Re: Wigan (H) Match Thread - Sponsored by a real 6 pointer

by super darren caskey » 23 Feb 2013 17:31

Is Roberts injured still?

If not surely he would come in

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 23 Feb 2013 17:32

super darren caskey Is Roberts injured still?

i dont even think he is in our 25 man squad mate.

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 23 Feb 2013 17:32

USA_Loyal_Royal
Plymouth_Royal
USA_Loyal_Royal
i dont think its anton's fault. he has been putting a lot of money into our club, more than SJM ever would be able to do. we bought a lot of players who could be considered prem quality, pog and guthrie were to big ones. we had a lot of unfortunate events ie: everything that has happened with guthrie, pogs lack of form, various injuries to our main players, overall lack of form, harsh scheduling, harsh loses, and an overall demoralizing season. i dont think we can blame anton cause he is trying his best to splash cash for players. but he cant do much when we are still little old reading and players dont want to risk their careers coming here when we will most likely end up back in the championship.

I agree. Anton has always given McD money when he's wanted it. This solely down to McD. Looking back over the season so far it seems to be McD's decision to give the team who got us promoted a chance and that backfired. As well as strange team selections and tactics. Come January we invested and yet again another bizarre team selection has cost us imo. We now have to revert back to 4-4-2 (the thought of Hunt playing again makes me sick) and have some difficult games ahead. If we go down. I hope Anton has the balls to take us forward by getting someone else at the helm.

mcdermott has proven that he is quality enough to take us to the championship and win. i think mcdermott will learn a lot from this little lesson and if we do drop to the championship next season he will buy the players we need to make our squad good enough for the prem. he wont rely on loyalty to players who overachieved the season prior and he will do what is required to get results. when hunt came on today i actually got physically sick, my stomach started hurting and i felt like throwing up. mcdermott HAS to make some quality signings this summer weather it be in the prem or championship. i have a bad feeling that if we go down we will lose a lot of key players from top clubs. (feds, alfie, pearcey, morrison, kebe, pog, etc).

I would have thought McDermott would have learned from Coppell's mistake in our second season in the Prem. He's been here long enough to see what has gone on in the past and is better placed to have done something about it. I agree about losing our best players if we go down. Would probably remove morro from that list though.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 23 Feb 2013 17:33

USA_Loyal_Royal

I dont see why,he isnt that bad

Better than Hunt and Blackman

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 23 Feb 2013 17:35

super darren caskey
USA_Loyal_Royal

I dont see why he isnt that bad

Better than Hunt and Blackman

agreed mate, but i think mcdermotts thought process is that he is going to retire at the end of the season why not give blackman a shot to prove himself and get experience etc. idk why he isnt ahead of hunt honestly. hunt is shit.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Feb 2013 17:41

McD has lost the plot - trying to say he didn't play Pearce because he should have got closer to two players in the Stoke game?

It's pathetic. And I've lost a little respect for him after hearing the interview with him. If he'd said how fed up he was and some of the players didn't turn up or whatever, I'd have thought better of him. "We move on" Bollox to that.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 23 Feb 2013 17:41

WHAT ABOUT GUTHRIE FOR oxf*rd SAKE

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 23 Feb 2013 17:42

muddyfeet
Kelly was the only plus point today, Pog is no loss really

so tell me please Einstein, who exactly is going to play the one up front holding role now?

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 23 Feb 2013 17:42

He generally talks bollocks after defeats so nothing new there

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 23 Feb 2013 17:42

windermere_royal
muddyfeet
Kelly was the only plus point today, Pog is no loss really

so tell me please Einstein, who exactly is going to play the one up front holding role now?

Well it should be Jason Roberts

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Feb 2013 17:43

blueroyals WHAT ABOUT GUTHRIE FOR oxf*rd SAKE

Nothing wrong with his wife, "he just wasn't selected". :x

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 23 Feb 2013 17:45

So Pearce dropped for a couple of mistakes despite defensive improvements with him in the team; and Guthrie dropped completely for tactical reasons. Pathetic.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Feb 2013 17:46

Like I said, he's lost it. And I think Tim was too easy on him really. I'm happy to interview him after next home game. :x

yuuichi

by yuuichi » 23 Feb 2013 17:48

cmonurz Holding back on commenting too much on Guthrie for now given his recent personal circumstances, but Brian will deserve every piece of criticism he gets if he dropped Guthrie for tactical reasons.

I do hope he is asked straight about by Radio Berks about that and about dropping Pearce.

Dropped according to tactical reasons.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Feb 2013 17:50

At least we don't have to have these endless discussions about a stadium expansion now. :roll:

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 23 Feb 2013 17:50

Royal Lady Like I said, he's lost it. And I think Tim was too easy on him really. I'm happy to interview him after next home game. :x

Dellor interview once again lacked any decent questions. It's the same every week and unless his boss never listens I do not know how he is allowed to interview Mdc. Give the job to Ady Williams please.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 23 Feb 2013 17:55

USA_Loyal_Royal i have a bad feeling that if we go down we will lose a lot of key players from top clubs. (feds, alfie, pearcey, morrison, kebe, pog, etc).

Why? The biggest message that was delivered from TSI and Brian was that, with the new owner, we wouldn't have to sell.

Unless they have a release clause for relegation or we're offered silly money, I wouldn't expect to lose many. If we do sell and it's not for one of these two reasons, then there will be a MAJOR problem.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 23 Feb 2013 17:57

Mike Hunt
PremAddict Worst most ineffective performance I've seen for sometime. This was a triple-play of baddies:

1-demoralizing 6pointer loss
2-Pog out for three important games
3- three to the negative on GD

I'll watch our remaining games with 99.9% certainty we are going down, but as a Yank, I need to get as much as I can get before the "blackout" of next year's C'ship season.

This is the saddest thing...

Hi Mike, hope you weren't being sarcastic...

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 23 Feb 2013 17:59

We are always portrayed as a "nice club" but isnt that the crux of the problem, the owners have bought into Mcdermotts style and even last year on that stunning run to the championship we got "lucky" in many matches of that run, the present side don't look to be even upto championship top six level, we haven't attacked this Premiership in any way at the standard required and the inevitable would appear to be on the horizon.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2013 18:09

USA_Loyal_Royal

No, he is wasting one of the 25 places! :twisted: Consequence of another poor transfer window that, in terms of finding cover for Roberts and Pog, only added an anonymous striker who didn't even get on the bench today!

PremAddict
USA_Loyal_Royal i have a bad feeling that if we go down we will lose a lot of key players from top clubs. (feds, alfie, pearcey, morrison, kebe, pog, etc).

Why? The biggest message that was delivered from TSI and Brian was that, with the new owner, we wouldn't have to sell.

Unless they have a release clause for relegation or we're offered silly money, I wouldn't expect to lose many. If we do sell and it's not for one of these two reasons, then there will be a MAJOR problem.

Pearce doesn't need a release clause or big money to prise him away!
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 23 Feb 2013 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

379 posts