Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
yuomi

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by yuomi » 11 May 2012 10:36

were it not for the fact that the everton saga made anton look a bit like an impetuous schoolboy with eyes bigger than his stomach i would scoff at that rumour....

philM

by philM » 11 May 2012 10:37

yuomi were it not for the fact that the everton saga made anton look a bit like an impetuous schoolboy with eyes bigger than his stomach i would scoff at that rumour....

Well since that "fact" is complete bollocks you can scoff away.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 11 May 2012 10:38

If there's one site on the interweb I trust less than HNA and getReading its Football Rumours.

Normally a big fan of andrew1957's work but this is disappointing.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 11 May 2012 10:38

andrew1957 From Football Rumours website - would not normally take any notice but it does have a ring of truth about it.

10 May 2012 13:52:44
Reading takeover by the Thames Sport Investment group halted after it emerges Zingarevich only has £30mill which is not considered enough by Madejski. Madejski was initially promised Anton's father, Boris, would be involved. However, due to the recession, Zingarevich senior has lost over 15% of his wealth, and so no longer wishes to throw money at his son's favourite football team.

Honestly, why did you feel the need to copy that to here? That site is full of excitable children picking their fantasy teams, or those that get off on seeing something they submitted getting posted.

AZ is the face of TSI, he could have £100 in his piggy bank and it wouldn't matter.

His father is believed to be a billionaire, and some reports say three times over. But no-one knows for sure,let alone him losing 15 poxy % and there are probably other investors (Samuelson has said they wanted to remain anon)....

Shame on you trusting that site.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 11 May 2012 10:43

Cobi
andrew1957 From Football Rumours website - would not normally take any notice but it does have a ring of truth about it.

Reading takeover by the Thames Sport Investment group halted after it emerges Zingarevich only has £30mill which is not considered enough by Madejski. Madejski was initially promised Anton's father, Boris, would be involved. However, due to the recession, Zingarevich senior has lost over 15% of his wealth, and so no longer wishes to throw money at his son's favourite football team.

Honestly, why did you feel the need to copy that to here? That site is full of excitable children picking their fantasy teams, or those that get off on seeing something they submitted getting posted.

AZ is the face of TSI, he could have £100 in his piggy bank and it wouldn't matter.

His father is believed to be a billionaire, and some reports say three times over. But no-one knows for sure,let alone him losing 15 poxy % and there are probably other investors (Samuelson has said they wanted to remain anon)....

But as i keep telling you TSI is only Anton and his Dad

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 May 2012 10:44

Extended-Phenotype

winchester_royal

LOL, so Boris has only just realised that the recession has cost him 15% of his wealth? :lol:

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 11 May 2012 10:49

10539.4 Miles Away If there's one site on the interweb I trust less than HNA and getReading its Football Rumours.

Normally a big fan of andrew1957's work but this is disappointing.

Hope you are right and thanks for the kind comment.

However, if there is the slightest doubt about how much money is behind the bid I would be much happier if the deal was stopped. The last thing we would want is owners who have no money - as we have all seen how that works with the Pompey saga et al.

As I have said before even if the deal does not go through, we still owe a huge debt of gratitude to TSI as without them we almost certainly would not have been promoted (certainly automatically).

I trust JM to make the right decision for the club (as he is unlikely to want to risk his reputation being tarnished) and I will enjoy next season even if we go into it with a few free transfers and bargain buys.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 May 2012 11:43

TBM
Cobi

But as i keep telling you TSI is only Anton and his Dad

And you would know how exactly?

RepressedRoyal

by RepressedRoyal » 11 May 2012 12:00

The silence surrounding this deal is deafening, of course the rumours site is utter drivel, but the feeling is something must be going wrong, though it is speculative to try to understand what exactly, such is the secrecy surrounding it.

My guess is that JM is desperate for it to work as I think he needs to get his hands on the money, but he also doesn't want the legacy of being the man who built Reading then sold it down the Thames. He is in a difficult situation, but he may well have been hoodwinked, who knows?

I wouldn't lose any sleep if we bailed out of this now, with the money we have gained, our Premiership/Championship status is secure for the next few years at least. Frankly, in my opinion, there have been preposterous delusions of future grandeur (Europe etc etc) that I have found difficult to comprehend without any money even being place.

I would rather have some WBA type financially stable yo-yo-ing than a one off top seven finish resulting in a two legged Euro Lotto League game against Black Star Bungaslavia shortly before we collapse in to financial oblivion and a series of 15 point penalties that leaves us singing "Your so loud because your Aldershot"

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 11 May 2012 12:19

RepressedRoyal

by RepressedRoyal » 11 May 2012 12:21

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 11 May 2012 12:27

:lol:

Emmer Green Royal

by Emmer Green Royal » 11 May 2012 12:29

[quote="winchester_royal"][url]http://www.getbracknell.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2113573_still_no_approval_of_reading_fc_takeover_deal?[/url]

Yawn.[/quote]

In which Fordham says "And Royals fans have begun to express guarded scepticism on message boards"

Nice understatement there, calling 179 pages of rambling incoherent b*ll*x "guarded scepticism"

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 11 May 2012 12:30

Yep, anyway....

HI JONNY :!:

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 11 May 2012 12:31

ROFLussian ROFLevoLOLution

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 11 May 2012 12:32

Ideal They have no money. Deal is dead.

don`t tell me you have a source as well. that makes about 12 of you.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 11 May 2012 12:39

If the PL is truly taking this long then they must really be under a lot of pressure. They are being heavily criticised for the Blackburn fiasco but in the past the fit and popper test has taken about 40 seconds and in our case it is about 40 days and counting - quite a difference!

Emmer Green Royal

by Emmer Green Royal » 11 May 2012 12:39

[quote="Ideal"][quote="Chaney"][quote="Ideal"]They have no money. Deal is dead.[/quote]

don`t tell me you have a source as well. that makes about 12 of you.[/quote]

No source, pure guesswork and conjecture. I simply believe they have no money, and that is the reason for the deal stalling.[/quote]

SJM isn't stupid. If they had no money it wouldn't have got this far.

philM

by philM » 11 May 2012 12:41

+1

Looks like Fordham phoned the PL and they refused to comment. That's his "story" :roll:

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 11 May 2012 12:42

philM

+1

Looks like Fordham phoned the PL and they refused to comment. That's his "story" :roll:

the mans a Journalism god :roll:

5145 posts