Last Chance For Lita?

366 posts
Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 14 Dec 2007 13:15

look...i'm man who will smile wryfully as a dead horse is flogged, but lets leave it there folks, enough now

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 14 Dec 2007 13:43

Victor Meldrew Just a point of defence for RR.
You go on and on about people being racist (presumably you are not) but you fail the "ist" test by being ageist to RR in attacking his use of the English language which I assume does not fit well with your own youff-speak.

On and on? Not sure where you get that from.. That post was joke anyway... The ageism comment is also a bit odd. I am a firm believer in the correct use of English language - should have, not should of etc.. I was merely commenting on an eccentric use of phrase.

It must be hard for someone like Royal Rother. It must be sad living a life when you are always right, 100% of the time. It must be remarkably unfulfilling to go through life and never learn anything, as he knows everything always. It mustn't be much fun in debates either..

Anyway. Every day I wake up happy that I am not him. Or like him. Such an arrogant individual.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Dec 2007 13:52

That's good. I have my uses then.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 14 Dec 2007 13:53

Is this the insult thread?

Good, right, now where's Ern, the fat cahunt?

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 14 Dec 2007 13:55

Just looked in to see if this was still going on. Thought it would be.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 14 Dec 2007 13:57

I'm quite keen to keep it going for a while yet. I am being censored though.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 14 Dec 2007 13:57

Old Biscuitman Just looked in to see if this was still going on. Thought it would be.

I get the feeling it would stop if

a) Lita started scoring goals

b) stories about Lita misbheaving stopped surfacing

and

c) People stopped excusing his lack of goals and the number of stories about him that are in the paper ...

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 14 Dec 2007 14:04

have we sold him yet?

shoreys making good noises at the minute, says he wont go anywhere unless its a big 4 offer

hopefully lita will follow suit, sign a contract, and still be here, not scoring as many goals as his colleagues, but making up for it with his entertaining line in non footballing related tittle tattle

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 14 Dec 2007 14:06

Lita is a boring case...leave it go, as I mentioneed before this thread has developed into a think-tank on morality and I prefer not to deal with that right now and here

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 14 Dec 2007 14:07

Gus the teenage cow Lita is a boring case...leave it go, as I mentioneed before this thread has developed into a think-tank on morality and I prefer not to deal with that right now and here

i believe the accepted form of the phrase is "here and now"

as you can see, i am bored too

+1

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 14 Dec 2007 14:12

brendywendy
Gus the teenage cow Lita is a boring case...leave it go, as I mentioneed before this thread has developed into a think-tank on morality and I prefer not to deal with that right now and here

i believe the accepted form of the phrase is "here and now"

as you can see, i am bored too

+1

I like to subvert conventions occassionally, nothing wrong with that, that's why I suggested the 4-2-3-1 formation, anyway i digress

.....really it comes to something if I am appealing for restraint but let's let lita die in peace

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 14 Dec 2007 14:32

LUX Is this the insult thread?

Good, right, now where's Ern, the fat cahunt?

Fcuk you LUXers you piss-drenched slag.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 14 Dec 2007 15:37

papereyes
The real problem is that at the same time all this stuff dribbles out he just isn't producing on the pitch.

Exactly.

If he scores, people simply will turn a blind eye to all his indiscretions.

But while he doesn't, it all starts to add up in people's perceptions of him.

Spot on, and judging by Coppell's comments over the last month on Lita its clearly not impressing him either which surely is the most important factor in all of this. It was interesting to hear Coppell's comments after Boro where he said its up to the players not in the side to consistently prove in training that they are worthy of displacing someone from the team, rather than him dropping someone after a poor performance.

This suggests that Lita isn't working hard enough in training to get back in the team.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 14 Dec 2007 15:48

You're making leaps of fancy, KC.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 14 Dec 2007 15:52

ALL THIS COULD END IF SQEAKY ASKED LEETS ..OH CAPS IS ON SORRY....if squeaky asked leets to do a press conference apologising to the fans, saying he would get his head down and work hard in training, saying he was committed to Reading and would never leave them in the lurch and for a free like Sidwell did....and saying if he got into any discipline bother again he would retire

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 14 Dec 2007 16:29

SpaceCruiser You're making leaps of fancy, KC.

Maybe, but like others I do think that if Lita was impressing Coppell more he'd be on the bench ahead of Long when there's only one spot available to a striker (like this Sat for example). I'd pick Long ahead of Lita every time for the bench as he's a more effective impact player, certainly this season anyway. So unless Kitson or Doyle get injured Lita could be waiting sometime for his first league start.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Dec 2007 16:35

papereyes
Old Biscuitman Just looked in to see if this was still going on. Thought it would be.

and

c) People stopped excusing his lack of goals and the number of stories about him that are in the paper ...

Indeed. That's all I've ever said. All other perceptions in people's minds are complete figments of their weird imaginations.

I hope you all have great weekends now - I'm off home to wonder how so many people can have developed such an irrational dislike of me.

It's all so unfair.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 14 Dec 2007 16:53

Royal Rother
papereyes

and

Indeed. That's all I've ever said. All other perceptions in people's minds are complete figments of their weird imaginations.

I hope you all have great weekends now - I'm off home to wonder how so many people can have developed such an irrational dislike of me.

It's all so unfair.

If you are being genuine in your self-pity then I suggest you are wrong to measure your self-worth by the levels of animosity aimed your way in HNA, it's just a bit of anonymous banter....

on the other hand if you are merely indulging in some kind of post-ironic pyschological experimentation and using the HNA members for your verbal gratitification then I suggest you are doing everything right

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 14 Dec 2007 16:55

Gus the teenage cow
Royal Rother
papereyes

and

It's all so unfair.

If you are being genuine in your self-pity then I suggest you are wrong to measure your self-worth by the levels of animosity aimed your way in HNA, it's just a bit of anonymous banter....

on the other hand if you are merely indulging in some kind of post-ironic pyschological experimentation and using the HNA members for your verbal gratitification then I suggest you are doing everything right

and me now that you've asked...... well it's the funniest thing

:cry: i don't even know myself anymore :cry:

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 14 Dec 2007 18:11

Officially bored of this thread.

366 posts