Madejski being booed yesterday

330 posts
Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Madejski being booed yesterday

by Southbank Old Boy » 02 Sep 2008 13:23

Yellowcoat May I just say what a pleasant change it is to see a sensible discussion rather than the ill informed rantings of the negative clique and their cohorts.

As someone who has been in the so called negative side of the fence, personally I'd just called it the realist side, I take a bit of offence at that comment

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 02 Sep 2008 14:06

Southbank Old Boy
Yellowcoat May I just say what a pleasant change it is to see a sensible discussion rather than the ill informed rantings of the negative clique and their cohorts.

As someone who has been in the so called negative side of the fence, personally I'd just called it the realist side, I take a bit of offence at that comment

Just for interest as Chelseas debts have been mentioned serveral times - Abromovich can call in the loan 'on demand' but with payment within 18 months.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 02 Sep 2008 14:08

RoyalBlue

So the positive clique and their cohorts always know best and are highly informed? Or just make out that that is the case?!!

LOL at clique, cohort, and informed

just a bunch of people on both side making the best of limited knowledge to come up with opinion.

but i think he just means the general tone of the thread-which is miles better than the ranting arguments recently on other threads

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 02 Sep 2008 14:37

Exactly!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Sep 2008 09:14

Royal Rother Beats me how, in real terms, converting a personal loan into shares could be construed as repaying my loan.

Simply that you now own a greater part of an asset instead of being owed the debt.

I know that as Madejski basically owns the whole thing it makes little difference but the bottom line is he's now owed less money from the club.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Sep 2008 09:26

...without having received a penny.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Sep 2008 09:57

Royal Rother ...without having received a penny.

...yet, which was basically my original point, although as Dirk pointed out, it probably doesn't affect the amount of money that is made available for transfers and wages.

Madejski is actually in the paper today defending the financial policies of the club following the 'booing' on Saturday, which he says he didn't hear anyway. Understandably he says he won't gamble the future of the club and wants to maintain the solid foundations blah blah blah.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 04 Sep 2008 10:15

Hoop Blah Madejski is actually in the paper today defending the financial policies of the club following the 'booing' on Saturday, which he says he didn't hear anyway.

Must say I didn’t hear any booing in Y24, just apathetic clapping for his unnecessary second pitch appeal. Then again I didn’t hear February’s earthquake either.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 04 Sep 2008 10:30

As I see it, John Madejski has never attempted to interfere with the buying and selling of players, so we should count ourselves lucky that we are not Newcastle of West Sham fans.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Sep 2008 10:33

who are both massive clubs,infinitely bigger than us, with bigger revenues, and richer chairmen, but at least one of them, if not both is being forced to sell players, without replacements, due to overstretching themselves in terms of transfers and wages.
and still people moan at madejski

330 posts