Spurs (A) *Match Thread* sponsored by Gylfi Sigurdsson

378 posts
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Spurs (A) *Match Thread* sponsored by Gylfi Sigurdsson

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Jan 2013 18:30

bobby1413 Cuunt.

That's addressed to the guy behind me. The person who CONTINUALLY abused BrianMc throughout the game. Regardless of anything that actually happened. The person who sarcastically was shouting "it's a matter of time", "you haven't a clue" etc...

He is not solely to blame for our position. And anyway, I think we have achieved what we deserve to achieve. We have a decent ish squad but one which isn't totally up to scratch. I know, sack the manager, that'd help! Idiots.

You weren't in upper tier row 15 were you? We had a complete cnut behind us too. Ruined the game!

Born 'n Bred Royal

by Born 'n Bred Royal » 01 Jan 2013 18:36

The Beardy Man
Born 'n Bred Royal He's o*ford sh*t end of. Does a job in the Championship where you have more time space so his clumsiness isn't punished as much as it is in the Premiership.

McDermott is saying Carrico is to be used primarily as a midfielder - dropping a big hint that either Leigertwood, Guthrie or Karacan will be dropped. I bloody hope it's Leigertwood to be fair as I'm fed up of seeing us giving the ball away as soon as we win it, and all too often it's his fault. Not his fault all the time but as his pass completion rates show it is more often than not him.

As it goes, I do think his speed of thought on the pitch is too slow at this level...and that's why he tends to be caught in possession or rushing his pass so often.

I too hope we are able to upgrade this position on the pitch.

However to say "He's o*ford sh*t end of" is nonsense. He is a top end championship midfielder who has not quite been up to it at this level. He would still walk into most Reading sides across our history. As a squad player at this level he may yet have a part to play still

Ok fair point, in perspective he'd been a decent player for us last season. However 'not quite upto it at this level' is an understatement and it is no coincidence that our average possession this year has only been a woeful 40%. I'm just tired of seeing a team that is incapable of holding the ball. BBC says we had 41% and Sky 40% today but it felt a lot less when we continually gave away the ball when a promising counter attack was on the cards

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 01 Jan 2013 18:39

MmmMonsterMunch
bobby1413 Cuunt.

That's addressed to the guy behind me. The person who CONTINUALLY abused BrianMc throughout the game. Regardless of anything that actually happened. The person who sarcastically was shouting "it's a matter of time", "you haven't a clue" etc...

He is not solely to blame for our position. And anyway, I think we have achieved what we deserve to achieve. We have a decent ish squad but one which isn't totally up to scratch. I know, sack the manager, that'd help! Idiots.

You weren't in upper tier row 15 were you? We had a complete cnut behind us too. Ruined the game!

No mate, was on the Lower tier. Row 25. Even my GF who has now been to 3 matches got annoyed with him!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 01 Jan 2013 18:49

It's one thing to think Leigertwood isn't going to cut the mustard at the top level of English football (this I can agree with).

It's quite another to abuse him endlessly. Leighertwood you pcunt, Leigertwood is fcking shit, get that prick out of the team etc. That's just retarded - it's not like the bloke isn't trying or has, I dunno, refused to travel to an away game for example. Then going to games with this idea in your head that he's rubbish and taking out all your frustrations on him is stupid. He played better than Karacan today - going to start abusing Jem now?

Same with Brian McDermott - anyone who's abused him on here this season, called him a bald pcunt and so on is just a fickle moron.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 01 Jan 2013 19:01

Blimey Mags, top stuff

+ 1 , of course.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 01 Jan 2013 19:06

Bobby - you should have told him to shut the fcuk up.
It's a sad little existence for some supporters to resort to such personal abuse of an individual.
Perhaps as a child he was bullied or doesn't get on with his dad too well.

The Beardy Man

by The Beardy Man » 01 Jan 2013 19:07

Maguire It's one thing to think Leigertwood isn't going to cut the mustard at the top level of English football (this I can agree with).

It's quite another to abuse him endlessly. Leighertwood you pcunt, Leigertwood is fcking shit, get that prick out of the team etc. That's just retarded - it's not like the bloke isn't trying or has, I dunno, refused to travel to an away game for example. Then going to games with this idea in your head that he's rubbish and taking out all your frustrations on him is stupid. He played better than Karacan today - going to start abusing Jem now?

Same with Brian McDermott - anyone who's abused him on here this season, called him a bald pcunt and so on is just a fickle moron.

Couldn't agree more

Born 'n Bred Royal

by Born 'n Bred Royal » 01 Jan 2013 19:19

Maguire It's one thing to think Leigertwood isn't going to cut the mustard at the top level of English football (this I can agree with).

I agree that direct personal abuse not involving football is retarded. However as paying supporters we have a right to call players sh*t, when they are indeed, sh*t. In the Championship Leigertwood is a decent player but he is not cut out for Premiership football. If you want to stay in the Premiership there is no place for sentimentality, I'm not going to sit there and be content with us continually giving the ball away and being way out of our depth when other recent newly promoted sides are all flourishing in the division. Although I completely agree that we are punching above our weight just being here, it would be nice if we could give it a better shot and hopefully the players we sign in January can do that for us.

However do not put people who call players sh*t in the same bracket as people who call McDermott a bald cnut as that is just uncalled for and deeply disrespectful to a man that has achieved something only one other Reading boss has done. I wouldn't call players cnuts either. But calling someone shit - although harshly worded is often true - and Leigertwood this season (and his previous two seasons in the prem) is sh*t at this level.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 01 Jan 2013 21:00

Born 'n Bred Royal He didn't really do much and he's too damn slow. Dembele and Sandro were miles apart in terms of quality.

That's £15M Dembele and £8M Sandro?

:|

oh yes, and another,

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 01 Jan 2013 21:07

Platypuss
Born 'n Bred Royal He didn't really do much and he's too damn slow. Dembele and Sandro were miles apart in terms of quality.

That's £15M Dembele and £8M Sandro?

oh yes, and another,

I'd like to add one more

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 01 Jan 2013 21:09

Can I add a cheeky :lol:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Jan 2013 21:12

and a frivilous :o

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Jan 2013 21:15

And a pointless :arrow:

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 02 Jan 2013 10:19

Massive +1 from me, people need to leave Leigertwood and Lord Baldymort alone, I think everyone at the club are doing the very best they can to try and stay up.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Jan 2013 11:57

obviously agreed with all of this but I am a bit concerned that Leighertwood is increasingly physically resembling Forest Whitaker in the Crying Game

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 02 Jan 2013 12:13

Born 'n Bred Royal

I agree that direct personal abuse not involving football is retarded. However as paying supporters we have a right to call players sh*t, when they are indeed, sh*t. In the Championship Leigertwood is a decent player but he is not cut out for Premiership football. If you want to stay in the Premiership there is no place for sentimentality, I'm not going to sit there and be content with us continually giving the ball away and being way out of our depth when other recent newly promoted sides are all flourishing in the division. Although I completely agree that we are punching above our weight just being here, it would be nice if we could give it a better shot and hopefully the players we sign in January can do that for us.

However do not put people who call players sh*t in the same bracket as people who call McDermott a bald cnut as that is just uncalled for and deeply disrespectful to a man that has achieved something only one other Reading boss has done. I wouldn't call players cnuts either. But calling someone shit - although harshly worded is often true - and Leigertwood this season (and his previous two seasons in the prem) is sh*t at this level.

none of our players are shit though.
they may not be good enough for this league, but they arent shit.
you mouthing off about players who are trying their hardest is only going to make them play worse imo, so i hope it gives you enough satisfaction to make up for that

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 02 Jan 2013 12:40

leon

obviously agreed with all of this but I am a bit concerned that Leighertwood is increasingly physically resembling Forest Whitaker in the Crying Game

Certainly seems to be packing a bit of junk in the trunk, no doubt.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 02 Jan 2013 13:54

royalexile Bobby - you should have told him to shut the fcuk up.
It's a sad little existence for some supporters to resort to such personal abuse of an individual.
Perhaps as a child he was bullied or doesn't get on with his dad too well.

At one stage I did turn round to have a go, then saw his daughter who was about 18, a major fittie, so decided not to.

(That and he probably would have punched me in the face)
(I don't like being punched)

378 posts