Everton (A) - Match Thread

396 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Everton (A) - Match Thread

by paultheroyal » 02 Mar 2013 18:06

jellytot Hmm.. It is what it is. And we move on ..

If we go down i think BM has to go in the summer. Let's play football by bringing in some one else and clearing out 6 or 7 dead wood. Atkins maybe? If we play football under him fine.

So so diaappointing. Another motd i will not watch. Villa to finish us off on Saturday followed by
Comments like it is the reading way to down like this hooray!

Ian Atkins, are you mad and deluded?

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 02 Mar 2013 18:09

Big Ern I think BM would get far more credit if he was a bit realistic in his interviews. As fans , we may not be experts, but we watch enough to know what is accurate and what is not. I want to be kind to BM as I like the guy, but it is getting to the point of patronising our fans with some of his comments. Apart from a 5 minute period, we never looked like doing anything in the game and when Kebe went off, we lost the only midfielder who could hurt them. From that point onwards, we were relying on set pieces.

+2

jellytot

by jellytot » 02 Mar 2013 18:33

paultheroyal
jellytot Hmm.. It is what it is. And we move on ..

If we go down i think BM has to go in the summer. Let's play football by bringing in some one else and clearing out 6 or 7 dead wood. Atkins maybe? If we play football under him fine.

So so diaappointing. Another motd i will not watch. Villa to finish us off on Saturday followed by
Comments like it is the reading way to down like this hooray!

Ian Atkins, are you mad and deluded?

Think he did ok at saints and likes to play football. Deluded me no. Perhaps Parky?

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 02 Mar 2013 18:35

Adkins mate :D

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Mar 2013 18:40

ankeny Adkins mate :D

Nigel, innnit.

jellytot

by jellytot » 02 Mar 2013 19:06

Paolo Di Canio lol!! But seriously bm is done if we go down.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Mar 2013 19:08

jellytot Paolo Di Canio lol!! But seriously bm is done if we go down.

Why?

Shown himself to be a pretty capable championship manager if you ask me.
Why sack him for getting relegated with a team of championship players?

He has been tactically weak in the prem, but even that would have only given us a chance

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 02 Mar 2013 19:11

John Madejski's Wallet

Why?

I think you contradicted yourself there, hes done a capable job?..whos fault is it we spend the whole season with a CC side?

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Mar 2013 19:15

windermere_royal
John Madejski's Wallet

Why?

I think you contradicted yourself there, hes done a capable job?..whos fault is it we spend the whole season with a CC side?

The clue is in the word "championship"

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 02 Mar 2013 19:17

windermere_royal I think you contradicted yourself there, hes done a capable job?..whos fault is it we spend the whole season with a CC side?

The players?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Mar 2013 19:22

John Madejski's Wallet

Why?

He has been tactically weak in the prem, but even that would have only given us a chance

But what would be the purpose? To take us back up... with what consequences the next season if the best happens? Really we need a change of approach in how we play football and I don't think he's the man to do that.

He doesn't look much like he's learnt a lot from the PL season, although maybe that'll come with reflection. He'll do alright for us and he probably deserves the chance to show whether he's learnt the lessons. I just don't have much faith he has, will or can.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 02 Mar 2013 19:29

With due consideration to Mcdermotts "where we have come from" regular saga, have just watched Liverpool destroy Wigan, last week wigan destroyed us, so Brian how far have we come ?? coz it don't look that far to me ......................................

jellytot

by jellytot » 02 Mar 2013 19:36

Yes if we go down for me we need to start again. Find someone who likes to play football please.

We have been woeful on and off the field this season. losing like that to wigan at home was a
disgrace. We cannot pass whereas all other pl teams can. That is the BIG lesson for me that we should have remembered from our last stint in the pl. We will get stale under bm in the champ.

Clear out a load of players too.
Last edited by jellytot on 02 Mar 2013 19:41, edited 1 time in total.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 02 Mar 2013 19:39

What worries me is that I called exactly this scenario as soon as we got promoted if we tried to play with the same midfielders in the same style, and I know oxf*rd all about football.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Mar 2013 19:43

ZacNaloen What worries me is that I called exactly this scenario as soon as we got promoted if we tried to play with the same midfielders in the same style, and I know oxf*rd all about football.

Yeah, I seem to recal saying that the only way our midfield would work without drastic changes was if Gylfi came in and gave us a central creative outlet and plenty of goals. We didn't bring in that sort of player and it's all just too poor. Akpan's a tiny step in the right direction, but it's too little too late.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Mar 2013 19:46

ZacNaloen What worries me is that I called exactly this scenario as soon as we got promoted if we tried to play with the same midfielders in the same style, and I know oxf*rd all about football.

Mate same here. Same for all of us

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 02 Mar 2013 19:49

Ian Royal

Yeah, I seem to recal saying that the only way our midfield would work without drastic changes was if Gylfi came in and gave us a central creative outlet and plenty of goals. We didn't bring in that sort of player and it's all just too poor. Akpan's a tiny step in the right direction, but it's too little too late.

That's the reality. Not enough quality players and BM's loyalty to past achievers could be his downfall. It all comes back time and time again to our transfer policy in the 2 windows, both have now proved to be spectacular failures, however it is the board that should take the brunt of the responsibility for this and not Brian alone.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Mar 2013 19:54

Big Ern
Ian Royal

That's the reality. Not enough quality players and BM's loyalty to past achievers could be his downfall. It all comes back time and time again to our transfer policy in the 2 windows, both have now proved to be spectacular failures, however it is the board that should take the brunt of the responsibility for this and not Brian alone.

...as Anton himself has admitted tbf

jellytot

by jellytot » 02 Mar 2013 20:46

Without the TSI investment there would be no prem. We won an average championship. We would have been a bottom 8 chump team without az. However, as a club we got the preseason
Wrong and naievely believed that a couple of jammy wins in jan would be a catalyst
Fir our survival bid. The run papered over our cracks. We needed to buy
Quality in Jan but again we did not do enough.

Saints and whu have strengthened and also have players who like to keep the ball.being unable to keep the ball is a major reason why we are going down.

BM's time is up if we are down.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Mar 2013 21:19

jellytot
BM's time is up if we are down.

You can repeat it 'til your face is blue, it doesn't make it true. Or even probable.

396 posts