Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

3239 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Aug 2024 20:47

That'll be a refund incoming then.

Do they not diarise the season start or something?

Audio late at the weekend. Last season they missed a game.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Aug 2024 15:10

RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal Are the cup games included with the Royals TV International pass? I don't remember that being the case last season, but I can't see anywhere to buy a match pass, and I have watch live, just no broadcast as yet.

Carabao Cup games are included. It also seems that games covered by Sky and Sky+ will be available with a Royals TV international pass. The only games not available will be those EFL select for International Broadcast, our home game v Huddersfield being the first one). Maybe the massive 28% increase in cost is down to having to buy rights from Sky? Would be interesting to see what other clubs are charging for their video service.

To answer my own question, I saw a Doncaster fan on Twitter saying that he'd requested the refund of the $230 he'd paid, so it looks like the standard charge is around £180/$230.

MM

by MM » 14 Aug 2024 16:57

I live in a country that has unsold TV rights for the EFL. My understanding is that even those fixtures being shown as an 'international broadcast event' will be available in countries like mine.

Saturday was a shambles. First, there was no build-up commentary for the hour before the game - just visuals with no sound at all. Then there was no commentary at the start of the game (it came back after a minute or two IIRC). At some other point the whole thing had a technical fault and stopped showing video. And after the game there were interviews with both managers that had BBCRB studio talk playing over the top of the video. You could watch the managers speaking, hear they were talking, but not actually hear what they were saying. Being forced to listen to the odd folks that call-in to BBCRB instead of listening to the managers was obviously quite painful.

Last night, I had no issues with full audio and usual (BBC Berks) commentary available. This included pre-game stuff the same as it has been in previous years. I suspect that Saturday was so bad as they seemed to be using two different sources (TV & radio) that were not in sync with each other (I don't mean time lag, I mean actually separate sources). Last night, the video and commentary was probably from one source and worked fine here.

Off point, I noticed that BBCRB stopped working online for me several weeks ago (whether using my natural location or a VPN set to UK), even when outside of 'live sport commentary' times. Today at work I tried it in the morning and it worked again though, so perhaps this 'block' over the last few weeks was not intentional on their part and they have fixed the issue.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 16 Aug 2024 15:36

I've not been following the detail of this all.

Can someone answer me a quick, straightforward question, please: What Reading matches will be available in for someone in the UK who has Sky Sports on SkyQ? Is it only certain matches in certain time slots, and if so where is that publicised, please?

Thansk muchly...

Tinpot Royal

by Tinpot Royal » 16 Aug 2024 15:47

Dirk Gently I've not been following the detail of this all.

Can someone answer me a quick, straightforward question, please: What Reading matches will be available in for someone in the UK who has Sky Sports on SkyQ? Is it only certain matches in certain time slots, and if so where is that publicised, please?

Thansk muchly...

All Pizza Cup games (plus League Cup if we were still in it), all midweek league games, plus any other games selected (Birmingham, Huddersfield, Lincoln & the other couple of 12:30 KOs I can't remember off the top of my head)

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 16 Aug 2024 15:50

Tinpot Royal

Thansk muchly...

All Pizza Cup games (plus League Cup if we were still in it), all midweek league games, plus any other games selected (Birmingham, Huddersfield, Lincoln & the other couple of 12:30 KOs I can't remember off the top of my head)

So no Saturday 3pm games?

But every one that has a non-3pm kick-off time on a Saturday can be assumed to be available?

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 16 Aug 2024 15:54

I was just Googling this for my own info.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/ ... his-season

Which EFL games will be live on Sky?

Each full weekend of EFL fixtures will see 10 live matches shown - including three Championship, two League One and two League Two matches all broadcast live at 12:30pm on Saturdays.

All opening weekend, final day, and midweek fixtures in the EFL will be shown live, as will all games played on Bank Holidays including Easter, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.

The matches played in League One and League Two during international breaks will also be available live.

For the first time ever, fans will be also able to watch every match from the Carabao Cup and Bristol Street Motors Trophy.

Tinpot Royal

by Tinpot Royal » 16 Aug 2024 16:12

Dirk Gently
Tinpot Royal

Thansk muchly...

But every one that has a non-3pm kick-off time on a Saturday can be assumed to be available?

Saturday 3pm is still not allowed apart from the first & (I think) last games of the season. Hence why we've had games moved to 12:30, typically mainly home games

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 16 Aug 2024 16:16

Tinpot Royal
Dirk Gently
Tinpot Royal

Saturday 3pm is still not allowed apart from the first & (I think) last games of the season. Hence why we've had games moved to 12:30, typically mainly home games

Brilliant, thanks :-)

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 20 Aug 2024 14:08

As expected Stockport (A) postponed due to international call-ups.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 20 Aug 2024 14:29

Maybe one day League 1 will get an international break :roll:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Aug 2024 15:15

Silver Fox Maybe one day League 1 will get an international break :roll:

Already? Have squads been announced then? Who have Reading had called up; Savage (Wales), Bindon (NZ), CBC (Jamaica) or Dorsett (Montserrat)?

What about Stockport, do they currently have 3+ internationals?

Last midweek trip (as it will now be) to Stockport that the club endured was the 5-1 embarrassment, with about 40 away fans there, back in March 1998. Actually that was the last time we played Stockport anywhere at all.

lightning strikes

by lightning strikes » 24 Aug 2024 13:28

Why is the Wrexham game not available on Royals TV ?

It's not being shown on sky according to the EFL. https://www.efl.com/news/2024/august/22 ... ationally/

Anyone know where I can watch it from Spain?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Aug 2024 13:53

lightning strikes Why is the Wrexham game not available on Royals TV ?

It's not being shown on sky according to the EFL. https://www.efl.com/news/2024/august/22 ... ationally/

Anyone know where I can watch it from Spain?

I suspect it's one of the international selected fixtures. It's on Paramount+ in the US.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 24 Aug 2024 14:03

It is particularly frustrating. I want to give someone money to watch this football match but it's being made very difficult. If anyone finds a decent stream/workaround please let us know.

lightning strikes

by lightning strikes » 24 Aug 2024 14:03

Hold on, I think it is available. As there is only an audio match pass thought it wasn't available, but with the season subscription it seems to be working.

Although at the moment the audio is toilet.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 24 Aug 2024 15:00

International match pass is there now for those of us watching from ‘abroad’… :?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Aug 2024 15:04

Yeah, fine here.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 27 Aug 2024 15:11

Stockport (A) rearranged for Tuesday, 29th October.

3239 posts