Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Royal Lady » 14 May 2012 17:36

Oh right. Cheers.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 14 May 2012 17:38

Cobi; I believe his comments in the "uncovered" tweet are referring to when someone made a very unfunny joke about that telegraph smear piece with zero quotes, full of innuendo and implying that being acquitted of any wrong doing means you did something wrong, maybe being a bitter West Ham supporter.

He of course wasn't, but it was a joke. Or at least I read it as one.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 14 May 2012 17:44

ZacNaloen Cobi; I believe his comments in the "uncovered" tweet are referring to when someone made a very unfunny joke about that telegraph smear piece with zero quotes, full of innuendo and implying that being acquitted of any wrong doing means you did something wrong, maybe being a bitter West Ham supporter.

He of course wasn't, but it was a joke. Or at least I read it as one.

But he plans a new blog on TSI, which judging by his previous is full on negativity.

Tweet: are you going to promise a TSI one next week ?

Keen: Nope, probably going to deliver one much sooner than that. That's top of the list.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 14 May 2012 17:45

200 pages is a formality, or even 250. I`m going on holday the middle of June, any chance of a outcome before then?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 14 May 2012 17:50

And i'm sure it will have as much substance as ever.

He can't be specific with his grievances because that opens him up to legal recourse.

TSI want a certain amount of secrecy, but they have willingly given us more and more information over the last few weeks.

So all we can do is wait for the Premier league to make their minds up, and having read the document Royal Lady posted a few pages back, I don't think that will happen until we are officially inaugurated into the premier league which hasn't happened yet, so technically we aren't their responsibility. We are in club limbo as there is no point in the FL signing anything off anyway, as the premier league have different rules.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 14 May 2012 17:53

Cobi But he plans a new blog on TSI, which judging by his previous is full on negativity.

Out-fucking-rageous

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 14 May 2012 18:02

andrew1957
PieEater
Loyal Royal Royal the delay could give both parties a convenient way of backing out gracefully.

I'm not sure there's any way SJM could come out of this well after all the swooning his done over TSI. "Match made in heaven" etc. If it turns out Anton hasn't got enough money then he looks like a right old fool.

Much better to admit to being fooled than to allow the takeover to happen and for us to end up like Pompey. In any case I think all true fans should think even more highly of Sir John's tenure if he had the guts to walk away from a bad deal. Only a real fool would carry on with the sale just to save face.

As I have said before we have a lot to thank TSI for whatever happens as without them we probably would not be in the PL.

So if TSI turn out to be the real deal and the sale goes ahead and they have money - then great and if not we carry on as before, but with more confidence this time as parachute payments are both larger and last for longer.

I was thinking more about him being fooled, and then having the PL FPP investigation to point that out to him.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 May 2012 18:13

winchester_royal
Forbury Lion
winchester_royal :shock: :| :lol:
I bet Portsmouth fans wish they'd had a SJM.

Yes, because a SJM DOESN'T take £25m out of a club and hence doom them to inevitable relegation.

That wouldn't be having the club's best interests at heart, that would be having his own personal interests and destroying a fantastic opportunity to build the club.

If you re-read my original post, the options I presented were:
1. SJM takes £25m out of the club (assuming an urgent need to gain cash is his reason for the sale, which has never been stated).
2. SJM sells up to a dodgy dealer to get the money and that dodgy dealer asset strips the club, sells the ground off, loads it with debt etc etc to make a quick buck before selling on.

Better of two evils, SJM cares about his reputation too much to do the dirty but if he has no choice he can easily take the money out, either directly or indirectly.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 14 May 2012 18:34

I'd rather neither tbh

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 14 May 2012 18:59

Terminal Boardom
HoneyRoastHoax Its all fine but they are having to count his money and its all in 1ps. Thats why its taking so long

You would think that there would be an automatic coin sorter somewhere.

This is my favourite all time thread. Loads of keyboard warriors getting their rocks off by posting shitloads of utter drivel. So much entertainment that I can hardly contain myself.

Don't worry, I count yours as utter drivel.

Pat Butchers Ring

by Pat Butchers Ring » 14 May 2012 19:12

It is on Jon Keens agenda to increase STAR's shareholding and eventually become a major shareholder. With these empire building plans no wonder he puts a negative spin on anything relating to TSI.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 14 May 2012 19:24

Pat Butchers Ring It is on Jon Keens agenda to increase STAR's shareholding and eventually become a major shareholder. With these empire building plans no wonder he puts a negative spin on anything relating to TSI.

I didn't think he was with STAR any more? Someone on here mentioned a while back that his comments had upset the club regarding TSI, so it's probably a good thing he isn't with STAR any more then.

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 14 May 2012 21:29

We have a UAE billionaire who lives round the corner from me in Flackwell Heath called Khalaf Al Habtoor.

Please, Khalaf, buy us and put your construction business on our shirts (and get your guys to build a bigger stadium).

By all accounts, very well regarded locally and sponsors a young persons award each year in the local community.

TSI just feels like it's off. Shame if it is but maybe we can get a real billionaire now WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 May 2012 22:13

tlcs
Ian Royal
Loyal Royal Royal i know his sounds dodgy and unreliable but mate of mine viewed a house at the weekend and got talking to the owner about RFC.

the guy was a " close personal friend " of SJM and he reckons take over is definitely off and SJM not concerned as we in prem.

reliable or not the delay could give both parties a convenient way of backing out gracefully.

My mum's mates with Cilla Black and she says there's no problems at all and it'll be completed on Thursday.

And she coldnt get you a ticket for the Birmingham game !!! :roll:

I was at Birmingham.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 15 May 2012 00:06

TommyF We have a UAE billionaire who lives round the corner from me in Flackwell Heath called Khalaf Al Habtoor.

Please, Khalaf, buy us and put your construction business on our shirts (and get your guys to build a bigger stadium).

By all accounts, very well regarded locally and sponsors a young persons award each year in the local community.

TSI just feels like it's off. Shame if it is but maybe we can get a real billionaire now WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!

Yeah billionares looking to buy football clubs just grow on trees. And what if our knight in shining armor doesn't show up if the TSI deal falls through? One year in the PL. Back down to the Championship with the club pocketing the money to cover new and existing debt. Losing players like Pearce, Feds, Karacan, Kebe. Losing our coach who has built a solid reputation and will be a wanted man. But we'll be in the Championship and won't have all the hassles of being a PL club. Sometimes I think there is a larger than insignificant portion, not saying you but generally speaking, of the fan base which would prefer us remaining safe, secure and a well run team in Championship than being a PL club.

I hope the TSI deal works out and still believe it will. But I am not putting any money on someone else acceptable to SJM to step up to fill the void if it goes belly up and if they do I don't know if they will buy into the Reading Way of doing things (Venky's, Convers Sports, SISU, etc).

ZacNaloen And i'm sure it will have as much substance as ever.

He can't be specific with his grievances because that opens him up to legal recourse.

TSI want a certain amount of secrecy, but they have willingly given us more and more information over the last few weeks.

So all we can do is wait for the Premier league to make their minds up, and having read the document Royal Lady posted a few pages back, I don't think that will happen until we are officially inaugurated into the premier league which hasn't happened yet, so technically we aren't their responsibility. We are in club limbo as there is no point in the FL signing anything off anyway, as the premier league have different rules.

^^^this

Refresh my memory, when do we "officially" get promoted so the PL can sign off on this or nix it?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 May 2012 05:51

I believe we officially become a PL club on 1st July, as that is the beginning of the football year.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 15 May 2012 08:25

I haven't missed anything then. :|

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 15 May 2012 08:36

No, this has been (and continues to be) endless pages of speculation about something that no-one seems to have any insights to at all. Expect another wedge of uninformed comment to follow each day that there is a delay.

It is a touch frustrating that nothing appears to have moved forward for a while. In the time that we have been waiting, Rangers has had several collapsed deals and enough publicity about them to put us to shame. Still, I still haven't seen anything that causes me active concern about the TSI deal.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 15 May 2012 08:44

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!!

nothing to report

Carry on!

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 15 May 2012 08:46

13 pages of drivel to go before we hit the milestone