Wigan Match Thread

349 posts
crossie
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Wigan Match Thread

by crossie » 26 Apr 2008 18:26

Unfortunately, they were related to Kevin Doyle. Reports say that Steve Coppell had to decide whether to tell Doyle before the game and decided to. Doyle chose to play anyway. My thoughts are with Kevin and his family.

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1299061,00.html
Last edited by crossie on 26 Apr 2008 18:30, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Apr 2008 18:32

How awful. And how distressing for Doyler. Let's hope he find his form for the last two games of the season and can dedicate a goal or two to his poor family.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 26 Apr 2008 18:35

God bless Kevin - who cares if 3 teams are below us?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 26 Apr 2008 18:49

Ian Royal
Platypuss Very happy with the point, but we really need to remember how to score goals.

Amen to that. I think Little needs to start from now on. oxf*rd whether he can last the game, we need to be good from the off not once all our players are nackered and disillusioned again.

I'm with you both on this.Its a good point but God do we need a goal

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 26 Apr 2008 18:59

Having just got back, I can report that Lita had quite a good game actually.. Tracked back and din't fall over that much. Almost scored, but then I would have fainted if we had scored... Harper was pretty much ineffectual and terrified to have a shot. When he did, it was rubbish. Bikey was pretty handy but kept being penalised, essentially for being big. Ref had a shocker and appeared to book Shorey for doing the pff training ground throw into the back of your own player and then cross in routine that Utd have been known to do. Quite why the ref thought that was a foul and why it deserved a booking is a mystery. Very confused, but it was a long way away so maybe I missed something. Doobs was alright.. a bit safer then Sonko, but he really is a dirty player...

Kitson must have won about 80% of his headers, but barely had a shot all day. Little looked handy when he came on. Hunt was rubbish.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 26 Apr 2008 19:01

Oh and Doyle was absolute rubbish, but I guess he had other things on his mind..

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2008 19:40

PEARCEY
Ian Royal
Platypuss Very happy with the point, but we really need to remember how to score goals.

Amen to that. I think Little needs to start from now on. oxf*rd whether he can last the game, we need to be good from the off not once all our players are nackered and disillusioned again.

I'm with you both on this.Its a good point but God do we need a goal

On the plus side we have a fairly good scoring record against Spurs this season. Kits may be a little more up for it, if possible, they don't have a great defence and their season was over weeks ago.

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 26 Apr 2008 22:15

TomTheRoyal Only a miracle would put us down now.

Although Fulham are winning 3-2

I don't get this - first you said 'we need a point at Derby', now 'a miracle would put us down'. I assume this is tongue-in-cheek?

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 26 Apr 2008 22:19

Also the death of Doyle's cousin brings it back - yes we may go down, but we'll start again in the Championship, and no doubt have some good experiences there. Or we'll stay up, and enjoy another season in the 'best league in the world'. Luckily we're talking about 22 people kicking a ball around, not anything serious.

349 posts