Reading FC on U.S. TV: check here for updates

630 posts
yankee_royal

Re: championship outside england

by yankee_royal » 10 Aug 2008 03:21

yeah i think we're getting it cuz the prem hasnt started looks like it will be a year of mostly radio......for anyone in nyc ill be at nevada smiths for the 1 pm delayed showing

Row V
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Welcome to NJ, where the weak are killed and eaten.

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Forest (A) DELAYED on Setanta US

by Row V » 10 Aug 2008 03:46

Also, just a reminder for people in other countries, the game is supposed to be on http://www.myp2p.eu.
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?&matchid=16155&part=sports

Row V
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Welcome to NJ, where the weak are killed and eaten.

by Row V » 10 Aug 2008 03:49

RoyalChicagoFC Meantime, keep an eye on the U.S. TV thread here in The Team forum for news and updates as warranted

I've added a link to watch the game via the internet for those interested. Go to page 16 of the thread.

yankee_royal

by yankee_royal » 10 Aug 2008 06:07

Row V
RoyalChicagoFC Meantime, keep an eye on the U.S. TV thread here in The Team forum for news and updates as warranted

I've added a link to watch the game via the internet for those interested. Go to page 16 of the thread.

Have u ever tried the site from that link, does it work b/c i signed up for a couple sites b4 we got promoted and they were all bullshit and didnt work. Also do u know if it has CCC every week.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Forest (A) DELAYED on Setanta US

by RoyalChicagoFC » 10 Aug 2008 13:06

Nice piece of thread merging on the part of a mod. To repeat:

Forest (A) remains set to go from 1:00 PM Eastern U.S. time on Sunday 10th August. The match kicks off at 1:15 PM BST/8:15 AM EDT, so it's set to screen here on 4 hours and 45 minutes' delay

Three repeat screenings are scheduled for Setanta US (all times Eastern U.S.):
Sunday from 8:30 PM
Monday from 8:00 PM
Thursday from 12:45 PM

News and updates to follow as necessary

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Charlton (A) LIVE on Setanta US

by RoyalChicagoFC » 18 Aug 2008 21:03

Right, to make an up-in-the-air story as complete and understandable as I can (and take note of the strong hint at the end)...
EDIT: Disregard all of what follows except for the strong hint at the end; match live on Setanta US Saturday from 7:45 AM EDT

Setanta US have scheduled a single delayed screening of Saturday's match away to Charlton (KO 12:45 PM BST/7:45 AM USEDT) for the rather fanciful hour of 4:30 AM on Monday 25th August (that's 1:30 AM West Coast time). There are no repeat screenings of the match to be found amongst Setanta's current listings

Here's what doesn't quite make sense:
--Setanta US is the exclusive platform in the States for Football League matches, League Championship inclusive
--They also are contractually entitled (obligated, even) to show the weekly stand-alone Saturday lunchtime (early morning U.S.) Premier League match
---However, there is no lunchtime Prem fixture scheduled for this coming Saturday (or for the Saturday following)
--Sky Sports are showing Charlton-RFC live in the UK
--At the same hour, Setanta US are showing...some rugby nonsense on a delayed basis and then, like, a couple of Prem preview shows leading up to the regular 3:00 kickoffs

In short, it just doesn't add up --with no lunchtime Prem fixture scheduled, our match away to Charlton on Saturday should be screening live on Setanta US; they're showing utter rubbish instead, and they really should be showing our game live, but it's not on the schedule

Even more baffling is the fact that for the following Saturday, with no lunchtime fixture going in the Prem, they have the Saints-Blackpool match from the Championship on the schedule as a live screening from 12:45 PM BST/7:45 AM USEDT. It just makes no sense

So to sum up, maybe Setanta US will add our match away to Charlton as a live screening --or not, and just screen live anyway, the morons-- and maybe they won't. Based on what I see, I wouldn't recommend that anyone head down the pub over this side, and of course I'll break in here with any news

**Strong hint alert**: meanwhile, I have stumbled upon a most useful device for streams, and I would be happy to pass along that information discreetly via HNA? PM or, to those privy to my contact information, via my email/AOLIM/MSNM/MySpace

If interested, please get in touch with me by this Friday evening for the quick 'n' dirty how-to...
Last edited by RoyalChicagoFC on 20 Aug 2008 23:51, edited 1 time in total.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Charlton (A) er, read on...

by PremAddict » 20 Aug 2008 23:34

Hopefully good news RC.

On a whim, I went to the Setanta schedule and low-and-behold, they have the match listed as a LIVE SCREENING!

Keep your fingers crossed.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 20 Aug 2008 23:42

Well, look what we caught. :roll: :lol:

So there it is, folks --Setanta US have finally got round to doing what makes senssssssse and slotting in our match away to Charlton for a live screening this Saturday morning, with the pre-match to go from 7:30 AM Eastern U.S. time and kickoff set for 7:45 (4:45 on the West Coast).

A single repeat screening remains scheduled for 4:30 AM EDT on Monday on Setanta.

Cheers for the headsup PA. Carry on, everyone.

Royal Yank
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: A dry county in North Carolina... but close to the county line. WooHoo!

by Royal Yank » 21 Aug 2008 01:43

RoyalChicagoFC Well, look what we caught. :roll: :lol:

So there it is, folks --Setanta US have finally got round to doing what makes senssssssse and slotting in our match away to Charlton for a live screening this Saturday morning, with the pre-match to go from 7:30 AM Eastern U.S. time and kickoff set for 7:45 (4:45 on the West Coast).

A single repeat screening remains scheduled for 4:30 AM EDT on Monday on Setanta.

Cheers for the headsup PA. Carry on, everyone.

WooHoo :)

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 21 Aug 2008 16:24

FWIW, I looked on the DirecTV program schedule last night and it wasn't updated to show the Reading match. Probably a little behind on the update since I believe my box downloads updates during the night. I'll check again today to verify as I'm a bit skittish with Setanta.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 21 Aug 2008 16:48

PremAddict FWIW, I looked on the DirecTV program schedule last night and it wasn't updated to show the Reading match. Probably a little behind on the update since I believe my box downloads updates during the night. I'll check again today to verify as I'm a bit skittish with Setanta.

Don't blame ya for that, but wouldn't worry much about DTV being behind on the update. All Setanta's fauLOLt as usual.

Still on the latter's schedule as of this writing.

jgriowa

by jgriowa » 22 Aug 2008 15:41

PremAddict FWIW, I looked on the DirecTV program schedule last night and it wasn't updated to show the Reading match. Probably a little behind on the update since I believe my box downloads updates during the night. I'll check again today to verify as I'm a bit skittish with Setanta.

As of this morning (Aug 22), Dish Network has it on their on-line schedule. Setanta must have responded to my little email I sent them the first part of the week. (Yeah, right...)

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: QPR (H) LIVE on Setanta US

by RoyalChicagoFC » 07 Oct 2008 19:11

Queen's Park Rangers at home on Saturday 25th October has been moved for live UK broadcast on Sky from 5:20 PM BST/12:20 PM USEDT

Based on what I know, it may be inferred that Setanta US will pick it up for a live screening, but nothing has been confirmed --although it's typical for them to show the late Saturday afternoon kickoff from the Colaship live here in the States at lunchtime on the East Coast

We should be getting confirmation on Sunday or early next week, but Setanta being Setanta, it may not come until the last minute. Idiots!

Those who do not have Setanta US as part of their satellite package will need to find a pub, and I can help with that. Ten minutes after the match kicks off, FSC will have Blackburn-Boro on live, which is not a match that I would expect to pack the pubs full of pLOLastics --so stateside Royals should enjoy the benefit of some elbow room to go along with the pleasure of seeing the Royals in action

Looking farther ahead, the home match with Coventry has been moved to Monday 1st December at 8:00 PM GMT/3:00 USEDT. However, there is little chance that it will screen here, since Liverpool host West Ham at the same hour --and, while Setanta have exclusive U.S. broadcast rights to Football League fare, they also get to do Monday nite Prem games over this side --and the latter of course get priority if there's a conflict. A same-day delayed screening is worth hoping for

Update 14th October: Also, Birmingham away on Saturday 20th December from 7:45 AM US EST is looking a distinct possibility for live screening on Setanta US, but we won't know until 2 weeks ahead of time

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 22 Oct 2008 13:27

Right, confirming: this Saturday's home match w/Queen's Park Rangers is set for a live screening on Setanta US from 12:20 PM US EDT on the 25th

Those who do not have Setanta US as part of their satellite package will need to find a pub. The week's featured Prem match kicking off ten minutes into ours is Blackburn-Boro on FSC, and it's not one that I would expect to draw a large crowd to the pubs

One repeat screening is currently on Setanta US' schedule, and that is set for Monday the 27th at 2:45 PM Eastern UPDATE: Moved to 3:00

Please note: Britain and the rest of the EU return to standard time over the coming weekend, but the States remain on Daylight Saving Time for another week. What it means for the Reading fan:

--UK/EU move their clocks back by an hour overnite Saturday/Sunday 25th/26th October
--Next Tuesday's match away to Burnley kicks off at 7:45 PM GMT/3:45 PM Eastern U.S. time
--The match away to Bristol City on Saturday week 1st November kicks off at 3:00 PM GMT/11:00 Eastern U.S. time
--States move their clocks back by an hour overnite Saturday/Sunday 1st/2nd November, from which point normal time conversions apply

Another way of saying it is that times kickoff times in the UK are usual but will fall an hour later than normal in the U.S. until normal service resumes as the U.S. moves its clocks back

Looking farther ahead, the home match with Coventry has been moved to Monday 1st December at 8:00 PM GMT/3:00 PM US EST. However, there is little chance that it will screen here, since Liverpool host West Ham at the same hour --and, while Setanta have exclusive U.S. broadcast rights to Football League fare, they also get to do Monday nite Prem games live over this side --and the latter of course get priority if there's a conflict. A delayed screening is worth hoping for nonetheless

Also, the match away to Birmingham City scheduled for Saturday 20th December has been moved to 12:45 PM GMT/7:45 AM US EST for a Sky screening in the UK. With no Premier League match having been moved to that time, it appears that this one may be on for a live screening in the States on Setanta. We won't know until about two weeks before the date, but pencil this one down on your calendar in any case

jgriowa

by jgriowa » 24 Oct 2008 19:21

As always, thanks for the info. With the Championship getting far less TV time in the US, your posts are more critical than ever in keeping up with the vagaries of Setanta, etc.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: December possibiLOLities...

by RoyalChicagoFC » 28 Nov 2008 14:33

Just a look ahead based on what we know, what we don't, and what we reasonably may suspect...

The home match with Coventry that is set to go from 3:00 PM on Monday 1st December is not scheduled to screen in the States because Setanta US instead will be showing Liverpool-West Ham live at the same hour. Nor are any delayed screenings on the schedule

With the fixture having been rearranged for live UK broadcast on Sky, I suggest that there will be opportunities to see the match live but make no promises regarding reliability, clarity and so forth. If one doesn't understand what I mean, then one should feel free to PM me for details

Looking farther ahead, two more of our matches have had their kickoff times rearranged for UK TV purposes; they are:

Birmingham City (A) on Saturday 20th December from 7:45 AM EST
Watford (H) on Friday 9th January from 3:00 PM EST

With respect to Brum away, there are no Premier League kickoffs scheduled for lunchtime GMT on 20th December, so it is likely that Setanta US will screen it live. It is probable that we will not see it on the TV schedule until 7th December or so, one way or another. So mark the date and stay tuned

As for Watford at home, that is the only fixture on the schedule for Friday 9th January --so again, it is likely that Setanta US will pick it up for live screening. Given Setanta's customary slowness in getting the information out, there is no reason to expect that it would appear on their schedule before the 27th or 28th of December --so again, watch this space

Finally, there is a chance that if the draw for the FA Cup Third Round spins us out a tasty tie for the weekend of 3rd/4th January, one of the U.S. platforms would pick it up for a live and/or delayed screening, with PPV also a possibility if it's Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool --but that's getting ahead of things

We of course will monitor the situation with customary care and would post anything about it here as soon as something is known, and there will be updates and confirmations of other match screenings along the way

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 01 Dec 2008 20:25

Today's game is streaming nicely here:

http://www.justin.tv/live24s

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 01 Dec 2008 20:51

Peter Brackley @ the mike --top man, calls a proper game.

^^See second post preceding for a look ahead^^ into early January.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 01 Dec 2008 22:24

RoyalChicagoFC Peter Brackley @ the mike --top man, calls a proper game.

^^See second post preceding for a look ahead^^ into early January.

Yes, enjoyed the commentary, but he had trouble with Rahsenior's name all game.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Seek Internets Options for Brum (A)

by RoyalChicagoFC » 18 Dec 2008 12:06

I regret to be the bearer of bad tidings; such is my LOLot...

With no Premiership match scheduled for lunchtime on this coming Saturday 20th November --and with Setanta US functioning as the exclusive carrier of Football League fare in the States-- the reasonable hope had been that Setanta US would be carrying the match away to Birmingham City scheduled to kick off from 12:45 PM GMT/7:45 AM EST and to screen live on Sky in the UK

I regret to inform that Setanta instead have seen fit to schedule for that hour a live screening Hamilton v. Motherwell in the Scottish Premier League, and there is no delayed screening of the Birmingham match anywhere on their schedule

I therefore advise that to pursue live-streaming options for Saturday morning would be the way to go, and I add that at least Setanta Canada have scheduled Saturday's match for a live screening

As noted before, Watford at home has been moved for UK TV to a 3:00 PM USEST kickoff on Friday 9th January, so it is likely that Setanta US will pick it up for live screening --but there is no reason to expect that it would appear on their schedule before the 27th or 28th of December

So do watch this space for an update and for any additional news and notes pertaining to U.S. screenings of RFC fare as they reach my notice

630 posts