Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8685 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Buyout

by RoyalBlue » 15 Oct 2013 20:22

loyalroyaldaz So will this effect the Gylfi signing?

No but it might affect the signing and I'm not sure what the effect of that would be.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 15 Oct 2013 21:09

RoyalBlue

No but it might affect the signing and I'm not sure what the effect of that would be.

To be fair, the meaning may have been "Will this cause the Gylfi signing?" ...

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 15 Oct 2013 21:22

I suspect it will only be on loan now.

Major Inconvenience

by Major Inconvenience » 16 Oct 2013 10:40

Does Gylfi have enough money to buy half the club? Then employ himself as Player-Manager-Chairman?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 16 Oct 2013 12:22

Pretty sure this wouldn't be going on if there were any serious questions over the club's future:

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/new-training-ground-161013-1116406.aspx

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 16 Oct 2013 12:37

Royalee Pretty sure this wouldn't be going on if there were any serious questions over the club's future:

'The conditional contract will be finalised on the receipt of planning permission, and a full planning request will be submitted to Wokingham Borough Council in the near future.'

They've not even submitted a planning application yet so let's not get too excited.
Getting planning permission is not a formality.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Oct 2013 12:46

id imagine agreeing to buy acres of prime real estate regardless of planning is still quite a big thing that wouldnt be happening if we had no money whatsoever and our owner was off

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 16 Oct 2013 12:50

M Brook
Royalee Pretty sure this wouldn't be going on if there were any serious questions over the club's future:

'The conditional contract will be finalised on the receipt of planning permission, and a full planning request will be submitted to Wokingham Borough Council in the near future.'

They've not even submitted a planning application yet so let's not get too excited.
Getting planning permission is not a formality.

Agree, conditional contract does not mean anything until those conditions have been satisfied

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Oct 2013 13:58

melonhead id imagine agreeing to buy acres of prime real estate regardless of planning is still quite a big thing that wouldnt be happening if we had no money whatsoever and our owner was off

Don't be ridiculous! There must be some kind of sneaky Russian plot to leave us in debt otherwise all the people who believe a rumour generated on the football-rumours website would look preeeetty stupid.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 16 Oct 2013 14:05

I notice they are quick to release the details of buying a field and yet can't find the time to say owt about missing the deadline to buy half the f/cking club.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 16 Oct 2013 14:11

I am slightly confused. You see I would have thought the purchase of 120 acres of prime Berkshire real estate would have set the owners back a few quid (well, quite a few actually :D ), but actually it means nothing because we haven't got planning permission. The fact that we have exchanged contracts, even with conditional terms, probably means we are legally liable for something if it goes tits up. Not to mention the PR shitstorm that will come if we back out, making us (and, obviously, our owner) look very untrustworthy. But this all means nothing, as we don't have planning permission.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 16 Oct 2013 14:19

Extended-Phenotype I notice they are quick to release the details of buying a field and yet can't find the time to say owt about missing the deadline to buy half the f/cking club.

But I thought they did? Wasn't there a statement about it being delayed, but both sides being happy? That's a statement right there.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 16 Oct 2013 15:05

Extended-Phenotype I notice they are quick to release the details of buying a field and yet can't find the time to say owt about missing the deadline to buy half the f/cking club.

Because one is a club concern (club buying ground) and one is a shareholder concern (private transaction between the two owners)?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 16 Oct 2013 15:24

Elm Park Pasty

But I thought they did? Wasn't there a statement about it being delayed, but both sides being happy? That's a statement right there.

My criticism is that the statement was unnecessarily vague. Others are cool wid it, though - so nay bother.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 16 Oct 2013 15:51

Elm Park Pasty I am slightly confused. You see I would have thought the purchase of 120 acres of prime Berkshire real estate would have set the owners back a few quid (well, quite a few actually :D ), but actually it means nothing because we haven't got planning permission. The fact that we have exchanged contracts, even with conditional terms, probably means we are legally liable for something if it goes tits up. Not to mention the PR shitstorm that will come if we back out, making us (and, obviously, our owner) look very untrustworthy. But this all means nothing, as we don't have planning permission.

Just perhaps the reason why there is a delay in buying JM's shares. Extra capital is needed for both. Perhaps AZ wants a Saudi partner so extra money can be invested.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 16 Oct 2013 16:23

paddy20
Elm Park Pasty I am slightly confused. You see I would have thought the purchase of 120 acres of prime Berkshire real estate would have set the owners back a few quid (well, quite a few actually :D ), but actually it means nothing because we haven't got planning permission. The fact that we have exchanged contracts, even with conditional terms, probably means we are legally liable for something if it goes tits up. Not to mention the PR shitstorm that will come if we back out, making us (and, obviously, our owner) look very untrustworthy. But this all means nothing, as we don't have planning permission.

Just perhaps the reason why there is a delay in buying JM's shares. Extra capital is needed for both. Perhaps AZ wants a Saudi partner so extra money can be invested.

as i said, no Saudi's are in the for the club.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Oct 2013 16:32

its a pretty big oxf*rd field.
and generally most unbuilt on land usuable for training grounds will be fields

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 16 Oct 2013 16:37

melonhead

its a pretty big oxf*rd field.
and generally most unbuilt on land usuable for training grounds will be fields

That's all well and good but for me, the field isn't really the issue. :lol:

Bowman's Quiver

by Bowman's Quiver » 16 Oct 2013 16:51

gazzer, loyal royal
paddy20

as i said, no Saudi's are in the for the club.

however?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 16 Oct 2013 17:01

Gazza's being very specific about the fact that no saudis are in for the club... :?

8685 posts