5145 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by sandman » 11 May 2012 12:43

Ideal
Chaney
Ideal They have no money. Deal is dead.

don`t tell me you have a source as well. that makes about 12 of you.

No source, pure guesswork and conjecture. I simply believe they have no money, and that is the reason for the deal stalling.

Ohhh, well that makes all the difference.
Last edited by sandman on 11 May 2012 12:46, edited 2 times in total.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 11 May 2012 12:44

philM

+1

Looks like Fordham phoned the PL and they refused to comment. That's his "story" :roll:

Even better is his one quote from any club official.

"We set the budget before the end of the season"

Fascinating stuff.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 11 May 2012 12:54

winchester_royal
philM

+1

Looks like Fordham phoned the PL and they refused to comment. That's his "story" :roll:

Even better is his one quote from any club official.

"We set the budget before the end of the season"

Fascinating stuff.

I have to say it is one of JF's more fascinating and thought provoking pieces. Full of new information and insightful comments about the deep inner workings of the club.

However, I am now logging back on to the football rumours site for some actual news.

GreaterTorontoRoyal

by GreaterTorontoRoyal » 11 May 2012 13:37

Even if Boris has lost 15% of his wealth he still has 3x what Madejski has, 750x0.85=637.5
637.5m v 250m (at most, probably closer to 200) hmmm.

RepressedRoyal

by RepressedRoyal » 11 May 2012 14:10

Does anyone know if Jonny has a book coming out? What a roller coaster of a novel that would be!!
I actually feel sorry for the poor sod, he is under pressure to publish news, but he has absolutely nothing to go on, there is not even a hint of anything on the official website......it is like the Kremlin after Chernobyl. complete silence.

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 11 May 2012 16:09

Perhaps this is the problem

http://www.mutualtrust.ch/

:roll:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 11 May 2012 16:34

On Tuesday, I contacted the Premier League and asked them how long a their Fit & Proper Person test takes, or their Directors/Owners test - whatever they liked to call it - and they responded on Wednesday, with this:

In terms of club ownership we provide a framework that includes rules governing who can invest in our clubs and, introduced for the 2010/11 season, a requirement for clubs to prove that they are sustainable by submitting future financial information showing they can meet their liabilities for the year ahead.

Details can be found in our handbook under section D;

http://www.premierleague.com/content/da ... 011-12.pdf

I didn't expect them to answer my question tbf and true to form, they didn't!! :wink:

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 11 May 2012 17:20

madstadblues I wonder what Venky's looked like ......

Like Mike Ashley's

Can't hear Newcastle complaining about him any more

#ficklefans

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 11 May 2012 21:13

McDermott's interview on 5 Live this evening mentioned that a few players are incoming.

The TSI delay doesn't appear to be interfering with transfer targets, which is in some way a relief.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 11 May 2012 21:43

Friday's Legacy McDermott's interview on 5 Live this evening mentioned that a few players are incoming.

The TSI delay doesn't appear to be interfering with transfer targets, which is in some way a relief.

It's a good thing yes, but most of the people we're after seem to be free transfers (Butterfield, McCleary, Guthrie..) -- all quality though in fairness.

A mate of mine from Watford says it's a one horse race and Mariappa is almost certainly ours. He thinks it's a £2m deal.

Still the same prudent RFC, with or without new wealthy owners (Ideal will not be pleased)..

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 11 May 2012 22:36

Big Ern The big question is, will it be confirmed before we get to 200 pages on this thread?

I'm going to go for no.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 12 May 2012 05:47

Old article on takeover, but Interesting to see Putin quoting how Russians wanting to invest, should be investing in clubs in Russia...with him just announced president again, wonder if he has applied any pressure on Boris to reconsider... :wink:

http://www.sports.ru/en/football/136132035.html

The Cube

by The Cube » 12 May 2012 06:32

Royal Lady On Tuesday, I contacted the Premier League and asked them how long a their Fit & Proper Person test takes, or their Directors/Owners test - whatever they liked to call it - and they responded on Wednesday, with this:

In terms of club ownership we provide a framework that includes rules governing who can invest in our clubs and, introduced for the 2010/11 season, a requirement for clubs to prove that they are sustainable by submitting future financial information showing they can meet their liabilities for the year ahead.

Details can be found in our handbook under section D;

http://www.premierleague.com/content/da ... 011-12.pdf

I didn't expect them to answer my question tbf and true to form, they didn't!! :wink:

Based on a quick look, that section does appear to answer the question, though. Promoted clubs have to submit certain information about directors within 21 days of becoming a member of the Premier League. We're not a member yet, so it has nothing to do with them.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 May 2012 07:32

For newly promoted teams - they have to send in their financial stuff for the forthcoming year within 28 days. For teams already in the Prem, it's 14 days before the start of the season, I think I read.

But that does not answer my question as to how long the checks TAKE.

And if we're not yet members - which I, personally, think is incorrect - and we haven't had to submit director information yet, why on earth would JM be saying it will all be sorted "next week" for the last few weeks?

Cypry

by Cypry » 12 May 2012 10:09

Royal Lady why on earth would JM be saying it will all be sorted "next week" for the last few weeks?

But he hasn't - he's said we "hope" it'll be sorted next week...

Who knows what the PL are saying to the club - I'm sure that nobody wants to get this resolved faster than the club themselves, and I'm certain that they'll be in regular touch with the relevant people at the PL.... I work in software and the number of times I've been waiting for someone to complete a fix or patch and been told "next week" and then finally something materialises several weeks later is untrue...

At the end of the day, the PL season hasn't even finished yet.......it could very well be that the PL haven't even started to look at the deal yet. They asked us to provide information and we did so almost immediately....if they've got three teams to check out they might be waiting to find out who the third promoted team is before they even start investigations......it'll happen when it happens....

I for one still believe the moneys there - the theory that Anton has no cash seems to have been perpetuated by whatever went on at Everton, but that whole affair is shrouded in mystery with two completely different sides to the story - take it with a pinch of salt...I'm certain that SJM and his team would have made sure that the relevant finances were indeed in place....

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 May 2012 10:24

Cypry
Royal Lady why on earth would JM be saying it will all be sorted "next week" for the last few weeks?

But he hasn't - he's said we "hope" it'll be sorted next week...

Who knows what the PL are saying to the club - I'm sure that nobody wants to get this resolved faster than the club themselves, and I'm certain that they'll be in regular touch with the relevant people at the PL.... I work in software and the number of times I've been waiting for someone to complete a fix or patch and been told "next week" and then finally something materialises several weeks later is untrue...

At the end of the day, the PL season hasn't even finished yet.......it could very well be that the PL haven't even started to look at the deal yet. They asked us to provide information and we did so almost immediately....if they've got three teams to check out they might be waiting to find out who the third promoted team is before they even start investigations......it'll happen when it happens....

I for one still believe the moneys there - the theory that Anton has no cash seems to have been perpetuated by whatever went on at Everton, but that whole affair is shrouded in mystery with two completely different sides to the story - take it with a pinch of salt...I'm certain that SJM and his team would have made sure that the relevant finances were indeed in place....

Well you miss my point by a mile! If the PL hasn't even finished yet and it could very well be that the PL haven't looked at the deal yet, why is SJM continually pronouncing "could be next week?" If he hasn't got any idea, why not just keep schtum until he and the club are told something by the PL? Out of interest, how do SJM and his team "make sure the relevant finances are in place"? Are they given access to the Zingarevich bank accounts - or do they just trust the word of AZ and Samuelson - serious question - not trying to score points - just don't understand how they can be so sure that the money is, indeed, there. Wasn't there someone once who tried to buy a club - and it was all promoted to the media etc and they didn't have a penny to their name? Portsmouth rings a bell, but I might be wrong. Probably am!

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 12 May 2012 10:28

Because he loads whole lot more than you about running a football club and this deal maybe?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 May 2012 10:30

Arnie_Pie

Because he loads whole lot more than you about running a football club and this deal maybe?

If I knew what you meant, I might agree. I doubt it though. The whole point is, people are saying the PL may not even have looked at this deal yet, so what is the point of SJM continually saying "next week" when he hasn't any more of a scooby than you or I, it would appear? It doesn't appease fans when next week keeps coming and going. He's better off not saying anything shirley?

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 12 May 2012 10:34

Not wanting to encourage you any more, but make your mind up!

Royal Lady - Re: Your picture with the trophy! I'd agree that a donation to charity would be a great option - considering with or without TSI takeover, we're going to have a few million knocking around soon.

:roll:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 May 2012 10:37

Is it not a fact, that due to having gone up to the PL, we will be paid a few million for the privilege? Therefore, we have a few million knocking about - WITH or WITHOUT any TSI money if the deal goes through. Can't see that anything you've quoted is incorrect there. But please point me in the direction of my mistake :|

5145 posts