Wigan Match Thread

349 posts
Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Wigan Match Thread

by Chaney » 26 Apr 2008 17:11

3 points seperating 4 teams for two relegation places, don`t get anymore nailbiting than that, Fulhams last minute goal really f*cked us, before that a Fulham win and 3 points for us would have kept us up

zummerset

by zummerset » 26 Apr 2008 17:12

TFFT! When you consider how badly things could have gone its shite but no change - can we avoid defeat v Spurs - I don't think we can so will book my Derby tickets and hope for the best ( and jinx Bolton, Brum and Fulham). To be honest I think our GD could be what screws us ( possibly for a long long time).

Look I have gone from calm to desperate in a couple of sentences.......

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 26 Apr 2008 17:13

Avon Royal
jetsetwilly So providing Fulham win at Brum next week, 4 points will do us....

Fulham at home.

4 points will probably be enough anyway with bolton playing chelsea on the last day

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 26 Apr 2008 17:15

hopefully those who have tickets for next weekend will really get behind the team... it certainly won't be the time to get on their backs, and a good atmosphere might, just might, make a little bit of difference...

ruprecht

by ruprecht » 26 Apr 2008 17:16

I'm inflating the rumblesticks as i type.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 26 Apr 2008 17:20

Very happy with the point, but we really need to remember how to score goals.

jetsetwilly

by jetsetwilly » 26 Apr 2008 17:25

Fulham beat Brum 1-0, we lose 1-0 to spurs and 1-0 to Derby. Fulham lose 4-0 to Pompey, Brum lose to Blackburn.

Job done without another goal scored. Hail the heroes who haven't scored in 630 minutes of football.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2008 17:25

Platypuss Very happy with the point, but we really need to remember how to score goals.

Amen to that. I think Little needs to start from now on. oxf*rd whether he can last the game, we need to be good from the off not once all our players are nackered and disillusioned again.

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 26 Apr 2008 17:26

Blimey, Doyle's cousins family killed in house fire this morning. :shock:

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 26 Apr 2008 17:27

mr_number hopefully those who have tickets for next weekend will really get behind the team... it certainly won't be the time to get on their backs, and a good atmosphere might, just might, make a little bit of difference...

Do you seriously think that we won't get behind the team for what could be one of the biggest games in our history?
The support for this team,bearing in mind the dross that has been served up so many times, has been excellent and will remain so for the two games that will decide our destiny.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Apr 2008 17:29

Fat Leather Jacket Blimey, Doyle's cousins family killed in house fire this morning. :shock:

And Coppell decides football isn't more important than life or death. Apparently the family didn't want Doyle told until after the game but Coppell decided it was important that Doyle was told as soon as possible. Full credit to Doyle for insisting on playing despite hearing such devastating news.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 26 Apr 2008 17:31

jetsetwilly Fulham beat Brum 1-0, we lose 1-0 to spurs and 1-0 to Derby. Fulham lose 4-0 to Pompey, Brum lose to Blackburn.

Job done without another goal scored. Hail the heroes who haven't scored in 630 minutes of football.

Great - we go down on GD from Fulham. :roll:

jetsetwilly

by jetsetwilly » 26 Apr 2008 17:38

Platypuss
jetsetwilly Fulham beat Brum 1-0, we lose 1-0 to spurs and 1-0 to Derby. Fulham lose 4-0 to Pompey, Brum lose to Blackburn.

Great - we go down on GD from Fulham. :roll:

Ah yes, dodgy maths ! I think I meant 6-0 :)

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Apr 2008 17:39

But of course, we didn't need to strengthen our squad more in the transfer windows!

Never mind, Madejski's millions are safe and he can sleep easy at night.

zummerset

by zummerset » 26 Apr 2008 17:39

RoyalBlue
Fat Leather Jacket Blimey, Doyle's cousins family killed in house fire this morning. :shock:

And Coppell decides football isn't more important than life or death. Apparently the family didn't want Doyle told until after the game but Coppell decided it was important that Doyle was told as soon as possible. Full credit to Doyle for insisting on playing despite hearing such devastating news.

I was going to post a comment about Doyles form not deserving a place in the team and then remembered I am human too. Condolences Doyler and your family.

Heard Lita was shite anyway - so who can we expect to score. Little and Convey on the wings SC and Marek in midfield or we won't ever score even in the Screwfix challenge nowhere league

Very near...far away

by Very near...far away » 26 Apr 2008 17:40

All the permutations just don't matter - if we can't score and (hopefully) win the next couple of games, we don't really deserve to stay up. Not that I would begrudge us undeservedly staying up however, but you know what I mean.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 26 Apr 2008 17:41

Well be OK honest guv.

zummerset

by zummerset » 26 Apr 2008 17:50

Very near...far away All the permutations just don't matter - if we can't score and (hopefully) win the next couple of games, we don't really deserve to stay up. Not that I would begrudge us undeservedly staying up however, but you know what I mean.

If we do stay up we will have to get something against Spurs...but fully expect that we will be dependant on beating Derby in the final game and with our GD by quite a few! Some heads must roll in the Summer...

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Apr 2008 17:51

Victor Meldrew
mr_number hopefully those who have tickets for next weekend will really get behind the team... it certainly won't be the time to get on their backs, and a good atmosphere might, just might, make a little bit of difference...

Do you seriously think that we won't get behind the team for what could be one of the biggest games in our history?
The support for this team,bearing in mind the dross that has been served up so many times, has been excellent and will remain so for the two games that will decide our destiny.

I wish that were the case on HNA.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 26 Apr 2008 17:52

I still think that we can do enough to stay up but............................there needs to be major surgery in the summer to improve our recent buying record, how many of our signings, since we have been in the Prem, actually play 1st team football ??

349 posts