Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
Loyal Royal Royal

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Loyal Royal Royal » 14 May 2012 14:28

HoneyRoastHoax
Loyal Royal Royal i know his sounds dodgy and unreliable but mate of mine viewed a house at the weekend and got talking to the owner about RFC.

the guy was a " close personal friend " of SJM and he reckons take over is definitely off and SJM not concerned as we in prem.

reliable or not the delay could give both parties a convenient way of backing out gracefully.

You can't delay something that is "definitely off"

meant delay in announcing it.

inference is they waiting for the right time to announce so both parties can come up smelling of roses.

personally i want deal to happen but even i can't put positive spin on the length of time its taking.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 14 May 2012 14:40

mr_number
HoneyRoastHoax You can't delay something that is "definitely off"

Ooh, I love it when it get's philosophical on here!

Thinking laterally...howabout a throw in?

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 14 May 2012 15:05

I only listen to FL rumours! :)

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 14 May 2012 15:19

Loyal Royal Royal i know his sounds dodgy and unreliable but mate of mine viewed a house at the weekend and got talking to the owner about RFC.

the guy was a " close personal friend " of SJM and he reckons take over is definitely off and SJM not concerned as we in prem.

reliable or not the delay could give both parties a convenient way of backing out gracefully.

This is getting tedious

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 14 May 2012 15:35

Chaney

This is getting tedious

Getting?

I can't wait for this to resolved one way or the other. Then we can have a new 3 digit long thread where a bunch of people will be navel gazing, hand wringing and generally being neurotic about it representing doom for the club resulting in the club being in administration within 3 years regardless of the outcome of the sale.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 14 May 2012 15:43

Its all fine but they are having to count his money and its all in 1ps. Thats why its taking so long

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 May 2012 15:57

My mum's mates with Cilla Black and she says there's no problems at all and it'll be completed on Thursday.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 14 May 2012 15:59

Ah, Jon Keen has found his voice again and we can expect a blog very soon. Prepare yourself for more negativity, and the full support of one repetitive and easily lead poster...

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 14 May 2012 16:05

HoneyRoastHoax Its all fine but they are having to count his money and its all in 1ps. Thats why its taking so long

You would think that there would be an automatic coin sorter somewhere.

This is my favourite all time thread. Loads of keyboard warriors getting their rocks off by posting shitloads of utter drivel. So much entertainment that I can hardly contain myself.

tlcs

by tlcs » 14 May 2012 16:07

Ian Royal

My mum's mates with Cilla Black and she says there's no problems at all and it'll be completed on Thursday.

And she coldnt get you a ticket for the Birmingham game !!! :roll:

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 14 May 2012 16:39

Loyal Royal Royal the delay could give both parties a convenient way of backing out gracefully.

I'm not sure there's any way SJM could come out of this well after all the swooning his done over TSI. "Match made in heaven" etc. If it turns out Anton hasn't got enough money then he looks like a right old fool.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 14 May 2012 17:11

PieEater
Loyal Royal Royal the delay could give both parties a convenient way of backing out gracefully.

I'm not sure there's any way SJM could come out of this well after all the swooning his done over TSI. "Match made in heaven" etc. If it turns out Anton hasn't got enough money then he looks like a right old fool.

Much better to admit to being fooled than to allow the takeover to happen and for us to end up like Pompey. In any case I think all true fans should think even more highly of Sir John's tenure if he had the guts to walk away from a bad deal. Only a real fool would carry on with the sale just to save face.

As I have said before we have a lot to thank TSI for whatever happens as without them we probably would not be in the PL.

So if TSI turn out to be the real deal and the sale goes ahead and they have money - then great and if not we carry on as before, but with more confidence this time as parachute payments are both larger and last for longer.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 14 May 2012 17:15

andrew1957
PieEater

Much better to admit to being fooled than to allow the takeover to happen and for us to end up like Pompey. In any case I think all true fans should think even more highly of Sir John's tenure if he had the guts to walk away from a bad deal. Only a real fool would carry on with the sale just to save face.

As I have said before we have a lot to thank TSI for whatever happens as without them we probably would not be in the PL.

So if TSI turn out to be the real deal and the sale goes ahead and they have money - then great and if not we carry on as before, but with more confidence this time as parachute payments are both larger and last for longer.

^ that.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 May 2012 17:18

If SJM needs this £25m then I wouldn't hold it against him if he took the premier league money straight out of the club and we dropped back down to the championship. In fact I would prefer that to seeing the club sold on to a 3rd party who may not have the best interests of the club in mind (not suggesting that is the case here!). We know where we stand with SJM.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 14 May 2012 17:20

Forbury Lion If SJM needs this £25m then I wouldn't hold it against him if he took the premier league money straight out of the club and we dropped back down to the championship. In fact I would prefer that to seeing the club sold on to a 3rd party who may not have the best interests of the club in mind (not suggesting that is the case here!). We know where we stand with SJM.

:shock: :| :lol:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 May 2012 17:21

winchester_royal
Forbury Lion If SJM needs this £25m then I wouldn't hold it against him if he took the premier league money straight out of the club and we dropped back down to the championship. In fact I would prefer that to seeing the club sold on to a 3rd party who may not have the best interests of the club in mind (not suggesting that is the case here!). We know where we stand with SJM.

I bet Portsmouth fans wish they'd had a SJM.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 14 May 2012 17:29

Forbury Lion
winchester_royal

I bet Portsmouth fans wish they'd had a SJM.

Yes, because a SJM DOESN'T take £25m out of a club and hence doom them to inevitable relegation.

That wouldn't be having the club's best interests at heart, that would be having his own personal interests and destroying a fantastic opportunity to build the club.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 14 May 2012 17:30

Cobi Ah, Jon Keen has found his voice again and we can expect a blog very soon. Prepare yourself for more negativity, and the full support of one repetitive and easily lead poster...

He's a tiresome little man.

Apparently journo's have 'uncovered' TSI. How have TSI been 'uncovered' in any way, shape or form? Or have I missed something?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 May 2012 17:34

Where have you seen all this, out of interest?

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 14 May 2012 17:35

winchester_royal
Cobi Ah, Jon Keen has found his voice again and we can expect a blog very soon. Prepare yourself for more negativity, and the full support of one repetitive and easily lead poster...

He's a tiresome little man.

Apparently journo's have 'uncovered' TSI. How have TSI been 'uncovered' in any way, shape or form? Or have I missed something?

Indeed he is. He certainly prefers the sound of his own voice.

TSI uncovered eh? lol. That'll be us now knowing AZ, BZ and AO.

Royal Lady Where have you seen all this, out of interest?

His Twatter feed.

5145 posts