Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
GSY-Royal

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by GSY-Royal » 12 May 2012 21:33

Obolensky is CEO of Montenegro Central Bank and owns a fish smoking business in Dartmouth. Can't find a lot else.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 12 May 2012 21:39

As I said a couple of weeks ago, the PL asked TSI to be more open. That's why we suddenly heard from AZ, and kept hearing from him, and then his father made an appearance.

The fact Obolensky now gets a mention is further evidence of this. All cards now on the table and the PL have everything they have asked for. It's now a waiting game but the club are very confident that it will go through.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 12 May 2012 21:49

He says all the right things in that article.

Sounds like he's very confident about it going through too, which is good.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 12 May 2012 22:02

The Premier League have done a very good job so far. They wanted those involved that weren't initially mentioned to be made public and they now have that. AZ has provided proof of funds which this was obviously always about, so now it's when and not if. People just need to be patient.

Very pleased with the article. All very positive.

Also good to hear we will remain sensible in spending. People hoping got Hoilett, Zaha and Defoe aren't going to get them, not yet anyway. I really do believe we're going to be in sensible hands.

FL said the that the source that told him about the article being put together wasn't his main source. Wish I knew a few reliable sources! Top work again!

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 12 May 2012 22:06

Cobi Samuelson has always maintained Zingarevich's father Boris is not going to have a role at Reading but now admits: 'Boris has substantial wealth and he will help his son, if required.'

I assume the 'if required' is when they realise Anton's actually got fcuk all money?

And emulate Stoke? Great, can't wait to spend £25m on CROFLouch, JeROFLome and PaLOLacios and finish below Swansea.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 12 May 2012 22:17

Simon's Church
Cobi Samuelson has always maintained Zingarevich's father Boris is not going to have a role at Reading but now admits: 'Boris has substantial wealth and he will help his son, if required.'

I assume the 'if required' is when they realise Anton's actually got fcuk all money?

And emulate Stoke? Great, can't wait to spend £25m on CROFLouch, JeROFLome and PaLOLacios and finish below Swansea.

your as laughable as your board name.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 12 May 2012 22:20

And I'm told Boris Zingarevich is already involved.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 12 May 2012 22:26

Simon's Church

Yes, Simon Church is much better than all of those.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 12 May 2012 22:29

Chaney
Simon's Church

your as laughable as your board name.

You're as laughable as your spelling and grammar.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 12 May 2012 22:57

This reads to me as a planted story with Samuelson speaking to the mail rather than being approached by the journo. Doesn't even appear with a byline for a journo. Astute media management. As Fl says now in the open with the great nephew... Again information that was I suspect offered rather then dug up

FL as a source you go way beyond any inside knowledge we have had on reading before. Given that level of knowledge, you must have to play quite a balacing act betweenyour ability to get that information and not being suspected of sharing it so publicly. Although that seems to be positively encouraged sometimes

Still it keep us well informed so do keep it coming.

Pat Butchers Ring

by Pat Butchers Ring » 13 May 2012 07:00

Surely a coincidence of an address in Tilehurst?

http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/911022386

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 13 May 2012 07:16

Friday's Legacy And I'm told Boris Zingarevich is already involved.

I've been telling you lot that for weeks :D

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 13 May 2012 07:56

Pat Butchers Ring Surely a coincidence of an address in Tilehurst?

http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/911022386

I know this company well and the owner,it services transport and cars and has a great reputation.I also know the owner and director,a real nice guy named Peter and employs around twenty people including his son.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 13 May 2012 09:12

So what is obolensky worth then?

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 13 May 2012 09:50

I bet it hasn't gone down very well at RFC that between Friday's Legacy and the Daily Mail they have revealed a new Director before the club official announces it? :lol: SJM likes to have full control of what comes out of the club. I can't imagine he'll be very happy knowing that a paper did some digging and got a scoop on them with apparent ease.

I've heard the word 'firewall' being used from a DT Journalist when he was asked if he knew anything more about TSI. Perhaps there'll be a further update from the club next week.

I expect Jonny Fordham to break the news of Obolenski and Boris' involvement late next week....

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 13 May 2012 09:59

Cobi Good work again FL.
as will businessman Andrew Obolensky, the great-nephew of Prince Obolensky'

This was known as he was at the managment meeting on 22 February as is shown in the notes of that meeting on the STAR website.

That was a fun meeting as various people kept going in and out as it was the day Brian signed his new contract, but Andrew Oblensky came in with Nigel Howe and was introduced to us all. He then sat silent all the time STAR were there, but don't know if he was just an obserrver for the rest of the meeting or not.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 13 May 2012 10:13

Cobi I bet it hasn't gone down very well at RFC that between Friday's Legacy and the Daily Mail they have revealed a new Director before the club official announces it? :lol:.

lmao.

Loving FL strolling in announcing all our signings and takeover plans before the club/papers :lol:

Hobnob hero.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 13 May 2012 10:15

Cobi I bet it hasn't gone down very well at RFC that between Friday's Legacy and the Daily Mail they have revealed a new Director before the club official announces it? :lol: SJM likes to have full control of what comes out of the club. I can't imagine he'll be very happy knowing that a paper did some digging and got a scoop on them with apparent ease.

I've heard the word 'firewall' being used from a DT Journalist when he was asked if he knew anything more about TSI. Perhaps there'll be a further update from the club next week.

I expect Jonny Fordham to break the news of Obolenski and Boris' involvement late next week....

I don't think the football club will be all that bothered. As starliaison has said above, AO has been involved in some capacity for some time now along with CS. Only his role when the takeover is completed was never made public, but it wont be a surprise it got out at all. The PL now have the transparency that asked for, and all cards are now on the table. They know BZ will be involved and will know his wealth, so this should now be a formality and just a waiting game now.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 13 May 2012 10:18

Fine by me, if the transparency is there and the PL investigate it all fully then you can't say fairer than that. If its meant to be...it'll happen, if there are problems or shady dealings going on it won't. I think most reading fans will agree that while this talk of financial investment in the club in the coming years would be a great thing....no one would be interested in becoming a portsmouth or a Blackburn. Hopefully the PL have ways which safeguard clubs from these types of scenarios going forwards.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 13 May 2012 10:20

FiNeRaIn
Cobi I bet it hasn't gone down very well at RFC that between Friday's Legacy and the Daily Mail they have revealed a new Director before the club official announces it? :lol:.

lmao.

Loving FL strolling in announcing all our signings and takeover plans before the club/papers :lol:

Hobnob hero.

If Jonny Fordham had any sense he'd try and befriend him, rather than block him on twitter. :lol:
He's blocked a few fans now for questioning his lateness of his 'scoops' and pinching things from here rather than building his own contacts from reliable media sources. :roll: More fool him then.

5145 posts