RODGERS OUT. END OF

467 posts
Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: RODGERS OUT. END OF

by Dirk Gently » 23 Oct 2009 13:14

How much of it is said for the benefit of the press - and at their behest - and how much of it does he believe?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 23 Oct 2009 13:15

Dirk Gently How much of it is said for the benefit of the press - and at their behest - and how much of it does he believe?

If that is the case then he's an even bigger idiot than he comes across as.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 23 Oct 2009 13:17

floyd__streete
Dirk Gently How much of it is said for the benefit of the press - and at their behest - and how much of it does he believe?

If that is the case then he's an even bigger idiot than he comes across as.

He's certainly extremely naive when dealing with the press, yes. But more fool anybody who believes what they read from football journalists.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 23 Oct 2009 13:18

Dirk Gently He's certainly extremely naive when dealing with the press, yes. But more fool anybody who believes what they read from football journalists.

But of course. Are they putting words in his mouth though?

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 23 Oct 2009 13:18

(.)Boobies(.)
Focher Rodgers was on SSN this morning, and i quote:

" In a league like this we can definately make the play offs, if you put a run together you are right up there"

" I believe in the squad of players i have here "

" We will fight as hard as ever "

:|

Palace under Dowie a few years ago proves he's right. Sunderland too? But that was after a change of manager!

Interestingly I heard on 5live about research into the effect of changing managers (all changes since football 'began' when the top division became a separate league). Apparently if you compare the 6 games before the change with the 6 games after the change there seems to be a great effect, but if you compare 12 or 18 games before and after the sum total of the advantage is 4 or 5 points. This could be enough but it is not the panacea that some seem to think.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 23 Oct 2009 13:20

floyd__streete
Dirk Gently He's certainly extremely naive when dealing with the press, yes. But more fool anybody who believes what they read from football journalists.

But of course. Are they putting words in his mouth though?

Can't give you a simple, definitive, answer to that one, I'm afraid. I suspect the only media training he's had has been by watching Jose Mourinho....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Oct 2009 13:30

westendgirl
(.)Boobies(.)
Focher Rodgers was on SSN this morning, and i quote:

" In a league like this we can definately make the play offs, if you put a run together you are right up there"

" I believe in the squad of players i have here "

" We will fight as hard as ever "

:|

Palace under Dowie a few years ago proves he's right. Sunderland too? But that was after a change of manager!

Interestingly I heard on 5live about research into the effect of changing managers (all changes since football 'began' when the top division became a separate league). Apparently if you compare the 6 games before the change with the 6 games after the change there seems to be a great effect, but if you compare 12 or 18 games before and after the sum total of the advantage is 4 or 5 points. This could be enough but it is not the panacea that some seem to think.

I'd take 4 or 5 points more please!

Besides, that's a rather broad overview. Does it include managers leaving who weren't sacked? There have certainly been occasions when managers seemingly doing well have been sacked. It would be difficult to then come in and do a great deal better.

That will also include managers who are sacked because the personel simply aren't good enough. Hard to get better than shit out of shit. In our case we are very clearly under performing on the quality we have. And I firmly believe that is down to poor management.

What are the figures for the 30 games before and after?

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 23 Oct 2009 14:08

23rd October 1989. Twenty years ago today, Ian Branfoot was sacked. Let's do another one and get rid of this twunt.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Oct 2009 15:52

Ark Royal 23rd October 1989. Twenty years ago today, Ian Branfoot was sacked. Let's do another one and get rid of this twunt.

That was after a 4-0 humiliation at Leyton Orient or they may have just been called Orient back then.

Get rid of the idiot now. Rodgers must go! Cut your losses! And in the words of Bernard Bresslaw, "Fakir OFF!!!"

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 23 Oct 2009 16:00

Terminal Boardom That was after a 4-0 humiliation at Leyton Orient or they may have just been called Orient back then.

Fairly sure they were called Leyton Orient in 1989.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 23 Oct 2009 16:36

Terminal Boardom
Ark Royal 23rd October 1989. Twenty years ago today, Ian Branfoot was sacked. Let's do another one and get rid of this twunt.

That was after a 4-0 humiliation at Leyton Orient or they may have just been called Orient back then.

Get rid of the idiot now. Rodgers must go! Cut your losses! And in the words of Bernard Bresslaw, "Fakir OFF!!!"

4-1 Leworthy(?) Anyhow, the travelling support (me not included) were baying for Branfoot's blood. It was an abject performance.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Oct 2009 16:44

Ark Royal
Terminal Boardom

4-1 Leworthy(?) Anyhow, the travelling support (me not included) were baying for Branfoot's blood. It was an abject performance.

I was there. It was dreadful. I don't recall too much "Branfoot out!" Must have been cos I was pissed after drinking in their Social Club after playing in the fanzine game which we lost 6-1.

Now, David Leworthy. He was shit!

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 23 Oct 2009 16:45

I still have this strange feeling that he will still turn it round and win the fans over by the end of the season. I have no rationale for this as he has seemed to make countless mistakes so far. It is probably just my RTG glasses getting steamed up, but maybe a win Monday will make us all feel a lot better.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Oct 2009 16:49

Like everyone did after the Preston game you mean? :|

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 23 Oct 2009 17:05

I see what you mean. Buy your pitchfork now.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Oct 2009 17:09

i really hope he turns it round, just to ram it down the throats of all the gheylhords
but i dont know why, and dont really believe he will
its just hope

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Oct 2009 17:15

brendywendy i really hope he turns it round, just to ram it down the throats of all the gheylhords
but i dont know why, and dont really believe he will
its just hope

I'd love him to be successful, and after he's sacked here at the right club in the right circumstances he could do great things. Providing he learns from his (many) mistakes. But he isn't learning from anything right now.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Oct 2009 17:33

how would you know what he is learning

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Oct 2009 17:34

brendywendy how would you know what he is learning

By him not continuing to make the same/similar mistakes as he's been making all season?

Just a thought.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Oct 2009 17:37

while that may be easily be true, it could just as easily be that every time he tries something different, the outcome is the same, due to the team not really being better than bottom of the table fodder, at best.
like i said, you wouldnt know.

467 posts