Re: CONFIRMED - Danny Williams

by BKRoyale » 26 Jun 2013 13:32

floyd__streete
TBM I still prefer Struggle Pig

Sounds like my sex life.

:lol: :lol:

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 26 Jun 2013 13:37

yuuichi
Ouroboros :shock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Pig

A battle pig was an pig trained and guided by humans for combat. Their main use was to charge the enemy, trampling them and breaking their ranks and instilling terror. A division of battle pigs is known as piggery. They were first employed in the Napoleonic Wars.

Apparently, romans used to coat pigs in oil, charge them at the enemy to scare them and break their lines and set fire to them when they were surrounded by the enemy.

In 1943 the Russian trained dogs to associate the bottom of tanks with food, and then strapped bombs to their backs and pointed them at a division of German tanks.

But the dogs were so well-trained that they only associated Russian tanks with food, and the whole thing was a disaster as the bomb-armed dogs ignored the Germans and went off to look for them instead.

royal_ross

Re: Player flew in yesterday from Germany

by royal_ross » 26 Jun 2013 14:09

Z175
Royal91
LightwaterRoyal Can't think of the last time I saw us linked with a player fro the Bundesliga so it could be literally anyone.

I'm loving Anton so much right now, and to think we were worried. JM did a lot of good for us and selling to Anton may just be the best thing he ever did.

This +1

I certainly don't want to ruin the fun and be a boring pessimist, but (!) the wild optimism is making me slightly worried. I know how fickle we can all be. That fact is Zingarevich has owned the club for a year and we haven't spent any significant transfer fees, despite a premier league income. Of course we are paying big wages, but that could easily come out of future club earnings / borrowings rather than a lump sum gift from our generous Russian owner.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing and I'm very pleased with our two signings so far this summer. The problem is, I was very pleased with Pogrebnyak and Guthrie and that didn't turn out so well.

Obviously it's fun to get excited about potential signings, but I think it's a bit earlier to be whooping with glee about Anton being the best thing since sliced bread.

Lets either buy our way back to the premierleague or win some games with Adkins team of free transfers before celebrating prematurely.

Im just worried about unrealistic expectations, a few winless games at the start of the season and the above attitude will be totally reversed!

Agree totally. Feet on the ground.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Player flew in yesterday from Germany

by RoyalBlue » 26 Jun 2013 14:39

Z175
Royal91
LightwaterRoyal Can't think of the last time I saw us linked with a player fro the Bundesliga so it could be literally anyone.

I'm loving Anton so much right now, and to think we were worried. JM did a lot of good for us and selling to Anton may just be the best thing he ever did.

This +1

I certainly don't want to ruin the fun and be a boring pessimist, but (!) the wild optimism is making me slightly worried. I know how fickle we can all be. That fact is Zingarevich has owned the club for a year and we haven't spent any significant transfer fees, despite a premier league income. Of course we are paying big wages, but that could easily come out of future club earnings / borrowings rather than a lump sum gift from our generous Russian owner.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing and I'm very pleased with our two signings so far this summer. The problem is, I was very pleased with Pogrebnyak and Guthrie and that didn't turn out so well.

Obviously it's fun to get excited about potential signings, but I think it's a bit earlier to be whooping with glee about Anton being the best thing since sliced bread.

Lets either buy our way back to the premierleague or win some games with Adkins team of free transfers before celebrating prematurely.

Im just worried about unrealistic expectations, a few winless games at the start of the season and the above attitude will be totally reversed!

Pog and Guthrie failures were largely down to the way they were previously managed and the style of football dictated by the old regime. Already saw promising signs that Adkins was successfully turning Guthrie back into a good player and hopefully we will see the same with Pog - if he stays.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Jun 2013 14:44

The first 10 pages of this thread are hilarious, and should serve as a warning for all those that get excited by 'in the know' twitter accounts and rumours that fly about the internet so rapidly.

On Williams himself, I've never heard of him but I welcome his type of signing and think it probably shows the future is bleak for both Carrico and Legiertwood for next season.

Interesting to see how he shapes up and how Adkins wants to use him.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 26 Jun 2013 18:08

Don't know if its been mentioned yet, but here it is http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... on-4712590

I wonder wot gylfi said

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Jun 2013 18:51

yuuichi
Ouroboros :shock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Pig

A battle pig was an pig trained and guided by humans for combat. Their main use was to charge the enemy, trampling them and breaking their ranks and instilling terror. A division of battle pigs is known as piggery. They were first employed in the Napoleonic Wars.

Apparently, romans used to coat pigs in oil, charge them at the enemy to scare them and break their lines and set fire to them when they were surrounded by the enemy.

Excellent way to beat Elephant cavalry. The squeels of the burning pigs would terrify the Elephants and cause them to turn around and trample their own side as they ran away.

Plus Ouroboros... have you ever seen a full grown pig? They're fecking huge. Add in some wild boar style tusks and they're deadly bastards.

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 26 Jun 2013 19:51

URZZZZZ Don't know if its been mentioned yet, but here it is http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... on-4712590

I wonder wot gylfi said

Danny ; Reading want to sign me Gylfi
Gylfi : It's a brilliant little club which is going places
Danny; But they're in the 2nd tier...
Gylfi: They'll be in the Premier League next season and plus from January onwards you'll be playing alongside me again ;)

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 26 Jun 2013 19:55

Ian Royal .

Plus Ouroboros... have you ever seen a full grown pig? They're fecking huge. Add in some wild boar style tusks and they're deadly bastards.

I don't doubt it. Perhaps tricky to marshall on the battlefield though.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 27 Jun 2013 00:42

James Harper called but all I could hear was muffled noises cos Williams has stolen his mouth

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 28 Jun 2013 16:48

He's wearing squad number 23 in training.

Drenthe 10,

Who is number 25 in picture 4?

A lot of the younger players don't have numbers though. All the first team seem to remain the same.
Last edited by maffff on 28 Jun 2013 16:49, edited 1 time in total.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 28 Jun 2013 16:49

Jakey Taylor by the looks of it

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 28 Jun 2013 16:50

....oh yeah!

Thanks.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 04 Jul 2013 17:51

I think signing this guy could be a great bit of business (I hope anyway). He seems like he is really happy to have joined us (called it a dream move). He has experience in the Bundesliga and for the USA national side. Usually German players, (or players that have played in Germany alot) do well in England because the Bundesliga is the most similar league to the Premier League. Still only 24 years old as well, so still more time to grow and improve. I think he could be a top signing.

Hungary Royal

by Hungary Royal » 04 Jul 2013 18:00

Not read (Dodd me if needed) the whole of this thread, but what is with the pigs dogs? Are you all bored? IN! if we're attempting to break a record or something

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Jul 2013 19:24

Hungary Royal Not read (Dodd me if needed) the whole of this thread, but what is with the pigs dogs? Are you all bored? IN! if we're attempting to break a record or something

Google translate told us a German fan of his referred to him as their "struggle pig".

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 04 Jul 2013 22:33

Dose anyone actually know if this guy is any good?

Also is he gay? Came across that way in his interview in SSN

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 04 Jul 2013 22:35

URZZZZZ Also is he gay?

Not according to your mum.

370 posts