Manchester City vs Reading *Match Thread* Sponsored by 4-5-1

408 posts
Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Manchester City vs Reading *Match Thread* Sponsored by 4

by Avon Royal » 22 Dec 2012 17:28

LUX Pretty hurtful end to the match, saddened me a lot.

Avon Royal posting utter bollox all afternoon made it worse. Just fck off. Please.

Get over yourself you utter tart :lol:

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 22 Dec 2012 17:29

thought i'd just posted ' He was all over Shorey wadacunt' on Facebook but it's autocompleted to '...all over Parker Shorey wadacunt'

he's PM'd a wtf?

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 22 Dec 2012 17:30

Foul or not - 90 + minutes at the Etihad - if we had scored that, the ref would have disallowed it.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 22 Dec 2012 17:30

Avon Royal

Avon Royal posting utter bollox all afternoon made it worse. Just fck off. Please.

I've disagreed with a lot of your comments. I'd be interested to know your profile so i can figure out why the difference in opinions

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 22 Dec 2012 17:32

urz13
Turns8
JayRoyal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JASsv-TJOdo
for those who haven't seen it yet

That is not a foul in a million years....Shorey doing his normal defensive duties on the back post...he's looking at the goal when he should be side on...thus allowing him to judge the flight of the cross and also be more aware of Barry steaming in...any movement in the form of a jump or something would probably put Barry off slightly...

#wemoveon

Its a clear foul. He's using his hands to climb on Shorey's back. Foul, everyday of the week.

No he isn't...he is already in the air...when he jumps he's at least 6ft away from Shorey and his momentum carries him into Shorey...not a foul...if the two of them had been together and Barry had used his arms to push up over Shorey then that would be a foul... :roll:

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 22 Dec 2012 17:34

Guardian UK Gareth Barry turned up at the far post in the second minute of added time to just about legally climb* above Nicky Shorey and nod in David Silva's cross

* aka "not legally"

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 22 Dec 2012 17:35

urz13
Turns8

That is not a foul in a million years....Shorey doing his normal defensive duties on the back post...he's looking at the goal when he should be side on...thus allowing him to judge the flight of the cross and also be more aware of Barry steaming in...any movement in the form of a jump or something would probably put Barry off slightly...

#wemoveon

Its a clear foul. He's using his hands to climb on Shorey's back. Foul, everyday of the week.

No he isn't...he is already in the air...when he jumps he's at least 6ft away from Shorey and his momentum carries him into Shorey...not a foul...if the two of them had been together and Barry had used his arms to push up over Shorey then that would be a foul... :roll:[/quote]

Momentum doesn't mean its not a foul.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 22 Dec 2012 17:38

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 22 Dec 2012 17:38

Claridge and his mate(?) talking crap about it on BBC.

Anywhere else on the pitch that would be a foul.
Last edited by Gordons Cumming on 22 Dec 2012 17:41, edited 1 time in total.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 22 Dec 2012 17:38

creative_username_1
Avon Royal

I've disagreed with a lot of your comments. I'd be interested to know your profile so i can figure out why the difference in opinions

I mainly use the team board to let off steam - nothing more complex than that. I also tend to err on the side of decisive action rather than "wait to see if things get better". As Brian McDermott would say, it just goes to show my passion for the club. :wink:

Other people disagree, and that's fine - kind of what a discussion forum should be all about.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 22 Dec 2012 17:39

urz13 The devastating thing is, had we been given the penalty and the goal disallowed we could have had 3 points to build from and kick on from, and maybe, just maybe, stayed up. That has quite possibly just sent us down. Thanks ref you massive oxf*rd.

Yea sure. It's all the refs fault and a point or 3 points would have saved us.

Get a grip.

We couldn't beat QPR, Fulham, Wigan, Sunderland, Aston villa, Southampton, Stoke.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 22 Dec 2012 17:39

peterroyal76
Momentum doesn't mean its not a foul.

:shock:

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 22 Dec 2012 17:40

Based on that still above, it looks a foul to me. What's done is done though.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 22 Dec 2012 17:40

peterroyal76 Momentum doesn't mean its not a foul.

Football is still a contact sport though! or am I missing something...Barry is in mid air...he has 2 options...duck out of the header and try and avoid colliding with Shorey (to not upset a few Reading fans!!)...or try and head the ball towards goal (winning the game for his employer!)...not really that difficult to work out which option he's going to choose...

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 22 Dec 2012 17:45

Turns8
peterroyal76 Momentum doesn't mean its not a foul.

Football is still a contact sport though! or am I missing something...Barry is in mid air...he has 2 options...duck out of the header and try and avoid colliding with Shorey (to not upset a few Reading fans!!)...or try and head the ball towards goal (winning the game for his employer!)...not really that difficult to work out which option he's going to choose...

He's not collided with him, he's climbed over him.

What about the third option? "Sorry ref I clearly fouled him, their free kick." :wink:

GreaterTorontoRoyal

by GreaterTorontoRoyal » 22 Dec 2012 17:50

cmonurz
Arnie_Pie That is quite possibly the worst ever not given foul I have ever seen. How the fcuk did the ref not see that?

oxf*rd.

Barry actually jumps from a small distance away from Shorey, and is running on to the ball. What's he supposed to do, not challenge for the ball because Shorey happens to be stood there?

If Shorey had challenged for the header, it would have been a regular aerial contest with both players with their arms in the air.

THIS. Shorey didn't try and let the team down.

Also, no one has talked about the headers Pearce missed. There was a good one he could have scored but headed it 10 yards wide because he thought Zabaleta would get it. However, he was solid defensively. I was just a bit disappointed when he got forward.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 22 Dec 2012 17:53

I've just noticed we are 9 points off 16th place which will be 10 if Villa get anything tomorrow at Chelsea.

We have to get at least 4 points from the next 2 games - the transfer window will be too late otherwise

Biscuit_Boy

by Biscuit_Boy » 22 Dec 2012 18:06

Gutted, we deserved better. But losing to Man City is not the reason we're going down.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 22 Dec 2012 18:06

Turns8
No he isn't...he is already in the air...when he jumps he's at least 6ft away from Shorey and his momentum carries him into Shorey...not a foul...if the two of them had been together and Barry had used his arms to push up over Shorey then that would be a foul... :roll:

The rule states that if you are gaining an unfair advantage it would be deemed a foul. IMO Barry would not have been able to float in mid air like that unless he was using Shorey.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 22 Dec 2012 18:06

Everyone is w@nking over how well we did - we had 10 men behind the ball for the entire game. How many saves did Joe Hart make?

Hint: It's none.

Legs of wood and McAnuff out - Midfield of Guthrie, Karacan and Tabb - with HRK just behind Pog.

408 posts