HNA approval/disapproval of NA

418 posts

how long should we keep nigel adkins as manager?

get rid of now, his tactics are weak and we can do better
16%
give him till the end of december, then we will see where we are
4%
give him time to make signings in january and we will assess in march
6%
give him till the end of the season, he deserves a full season to show what he can do
44%
i am currently happy with our position in the table and the quality of football we are playing. this shouldnt be a discussion
20%
other
9%

Total votes: 232
AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Adkins just isn't the 'Reading' type

by AirRaidSiren » 22 Dec 2013 11:55

howser I will be very much in the minority here, I thought that Rodgers was the "right man", we have all seen, given the tools, how well he has progressed since he got booted, wrongly in my opinion. Similarly Adkins has got a pretty impressive record, but, we are all aware that all things are not good behind the scenes at Reading, thats not rocket science to see that, so we don't know what limitations and restrictions that he is presently working under.

Clearly the present crop of players arnt good enough to play the way he wants, we all heard the summer boasts from Zingaravich and Adkins about the number of players we were looking to get in, ones that can adapt to Adkins style, and we have all seen what fruitless comments they turned out to be.

Of course as well as being compared to a likeness with Rodgers, the other problem that Adkins has is that he had the nerve to take over from McDermott, whose spirit hangs like a cancer over anything that Adkins does, with non stop comparisons from the "hobnob McDermott love children" when things don't go right.

Just maybe its the time now to accept that no one is going to get on their knees and beg forgivness from McDermott for sacking him after creating one of the worst sides seen in the premiership for many years,and plead with him to come and save our ailing club, he has gone, its done, now just get behind Adkins and give the team some support in what are proving to be very difficult times both on and off the pitch.

Post of the year

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 22 Dec 2013 12:05

howser
Of course as well as being compared to a likeness with Rodgers, the other problem that Adkins has is that he had the nerve to take over from McDermott, whose spirit hangs like a cancer over anything that Adkins does, with non stop comparisons from the "hobnob McDermott love children" when things don't go right.

Its the Adkins fans that keep bringing up McDermott. Youve done it here unprovoked. Comparing him to cancer, no less. Classy.

It seems to be the stock response to a poor performance nowadays. That or "95% of the fans being idiots" of course. Its all very spiteful and disrespectful, isnt it?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 22 Dec 2013 12:07

Once were Biscuitmen Yes but this is Reading a, 'huge reaction' equates to some mild motivational booing and a moany text to BBC radio Berkshire.

I think it could be a bit more extreme than that. Most likely it will all kick off at a strange substitution. Massive boos followed by 'you don't know what you're doing!'.

Naturally, a few nobbers will claim it was only an insignificant minority of 'mongs'. Anyone at the game will know different though.

Make no mistake, a large amount of people are fed up with this tedious rubbish on display each week.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Dec 2013 12:10

howser I will be very much in the minority here, I thought that Rodgers was the "right man", we have all seen, given the tools, how well he has progressed since he got booted, wrongly in my opinion. Similarly Adkins has got a pretty impressive record, but, we are all aware that all things are not good behind the scenes at Reading, thats not rocket science to see that, so we don't know what limitations and restrictions that he is presently working under.

Clearly the present crop of players arnt good enough to play the way he wants, we all heard the summer boasts from Zingaravich and Adkins about the number of players we were looking to get in, ones that can adapt to Adkins style, and we have all seen what fruitless comments they turned out to be.

Just maybe its the time now to accept that no one is going to get on their knees and beg forgivness from McDermott for sacking him after creating one of the worst sides seen in the premiership for many years,and plead with him to come and save our ailing club, he has gone, its done, now just get behind Adkins and give the team some support in what are proving to be very difficult times both on and off the pitch.

It's obvious Brian isn't coming back, we all know this. Adkins does not fit this football club, his record is not up for discussion we can all see his record elsewhere is decent. Although it sad for people like you who can't go every week, can't see the bizarre decisions and mistakes he is making and just desperately want him to succeed so you can watch Reading on the telly a bit more that's just the way it is. People just can't get behind him whether they want to or not because he simply does not fit.
Last edited by sandman on 22 Dec 2013 12:19, edited 2 times in total.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Dec 2013 12:11

Good post that. Leicester have stuck with Pearson & they are coming good. They will, IMO win the league this season. Also - the mong divs who jeer, boo, chant sh1te songs - if you keep on, we may find ourselves in a grim situation if Adkins decides he's had enough and walks. Quite honestly I wouodn't blame him as someone else will snap him up pretty damn quick. Then who do we get? Just shut your fcuking mouths, get behind the manager & the players and accept this may well be a transition season.

The mood around the club stinks and it's caused by the 'fans' and is nothing to do with the 'owner'. We have all got far too greedy & expectant. Yesterday was a new low for me - certainly since I've had a ST anyway.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 22 Dec 2013 12:23

Zana Badawi
howser

Its the Adkins fans that keep bringing up McDermott. Youve done it here unprovoked. Comparing him to cancer, no less. Classy.

It seems to be the stock response to a poor performance nowadays. That or "95% of the fans being idiots" of course. Its all very spiteful and disrespectful, isnt it?

Lol. Utter, utter nonsense.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Dec 2013 12:25

Unfortunately, the minority are always the most vocal as well. People never write in to thank for good service, but they always complain when its bad service.

I sincerely hope the players & staff realise that not every Reading fan is a complete w@nker.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Dec 2013 12:46

howser Of course as well as being compared to a likeness with Rodgers, the other problem that Adkins has is that he had the nerve to take over from McDermott, whose spirit hangs like a cancer over anything that Adkins does, with non stop comparisons from the "hobnob McDermott love children" when things don't go right.

Just maybe its the time now to accept that no one is going to get on their knees and beg forgivness from McDermott for sacking him after creating one of the worst sides seen in the premiership for many years

Congratulations on the crassest most ignorant post I have read on here in a long, long time. You stay classy with comparing our second best ever manager with "a cancer".

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 22 Dec 2013 12:52

floyd__streete
howser Of course as well as being compared to a likeness with Rodgers, the other problem that Adkins has is that he had the nerve to take over from McDermott, whose spirit hangs like a cancer over anything that Adkins does, with non stop comparisons from the "hobnob McDermott love children" when things don't go right.

Just maybe its the time now to accept that no one is going to get on their knees and beg forgivness from McDermott for sacking him after creating one of the worst sides seen in the premiership for many years

Congratulations on the crassest most ignorant post I have read on here in a long, long time. You stay classy with comparing our second best ever manager with "a cancer".

That is not what is meant, you're such a bloody drama queen.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Dec 2013 12:55

AirRaidSiren That is not what is meant, you're such a bloody drama queen.

I think that describing McDermott as "a cancer hanging over the club" is the drama queenery around here.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Dec 2013 12:57

floyd__streete

I think that describing McDermott as "a cancer hanging over the club" is the drama queenery around here.

No it's definitely you

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 22 Dec 2013 12:57

Just had a quick skim through...great post howser, otherwise the normal drivel from the usual boneheads. As usual sandman highlights himself about others in how retarded he is, probably the most moronic HNA poster of all time although I figure he must just be on a constant fishing trip as surely nobody is THAT stupid. :?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Dec 2013 13:01

MmmMonsterMunch
floyd__streete

No it's definitely you

Completely disrespectful to McDermott. But some of you 'tards have short memories. I dedicate every single defeat under Adkins to people like you.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Dec 2013 13:02

PistolPete Brenden Rodgers tried to get Reading to play football, he knew it would take time, the mongs wanted him out, said he had a bumper book of tactics... Rodgers is now top of the league with Liverpool.

The problem with English football, why Germany have been able to progress and we can't, is that people want two things 1)Immediate success 2) comfort of the familiar.

If we can afford to stay down a season with Adkins it will probably be good for us long term. Just. oxf*rd. Relax.

That was a great decision by Rodgers to sign Suarez.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 22 Dec 2013 13:03

If NA is serious he should get rid of the DEAD WOOD, find half dozen players either from the reserves or buy and bed them down for the season forget about promotion and go for it with a settled side next season.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Dec 2013 13:05

:lol: Floyd

He's clearly making the point that the McDermott's shadow is hanging around instead of people just accepting he's gone & looking forward. Stop trying to make something out of nothing.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 22 Dec 2013 13:07

floyd__streete

You certainly have selective reading, dear drama queen Floyd.

Read the previous word, he said 'spirit'.......not McDermott himself you prize plum.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 22 Dec 2013 13:09

floyd__streete
MmmMonsterMunch
floyd__streete I think that describing McDermott as "a cancer hanging over the club" is the drama queenery around here.

No it's definitely you

Completely disrespectful to McDermott. But some of you 'tards have short memories. I dedicate every single defeat under Adkins to people like you.

Pass me the tissues.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 22 Dec 2013 13:10

Zana Badawi
howser

Definition of cancer in English
noun
[mass noun]
[count noun] an evil or destructive practice or phenomenon that is hard to contain or eradicate:
racism is a cancer sweeping across Europe

You probably ought to apologise...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Dec 2013 13:13

AirRaidSiren
sandman Coppell may have struggled at first but he was never as unlikeable as this man.

Unlikeable? What? So you and a few bell ends on an internet forum represent the entire Reading FC fan base? I do not know one person or Reading fan who dislikes him. It's all in your mind. It's what you want, not a fact.

Exactly. I definitely like the guy. Seems to me, some may struggle with the intelligent arguments and theories that he comes out with and dislike him for that. Since he is so articulate compared to many managers, some appear to interpret this as arrogance!

418 posts