It's not like he's not putting in 100% effort. I'm sorry to say I think you must be a massive racist.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jan 2013 17:48

Mr.T10
super darren caskey

Because it's him or Tabb and Tabb leaves our midfield as hobbits. It's quite obvious why he's playing, we don't have a better option.

378 posts